Question for MB Hedge Hog owners

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Question for MB Hedge Hog owners

Post by jiggerjake » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:22 am

For those of you with the MB f4st-69rs Hedge Hog.What set-up are you using as far as line goes. I was wondering if there might be issues with a leader knot on those upper guides being as small as they are(almost micro).
I want to spool up with a 10b braid and a 6-8lb fluoro. leader.Just got mine but haven't had a chance to put a reel on it.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Question for MB Hedge Hog owners

Post by saoulons » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:59 am

I would like to know as well!

Mothercanucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mothercanucker » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:22 pm

That's the same line combo I would try using. Been thinking about the rod for awhile. The guides are that small to worry about your braid to leader knot?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:59 pm

I use straight 7# Sunline FC on mine. I've used a 20# Daiwa Samurai Braid to 7# FC set up and haven't had any issues with the knot passing through the guides. They're small yes, but nothing that's caused any braid/FC problems for me, though again, I generally use straight FC. You guys will love this rod whatever line you decide to use =D>

vncnt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vncnt » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:42 pm

I'm using 12 lb sunline sx1 with a 6-10 ft leader of either 6 or 8 lb fluoro. No issues with the knot passing through the guides. I've used a blood knot and Albright knot.

jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jiggerjake » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:54 am

vncnt wrote:I'm using 12 lb sunline sx1 with a 6-10 ft leader of either 6 or 8 lb fluoro. No issues with the knot passing through the guides. I've used a blood knot and Albright knot.
Sounds good thanks.That is exactly the setup I had in mind. Mothercanucker,they are pretty small.Macro guides maybe but not full on micro.Didn't mean to scare you.