15MetanuimDC

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

15MetanuimDC

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:54 am

Whos got one, what ya think of it? Im looking to purchase in the near future, want some opinions. I have always wanted that style reel, just hate the SVS system.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 15MetanuimDC

Post by fishingandfords » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:32 am

I had 3 of the 13 mentaniums and wasn't I love with thrm but I just got a 15DC and think it's a keeper plus it looks a lot better then the 2 tone

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:26 pm

I have 2. One to use now. One to save for old age.

TT talks about a search for the one rod. This is the search for the one reel imo. It does everything very well. Basically a 9/10 in every category bone stock. I can't imagine anyone using this reel and not liking it a lot.

DaveJ

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:48 am

Love mine. Never backlashes. Easy to dial in. Lightweight. Only down size is line capacity.

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:01 am

This must be jdm right? How much do they cost?

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:04 am

400 give or take

dinosorcerer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dinosorcerer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:07 am

How does it compare to the 2015 Conquest?

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:46 pm

I have two....Only thing I'm not a fan of is the gear ratio. XG is too fast for me. Same goes for the stella 3 and 4k fi's

If they were a tad slower/more torque. I also have a calcutta dc......They are just as tight and precise as that...with even less handle play

casting with the metaniums is an afterthought. You really can pretty much do anything and not get an overun. Paired on a cumulous 7'1 i had someone who never cast a baitcaster throwing like a champ with 40lb gliss.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:55 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:I have two....Only thing I'm not a fan of is the gear ratio. XG is too fast for me. Same goes for the stella 3 and 4k fi's

If they were a tad slower/more torque. I also have a calcutta dc......They are just as tight and precise as that...with even less handle play

casting with the metaniums is an afterthought. You really can pretty much do anything and not get an overun. Paired on a cumulous 7'1 i had someone who never cast a baitcaster throwing like a champ with 40lb gliss.
The MetDC comes in three gear ratios. XG is the fastest one.

Japan Lure Shop usually has the best price and everyone on here seems to have good luck with buying from them.

https://japanlureshop.com/catalogsearch ... q=metanium

DaveJ

Lucky1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Lucky1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:44 pm

I have one that I purchased for frog fishing. I'm not overly impressed. I have 2 or 3 Metanium xg's and the differences aren't that big of a deal on the water. Yes, the dc breaking works, yes , you can notice it. But, imho if you have a specific technique that your buying a reel for, buy another reel.
I love my core reels along with the new Metaniums. If one of these two reels doesn't fit your application, then you don't need that application. My 2 cents. G

lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:31 am

dinosorcerer wrote:How does it compare to the 2015 Conquest?
Have both but they are for different purposes. Both are well refined and smooth on retrieve. The difference is their profile. I like both of them about the same but use the Met more as I don't crank much. The only slight edge I have between the two is the normal sized handle on the met compared to the 75MM on the CQ100

I have backlashed it but not nearly as bad as other reels but I wasn't paying attention and I was pitching with it on the wrong setting.

It is far easier than the SVS system to dial in and casts.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Lucky1 wrote:I have one that I purchased for frog fishing. I'm not overly impressed. I have 2 or 3 Metanium xg's and the differences aren't that big of a deal on the water. Yes, the dc breaking works, yes , you can notice it. But, imho if you have a specific technique that your buying a reel for, buy another reel.
I love my core reels along with the new Metaniums. If one of these two reels doesn't fit your application, then you don't need that application. My 2 cents. G
I've never used the regular Met. Are you saying you like it more than the DC or like it the same so the price is the deciding factor? Just curious.

DaveJ

dinosorcerer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dinosorcerer » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:31 am

lape0019 wrote:
Have both but they are for different purposes. Both are well refined and smooth on retrieve. The difference is their profile. I like both of them about the same but use the Met more as I don't crank much. The only slight edge I have between the two is the normal sized handle on the met compared to the 75MM on the CQ100

I have backlashed it but not nearly as bad as other reels but I wasn't paying attention and I was pitching with it on the wrong setting.

Thanks for your input. I'm debating if I should get another conquest to match up my Poison Ultima 170MH or pair it with Metanium. I am leaning towards Met but conquest is so good though..

dinosorcerer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dinosorcerer » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:49 am

lape0019 wrote:

Thanks for your input. I'm debating if I should get another conquest to match up my Poison Ultima 170MH or pair it with Metanium. I am leaning towards Met but conquest is so good though..

Lucky1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Lucky1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:59 am

Sorry I'm late getting back to the party. IMHO, there's really no need for a DC reel. If a person is starting out learning how to cast, they don't need a DC. If your an experienced angler, you don't need a DC. I bought one in order to find out for myself if the reel was night and day better than my other Metaniums, I couldn't feel it. My only question would be what will you do with it? I have a core 50 on all of my NRX854 combos and find myself using this combo 75% of the time. Nrx894/Metanium XG the rest of the time. If you want something different and fun, get a DC but I would suggest sticking to the basics here. Tight lines G