New Shimano Rods (Poison Ultima & Glorious)

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New Shimano Rods (Poison Ultima & Glorious)

Post by Jrob » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Through Plat.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:00 pm

VegasNative wrote:
Jrob wrote:It's official. My 66L+BFS is reserved! Can't wait to get it. Still looking at an April release date from what I have been told. :D
Jealous,Where did you order it?
They do not have them on the site. You need to contact Plat via their contact page to inquire. They require $$ to make reservation as Shimano has a limited number of rods they produce at different times. I would suggest anyone wanting the newest rods to make contact ASAP if they want on the April/ May orders. Just an FYI

VegasNative
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by VegasNative » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:18 am

Jrob wrote:
VegasNative wrote:
Jrob wrote:It's official. My 66L+BFS is reserved! Can't wait to get it. Still looking at an April release date from what I have been told. :D
They do not have them on the site. You need to contact Plat via their contact page to inquire. They require $$ to make reservation as Shimano has a limited number of rods they produce at different times. I would suggest anyone wanting the newest rods to make contact ASAP if they want on the April/ May orders. Just an FYI
Thanks I'll be sure to check it out!

haoz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by haoz » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:40 pm

Been very busy, hadn't had time to logon recently.

I have to say I had problems getting each and everyone of my poison rods, and despite the huge agony of waiting...

I love them all. (Ultimata best at the moment)

alexandboi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by alexandboi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:45 am

Jrob wrote:
VegasNative wrote:
Did they make you pay the full price for a reservation? Really considering the 1610 M...

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:26 pm

How much Plat usually charges for shipping?

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:54 am

alexandboi wrote:
Jrob wrote:
VegasNative wrote:
Did they make you pay the full price for a reservation? Really considering the 1610 M...
I had to pay in full for my 172H upfront. I didnt order from Plat though. Luckily I only had to wait 2 weeks.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:16 am

Teal101 wrote:
alexandboi wrote:
Jrob wrote:
VegasNative wrote:
I had to pay in full for my 172H upfront. I didnt order from Plat though. Luckily I only had to wait 2 weeks.

You are talking about Ultima 172H?
Where did you order though ?

Next rod for me is either PG or PU, I like how PG has more options lol

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:43 am

Yes Ultima 172H. Ordered through JPAngler.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:46 am

Teal101 wrote:Yes Ultima 172H. Ordered through JPAngler.
Thanks

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:37 am

Japan Lure Shop has a few 2016 Glorious baitcast rods in stock. I ordered the 62L BFS :). Just passing the info....

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:25 am

Jrob wrote:Japan Lure Shop has a few 2016 Glorious baitcast rods in stock. I ordered the 62L BFS :). Just passing the info....
Dang most already sold out! Be sure to post pics of that PG. I'm waiting on the Bantam rods

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:29 am

Cracker wrote:How much Plat usually charges for shipping?
i ordered my major craft ms-x limited through plat, it was around $90 between shipping and the "handling" charge they add on. its alot but at the time they were the only vendor that had those rods in stock. i will say, that while it was expensive, the attention to detail they showed in packing the rod was second to none, the rod was taken out of its sleeve, fully bubble wrapped and each of the larger guides were also individually wrapped, then put back in its sleeve and that was bubble wrapped as well, shipped in a PVC tube.

i would order a rod through them again, for sure, if it was not available through JPangler (or maybe digitaka)...jpangler also packs the rods very well and ships in a pvc tube

bassasaurus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassasaurus » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:42 pm

Any reviews on the new glorious sticks? Have a couple reserved but no shipping date yet.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:56 pm

bassasaurus wrote:Any reviews on the new glorious sticks? Have a couple reserved but no shipping date yet.
Not yet. I changed my order to the 66M Wolfgang so the 62L BFS is back in stock at Japan lure. Should have a first look soon! Can't wait!