Phase 3 Nautilus

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Phase 3 Nautilus

Post by Bass1980 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:09 am

Such a fine rod I had to make a thread on it. Paired with an IS71 this setup looks perfect together and feels almost perfect. To my surprise it throws weightless senkos very well and also great for Trig plastics. Too bad they did not make a new version of the Nautilus in the new Destroyers. Even the X7 Extreme Mission does not fish like the Nautilus at all.

I believe if Megabass came out with a shorter version, around 7ft, it would be their best selling rod in the North American market for their premium lines.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Phase 3 Nautilus

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:50 am

It's one of my favorite rods by Megabass. Mine is paired up with an IS71HL Racing Illusion and the combo is used in a wide range of applications, year round. I hoped to see a Nautilus reintroduced in the 2016 Destroyer line up, but it didn't happen, yet anyways :lol:

I agree, while a fine rod, the X7 Extreme Mission is a very different feeling rod in hand.

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:13 am

I need another reel for my other Nautilus. Let me know when you want to sell your racing illusion :D

masterbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by masterbass » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:38 pm

I've heard the nautilus is one of the most sensitive MB rods. I would think the X7 EM's fast tip would give it the edge for bottom contact? How moderate is the med/fast tip?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:54 pm

Bass1980 wrote:I need another reel for my other Nautilus. Let me know when you want to sell your racing illusion :D
I might have an extra new Racing Illusion tucked away somewhere 8-)
masterbass wrote:I've heard the nautilus is one of the most sensitive MB rods. I would think the X7 EM's fast tip would give it the edge for bottom contact? How moderate is the med/fast tip?
In my hands, the Nautilus is way up there on the sensitivity scale. The X7 EM isn't quite on par with the Nautilus, but it's still a nicely sensitive rod in general. It's not very moderate, it's not very fast either. The taper makes it an incredibly versatile rod.

maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by maxpowers » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:59 am

I will second that I love this rod. I have mine paired with a Monoblock Milano. It's amazing.

Cast-Away
Angler
Angler

Post by Cast-Away » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:18 am

A good Alternativ is the F5-72XRC , the Taper of Nauti, lighter and a little bit thinner

I have search for a thinner and shorter Version of my Nauti and the F5-72XRC is perfekt...

Jigs from 1/4-1/2Oz with 4-5" Trailer , rigs, Minnows , Cranks, Chatterbaits and Spinnerbaits all this can handle with this Rod

bassasaurus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassasaurus » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:50 am

maxpowers wrote:I will second that I love this rod. I have mine paired with a Monoblock Milano. It's amazing.
I like the way you think! Have a Monoblock HG68L on mine. Awesome in every way!

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:07 am

Bass1980 wrote:Such a fine rod I had to make a thread on it. Paired with an IS71 this setup looks perfect together and feels almost perfect.
I have the exact same setup with the purple SV 105 spool in the IS. That reel does match perfectly. The perfect swing head setup for me but does very well at almost every single hook application moving or bottom contact. Amazing casting rod, very light for its length and power, and a perfectly versatile taper just fast enough for bottom contact and just moderate enough for single hook moving baits.