Anybody fish the 2015 MB Kirisame Baitcasters?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Anybody fish the 2015 MB Kirisame Baitcasters?

Post by saoulons » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:02 am

And any comparisons to the Steez Megatop in terms of feel, sensitivity and backbone?

These two pique my ultimate finesse fantasies. I own the Megatop and the Kirisame Limited 6'6" 2 piece F1-66ZKS (Spinning) and absolutely love them for 1/16 oz lures and for drop shotting using a baitcaster. I also own an NRX 802C JWR but this one is better with 1/8 oz+.

F2-63XK-S
*Main Specification
Length: 6'3"
Action: REGULAR
Lure capacity: 1/16 - 3/8oz.
Line capacity: 3 - 10lb.

Specifically designed for bait finesse applications such as small rubber jig and neko rig, also ideal for spinning set up applications involving small shad plugs and crankbaits. Unique characteristics of solid blank construction offers superior controllability along with advanced castability.

F3-65XK
*Main Specification
Length: 6'5"
Action: MEDIUM FAST
Lure capacity: 1/8 - 1/2oz.
Line capacity: 5 - 12lb.

Designed for drop shot under 3/16 oz. and ultra light texas rigs, the F3-65XK’s solid tip has the perfect amount of ‘give’ for casts and subtle bite detection. Advanced tip design allows anglers to control light rigs with subtlety to enliven presentations to draw in wary targets.

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Anybody fish the 2015 MB Kirisame Baitcasters?

Post by Vidar6 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:00 pm

I have the F3-65XK, and although I don't use it for dropshotting it's a great rod for the described light Texas and also NED rigs. In my hands it's very sensitive and it does not hurt that it is very good looking indeed 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol:

I have never used the Megatop casting rod, but do own the spinning rod version and I have to say I find the Kirisame more sensitive and with better power distribution between the solid tip and the main blank. I have not caught any huge fish on my F3-65XK but it made short work out of a 3.5-4Ib canal caught European Zander (Walleye) and I'm in no doubt it will handle considerable bigger fish with ease.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:54 am

Sounds awesome, thanks :D

And yes, the Kirisames are true works of art... Makes fishing with them a fun experience in and of itself. I'm not surprised that the F3 can wrangle in decent sized fish. I've landed a few 3 - 4 lbs largemouths on the F1 spinning and 4 lbs test FC, without too much trouble (obviously have to be careful and can't horse the fish in the boat).

What reel and line test did you end up pairing it with? I'm thinking either a Steez EX, a MB F68XL or an Abu Revo MGXtreme. And then either 7-lbs FC or 10-lbs Super Slick PowerPro.

I love the hi-viz yellow PowerPro to see the line jump on the tiniest bites that barely make the tip bend. Ahhhh... Ultimate Finesse. Queue up the violins: :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vidar6 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:15 am

saoulons wrote:Sounds awesome, thanks :D

And yes, the Kirisames are true works of art... Makes fishing with them a fun experience in and of itself. I'm not surprised that the F3 can wrangle in decent sized fish. I've landed a few 3 - 4 lbs largemouths on the F1 spinning and 4 lbs test FC, without too much trouble (obviously have to be careful and can't horse the fish in the boat).

What reel and line test did you end up pairing it with? I'm thinking either a Steez EX, a MB F68XL or an Abu Revo MGXtreme. And then either 7-lbs FC or 10-lbs Super Slick PowerPro.

I love the hi-viz yellow PowerPro to see the line jump on the tiniest bites that barely make the tip bend. Ahhhh... Ultimate Finesse. Queue up the violins: :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
I have a tuned and customised 2015 Aldebaran BFS Limited on my Kirisame 8-) 8-) 8-)

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:56 pm

That's a sweet finesse set up!