must have megabass rods?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 544
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by Tigerbass » Thu May 05, 2016 5:09 am

Cracker wrote:The main issue with Megabass rods they are mostly sold out and it takes looonnngggg time for Megabass to bring them back in stock or they get discontinued very quickly. I would probably buy several rods, but I can't find them in stock.
That's part of the "thrill of the hunt" excitement!!!! :lol:

Farnorth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 pm
Location: SK, Canada

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by Farnorth » Thu May 05, 2016 6:00 am

I have the following and like them all.

P3 - Griffon
X7 - Simoom, Shading X, Destruction
Tomohawk- 7'11" Ultimate Cranking
TS Baccarat
New Evoluzion - White Python

The truth is that if you are looking for a rod Megabass probably makes it. Look at the taper, power, and description (or ask Bronzefly) and you will like whatever you end up with. I keep telling myself to buy some other brands to try them out and there always seems to be an MB rod that perfectly matches my desired spec.

Westbankcougar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:09 am

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by Westbankcougar » Thu May 05, 2016 7:58 am

I mainly started this to get a feel for what everyone else thought of thier megabass rods ,and to get more information about these rods based on other people's experience. there is nobody other than myself here locally for me to swap information with so i really appreciate everyone's input. i enjoy reading everyones comments and want to thank everyone that takes the time to post comments.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2066
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 pm
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by Pen3 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:15 am

Westbankcougar wrote:I mainly started this to get a feel for what everyone else thought of thier megabass rods ,and to get more information about these rods based on other people's experience. there is nobody other than myself here locally for me to swap information with so i really appreciate everyone's input. i enjoy reading everyones comments and want to thank everyone that takes the time to post comments.
Since your name is Cougar, what you need is a Super Cougar rod =P~

Westbankcougar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:09 am

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by Westbankcougar » Thu May 05, 2016 8:21 am

i live on the westbank of the Mississippi River in New Orleans area, my boat is a Basscat Cougar.

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:35 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by aussiebasser » Thu May 05, 2016 9:13 am

Redlinerobert wrote:Anything with a Slant bridge. Especially the Diablo Stage 1 and Jabberwock. Very difficult to come by. They usually only trade privately.
This man speaks the truth. Listen to him. Anything with XFti, Xti, XGti, XDti, RSDti or just about anything with ti and a Slant Bridge.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2066
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 pm
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by Pen3 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:32 am

Westbankcougar wrote:i live on the westbank of the Mississippi River in New Orleans area, my boat is a Basscat Cougar.
I have an old '05 Ranger 521VX 250 Yamaha, HDS12 and 12' Talon, but have always dreamed of owning a BassCat Jaguar. One of these days.

User avatar
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4850
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Central Washington
Contact:

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by Teal101 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:36 am

aussiebasser wrote:
Redlinerobert wrote:Anything with a Slant bridge. Especially the Diablo Stage 1 and Jabberwock. Very difficult to come by. They usually only trade privately.
This man speaks the truth. Listen to him. Anything with XFti, Xti, XGti, XDti, RSDti or just about anything with ti and a Slant Bridge.
Yup. I find it interesting how much of an underground market there is for the rare tackle.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:12 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by saoulons » Thu May 05, 2016 10:37 am

Westbankcougar wrote:i live on the westbank of the Mississippi River in New Orleans area, my boat is a Basscat Cougar.
Makes more sense to me. Somehow I thought that you were a "Cougar" living in the West Bank near Jerusalem :lol: Ok, bad joke...

Congrats on the Basscat Cougar, those seem like fantastic boats (boats I can only dream of...). You definitely need to dress up that deck with a few more Megabass rods (although you have a very nice lineup already).

How are you liking the Mephisto?

Westbankcougar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:09 am

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by Westbankcougar » Thu May 05, 2016 12:17 pm

i love the Mephisto, its my go to rod. its seems to be able to do it all. Lets not forget it is awesome to look at as well

User avatar
Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:55 am

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by Jdmbiggie » Thu May 05, 2016 4:06 pm

with so many experts please let me know which rod is best for topwater, shallow crank and jerk? and a all around rod as well. thanks in advance

Westbankcougar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:09 am

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by Westbankcougar » Thu May 05, 2016 6:49 pm

x4 cyclone is my most recent purchase. was bought to use for topwater i haven't had a chance to use it much but i can already tell you its a sweet rod.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:12 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by saoulons » Thu May 05, 2016 8:51 pm

Jdmbiggie wrote:with so many experts
Not all addicts (like myself) are experts 8-)

For me, for square bill and shallow cranks, I love the Phase 3 Griffon. For jerkbaits, I love the XX Jerkbait (also very good all-around stick).
WestBankCougar wrote:i love the Mephisto
Yeah, can't wait to take mine out. I played with it in the yard a few times and it feels (and looks) awesome.

User avatar
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by jmb27 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:10 pm

Jdmbiggie wrote:with so many experts please let me know which rod is best for topwater, shallow crank and jerk? and a all around rod as well. thanks in advance
I use the X4 Black Elseil (very good) and the C40 Elseil (awesome) for those applications. I am a topwater fanatic and the C40 Elseil is a fantastic rod. If I could find another Elseil Evoluzion, I'd buy it.

Some of my faves in the MB line:

X4: Destruction, Black Elseil
P3: Eiger Northwall
X7: Diablo, Super Eiger
C40: Mephisto, Elseil
Black Jungle: Super Red Demon
Last edited by jmb27 on Thu May 05, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Re: must have megabass rods?

Post by jmb27 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Cracker wrote:The main issue with Megabass rods they are mostly sold out and it takes looonnngggg time for Megabass to bring them back in stock or they get discontinued very quickly. I would probably buy several rods, but I can't find them in stock.
This +a bunch. I learned this the hard way.

To the OP, if you find a MB rod you like (in the non-XX line of rods), buy it. Based upon the global production system that MB uses, the rods won't be around.

Post Reply