2016 Shimano Baitcasting Reels

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
JWY
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

2016 Shimano Baitcasting Reels

Post by JWY » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:50 pm

http://tzlure.com/shimano-2016-baitcast-reel.html

I understand that there are separate threads on the Antares DC, Scorpion/Curado 70, and Metanium MGL, maybe it is a good idea to start a thread for the 2016 line-up in general.

It looks like I will have unplanned expenditures coming up in early 2016.

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2016 Shimano Baitcasting Reels

Post by jpmoney » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:55 pm

JWY wrote:http://tzlure.com/shimano-2016-baitcast-reel.html

I understand that there are separate threads on the Antares DC, Scorpion/Curado 70, and Metanium MGL, maybe it is a good idea to start a thread for the 2016 line-up in general.

It looks like I will have unplanned expenditures coming up in early 2016.

:) Yes it's going to be expensive for sure. My bank account is going to love me.

ibobpeb
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ibobpeb » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Man wish I could read japanese.

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Where is the mechanical brake knob on the Antares? It looks like the Metanium MGL has holes on the sides of the spool like the Antares.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:54 pm

A black Scorpion? That's blasphemy, even though it looks pretty slick.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:03 am

Magnetic brakes on the aldebaran bfs? Interesting..

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:54 am

Very happy to see mag brakes on the bfs xg :big grin:

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:28 am

Done with Bing translator ... so may not be exact. :lol:

Has been entered in 2016, but Shimano seems to take it easy, no definite exposure product details can be seen in before-predicted, s new product is almost complete, just waiting for the briefing on the new product launch in the spring of this year, including the new reel series and other things around.

Recently I got some messages, new Shimano reel has a large water wheel, and some for the spinning wheel, but between them the detailed parameter specification is not very clear, but the basic shape set appears to have clear, almost as described earlier, the new and the previous styles have succeeded each other and nepotism.

Scorpion XT

Like s factory years of a paragraph high sex price type: SCORPION XT this paragraph series has has more long of a time no update had new, this year on will update, in appearance view its changes phase for old paragraph SCORPION XT, changes compared big, relative Yu predecessors this star of color and appearance are no continued Scorpion series that dark red of tones, and overall framework design also more sharp, but currently cannot determine this star new round on completely is old paragraph SCORPION Orthodox inheritance for the XT, but certainly it is the Scorpion clan in the "top grade". I for will its called "2016 SCORPION XT" this star round main of positioning should also is continued high price of route, provides has 3 in the ratio specifications: (6.3, and 7.2, and 8.1) basic covers has most need, weight aspects is SCORPION this series among most light volume of, reached has 185g, and also carrying has S3D type of 32mm big capacity line Cup (12lb/100m 14lb/90m 16lb/80m), Bearing the number 7+1, and also made of HAGANE gear (CI4+ will also use some material seems to be some locations) the price (official reference price) maintained at less than 30000 yen, but in the actual listing will be more cheaper.

ALDEBARAN BFS

Then 2016 ALDEBARAN BFS that micro-shot fine fishing reel, before this round have been a basic introduction, now get the message can be found in the overall framework of the new 2016 Aldebaran BFS basic shape inherited 15 appearance of Aldebaran, Aldebaran was just convenient color turns common black BFS series appearance, and 2016 Aldebaran BFS also inherited its lightweight characteristics, as s 2016 fine volumes of high-end models, the degree of lightening went further than 15 Aldebaran, reached the weight of 130g! This should be the most lightweight reel, can sit on the world's most lightweight reel TOP.1!

2016 Aldebaran BFS will carry light and CI4+ materials and HAGANE material gear and 32mm light shallow spool (8LB/45m), 9+1 bearings, speed ratio of 8.0, and will introduce the latest magnetic brake system (s-haven't used magnetic brake), price for now according to the positioning of its products (official reference price) estimated to be nearly 40000 Yen mark. Personally feel that this round will coexist and Aldebaran BFS older model for some time, so the price seems to be the start of some more expensive, but in the actual listing will be cheaper.

Metanium MGL

Then is 2016 Metanium MGL, this star wheels actually data aspects compared less some, but overall design of shape is nothing difficult of, basic continued 13 metanium and 15 Metanium DC series of overall shape, different of is color seems to slightly has different, personal feel Metanium this series of human engineering do of is quite good of, overall of holds sense aspects personal think is is comfortable of, Metanium MGL will will used MGL concept of light volume line Cup, but this MGL what is a what things currently also not is clear (should a a metal material line Cup, if unfortunately is magnesium alloy like words, so this star is has may will into a star freshwater dedicated volume, I hope not such ^ _ ^), Metanium MGL and will inherited carrying Metanium this series in the of almost all configuration, brake system aspects may also will has improved, But need to wait some time to know.

This round also recently in some operator: the hands of Qin Tuo Division of Macedonia, Kato Cheng and several other tests, this theory seems far behind and maneuverability are stressed, so also need to wait for some time, I feel that this round may be introduced a little later.

Antares DC

Next is DC series of flagship volume ANTARES DC this star round seems to also no appeared, on led to has many of concern, but can certainly of when this star round in this year basic can determine will released, 2016 ANTARES DC in brake system aspects will on old paragraph of for big upgrade, but DC system of basic mode whether also is keep its features used 4x8 DC system and be upgrade, also is used more significantly of upgrade change, this aspects currently also need waiting for. New and will carrying basically all currently s factory in senior drops round Shang application of technology and material, reference zhiqian of 12 ANTARES of line Cup size, 2016 ANTARES DC of size seems to also to into 37mm (06 ANTARES DC diameter for 36mm), appearance also continued has mirror coated loaded of appearance, just in human engineering holds sense aspects will has must upgrade, and round weight heart more low, can operation sex should also will has upgrade's, in new 16 Antares DC I've identified could not be found on the mechanical brake knob, meaning that s plant seemed to have mechanisms to abandon, it seems s factory for their "new works" full of confidence.

Weight, distance 06 had been separated for almost 10 years now, so at least 2016 ANTARES DC weight lighter than the old 20G on, 230g is quite possible, but I personally feel that there is some ~~~ if can be pared down to about 200g then this volume seems to be better.

Besides

Also, Shimano also has 2 paragraph models not was detailed exposure, which on including Stille, this two paragraph models estimated positioning in mid-range upper and lower of location, specific of situation currently also not clear, in shape of design aspects also very close to this two years s factory of streamlines sharp of design style, anyway I on this year spring of s factory also is have is big of looks forward to sense, hope Festival during will to everyone brings surprise.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:40 am

the hooligan wrote:Very happy to see mag brakes on the bfs xg :big grin:
I am definitely getting the BFS Aldebaran for the Ultima and I hoping for a smaller and lighter Antares DC.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:28 am

The Metanium seems redundant but I still want one :D I'll eventually get all of them though

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:32 am

The scorpion looks like a core so I might have to check out the curado 70 but will see. Mentanium looks a lot better now

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CGrinder » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:43 am

No more black with red highlights! Mercy please!

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:35 pm

I like that the Scorpion is black with red highlights. That maroon red of the Scorpions past to me is just hideous. As far as colors are concerned, I think the E series Curado had the best looking paint scheme.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:41 pm

The Scorpion looks dark gray to me.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:12 pm

John G wrote:
the hooligan wrote:Very happy to see mag brakes on the bfs xg :big grin:
I am definitely getting the BFS Aldebaran for the Ultima and I hoping for a smaller and lighter Antares DC.
Nice, will be a perfect match :big grin: