My experience buying rods using Buyee BEWARE

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
mundo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

My experience buying rods using Buyee BEWARE

Post by mundo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:45 am

I would like to share my experience buying fisshing rods using Buyee, I know this has been discussed before but I didn´t do my homework reading all the posts before deciding to use their service.

I purchased a couple of rods that I had been wanting for a long time: A Megabass Super Eiger and an Evergreen Black Raven, both from yahoo auctions. When the first packaged arrived to them and I got the notice I adviced that I wanted to have both rods consolidated on a single package to save on shipping costs and custom broker fees, they very politely responded that It could not be done or I would loose their insurance. Unfortunately at that point the second rod was already on its way so I asked them to send them under one invoice to at least save on broker fees, their answer? It can not be done. After a couple of days I got another email requesting that I provided the name of a company to invoice and ship the rods to and that they could not be shipped to an individual, giving me two days to provide the information or otherwise the shippment would be "cancelled" (whatever that means) I provided the information and they shipped both rods under one tracking number (at least), The cost of shipping two rods including taxes but not their fees? $313.17 :x :x

When the rods finally arrived and I started to unpack them it quicly noticed that something was terrible wrong, as the first thing that I saw was a portion of a broken rod sticking from the rod bag ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) When I was finally able to take all the parts from the rod bag I was the proud owner of a new 5 piece Super Eiger.
I am awaiting their reply to my claim and will keep you posted...
Attachments
20160901_143405.jpg
20160901_143405.jpg (89.84 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
20160901_142421.jpg
20160901_142421.jpg (91.84 KiB) Viewed 8244 times

Stockinger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: My experience buying rods using Buyee BEWARE

Post by Stockinger » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:01 am

Oh, dang! My deepest sympathy for your great loss.
Everytime, I receive a bent or dent parcel, my heart stops...

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:01 am

Man, not sure what to say but I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. Here's to hoping it all gets resolved!

Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redlinerobert » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:43 am

That. Is sickening. Hope it gets resolved for you.

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:09 am

I put up with the service because I wanted the stuff that could only be had in Japan but it looks like they have changed their policy about consolidating rods. When you push them, they will do it but they will use the largest box imaginable. It ended up costing me more than if they sent them alone.

I'm sorry for your loss, a Super Eiger is a beautiful thing and now there is one less in the world and that is a sad thing indeed

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:38 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when bidding through buyee yahoo auction, most everything is used and there are thousands of sellers similar to eBay? Personally, I wouldn't trust or have confidence in any of that. I'd only use a reputable jdm dealer.
The communication - language barrier has got to be difficult through this site. That really sucks dude and I'd be livid. Who in the capital F ships a rod in a cardboard tube box like that anyways! Idiot

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:45 am

They charged you $300+ plus dollars to ship and didn't even put the rods in a proper tube!? Being able to source these rods and have them shipped in proper shipping tubes is the whole point of using Buyee. I ordered a Jackson Super Trickster STC-63UL off Amazon and thing arrived all beat to hell and broken in multiple segments and am now looking to acquire the rod through Buyee just so I can tell them to put it in a real damn shipping tube.

I can't believe that box. Did they even contact you to offer to upgrade to a better shipping tube? I thought that's how it works.

1 Rod arrives at Buyee warehouse in crappy japan box

2 Rod gets placed in a proper shipping tube as advised by Buyee for additional cost

3 Rod arrives in the US in one piece

4 Buyee rakes in mad cash for their ability to insert an object into a tube

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 am

That really sucks! Seeing and hearing things like that makes me sick. :sick:

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:21 pm

That's a harsh one, mundo. Let me write it for you, brother... ~+$%#@^^!!!!

MondayMonkey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MondayMonkey » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:24 pm

I have felt that pain my first X7 was delivered in pieces even though it came in a tube strong enough for my fat ass to stand on. Even worse it only had to traverse 2 states to get to me. Here's to hoping it gets resolved quickly and correctly.

Last edited by MondayMonkey on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:27 pm

I feel you pain. I have been on the receiving end plenty of times. Luckily eBay protects buyers In my case. Good luck on getting them replaced. :(

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by aussiebasser » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Which shipping method did you choose? You always have choices before they ship, and they advise the costs involved with each method.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:48 pm

Crossing my fingers but I have yet to have an issues..

mundo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mundo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:12 am

Thanks for your support, in fact I had decided to share my experience even before I received the broken rod just so that any fellow TT member had a closer idea on the cost of using Buyee and how hard it is to have them provide any sort of consolidating or packaging service with fishing rods. My first request was that the rods were to be shipped in a proper tube, but they said that could not be done so I guess they have to be 100% responsible now, lets see what happens.
One thing I did not mention was that I used their standard service (2,000 yen) and they also some other smaller fees. In total we are looking at about $200 to get a rod from them.

Mundo

mundo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mundo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:19 am

LowRange wrote:
1 Rod arrives at Buyee warehouse in crappy japan box

2 Rod gets placed in a proper shipping tube as advised by Buyee for additional cost

3 Rod arrives in the US in one piece

4 Buyee rakes in mad cash for their ability to insert an object into a tube
This is what I was expecting, but they refused to pack the rods in a tube when I requested the service.