Am I nuts?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Am I nuts?

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:41 pm

I have a 15Metanium DC that I have decked out with purple Hedgehog parts and a HawgTech handle. I really love this reel, but the MGL has me quite intrigued. I am having a custom rod built to match the reel that I use for burning baits on Lake Okeechobee. The build is gonna be killer light as I will chuck and wind these baits all day and produce amazing fish. I was thinking of selling the DC to get the MGL (JDM model) since all the parts will interchange. Am I crazy? I was thinking of long term issues with the DC system. Its only gets used in fresh water and always covered when not in use (I am very meticulous of my gear). What say you? ](*,)

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Am I nuts?

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:41 am

Don't sell the DC until you fish the MGL first. So many people sell of something they like only to find their replacement is not as good. I believe the MGL is a reel you will like and enjoy but that is a decision for you to make.

Fish both and then if you need to recoup some money sell the one you don't like as much. Or as they say on TT buy and keep both and dont look back!

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:42 am

Fishing4Fun wrote:Don't sell the DC until you fish the MGL first. So many people sell of something they like only to find their replacement is not as good. I believe the MGL is a reel you will like and enjoy but that is a decision for you to make.

Fish both and then if you need to recoup some money sell the one you don't like as much. Or as they say on TT buy and keep both and dont look back!
You'll keep both. :lol:

Dark3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dark3 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:11 am

The only logic that Im seeing is with your concern over the long term performance with the DC system. I cant comment on its longevity as I havent had the experience but I would research that a bit. If you determine that the DC system should be good forever then I think your crazy to get rid of that reel. Learn from my mistakes which you know about. Many reels I wish I still had lol.

Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redlinerobert » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:19 am

Keep both.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:58 pm

You really can't go wrong between these 2 high end options. If you need to sell one to fund the other then follow your intuition. If this is not the case, I'd keep both to try them side by side and see which one you like best :shock:

alexandboi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by alexandboi » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:31 am

I have both, and honestly cannot imagine letting go of either one.

RogerHarvey
Angler
Angler

Post by RogerHarvey » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:43 am

Yes. Keep it both

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:05 am

alexandboi wrote:I have both, and honestly cannot imagine letting go of either one.
x2 both are fantastic reels

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:30 pm

Looks like you decided to sell the DC? I love my Met MGL but never owned the Met DC. If you can live without the wine of the DC unit the MGL is a great reel.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:Looks like you decided to sell the DC? I love my Met MGL but never owned the Met DC. If you can live without the wine of the DC unit the MGL is a great reel.
Im gonna see. If I can get a decent offer I may part with it. Honestly, had a big realization that the DC and MGL both are the same, and it just feels a little funny in my hands. I prefer the feel of the TD Zillions. So if I can get some good coin for this barely used reel, I will look at a SV103XS or if I can find a mint Hypercast.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:47 am

You've certainly come to the right place to ask if you're nuts. :lol:

The correct answer is keep both, of course. The MGL is a sweet reel.