Shimano Scorpion?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shimano Scorpion?

Post by USA-RET » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:08 am

LowRange wrote:To be clear there is more than one reel called Shimano Scorpion. This is a bit of an over simplification but, Scorpion = JDM Curado.
Absolutely correct. I was referring to the 1000XT.

Dark3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dark3 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:52 am

Loafer wrote:
Dark3 wrote:Image
Tell me, please, do you have another reels besides 70 Scorpion. I want buy it for Zodias 1610M-2 (1/4-3/4 Oz), but dont shure that i like it after using of Met 13. Are Scorp smooth like Met?
Not really sure what your asking about having other reels, im not a dealer and am not currently parting with any reels. As far as the smoothness I would expect a but more refinement from a met

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:09 am

Dark3 wrote: Not really sure what your asking about having other reels, im not a dealer and am not currently parting with any reels. As far as the smoothness I would expect a but more refinement from a met

I suspect our Russian friend is asking if the scorpion 70's retrieve compares to other shimanos you own.

Dark3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dark3 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:16 am

LowRange wrote:
Dark3 wrote: Not really sure what your asking about having other reels, im not a dealer and am not currently parting with any reels. As far as the smoothness I would expect a but more refinement from a met

I suspect our Russian friend is asking if the scorpion 70's retrieve compares to other shimanos you own.
Oh I got you lol. Ok yea, as stated I haveent actually used the new scorps yet, just handled them. I live the life of active military on a high operational tempo so Ive spent alot of time away and still working on getting rods for these reels after parting with my last set of sticks. Actually very stagnet right now with actual time on the water. All I can say is I do have a couple met mgl and they also fee very nice in the hand but feel a bit heavier. The scorp xt1000 i had alot of time with felt as good as any reel Ive used, being slightly less refined than say a steez but pulling its weight in ergonomics and casting.

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:41 pm

LowRange wrote:I suspect our Russian friend is asking if the scorpion 70's retrieve compares to other shimanos you own.
Exactly :).
Dark3 wrote:All I can say is I do have a couple met mgl and they also fee very nice in the hand but feel a bit heavier. The scorp xt1000 i had alot of time with felt as good as any reel Ive used, being slightly less refined than say a steez but pulling its weight in ergonomics and casting.
Thanx!

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:21 am

Gorris317 wrote:I'm looking to add another baitcaster to my arsenal and was thinking about getting the Shimano Scorpion. Don't really know anything about it but it seems likes its comparable to the Chronarch? Is it a reel worth purchasing or would I be better of buying the Chronarch or another Curado? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Not as much experience as most of these guys, but I feel recommending the Scorpion isn't a bad choice on my part. I've only got 3 Curados and one Scorpion...a 1001 SVS 4 x 4 for comparison. Doubt you would regret it.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:49 am

new2BC4bass wrote:
Gorris317 wrote:I'm looking to add another baitcaster to my arsenal and was thinking about getting the Shimano Scorpion. Don't really know anything about it but it seems likes its comparable to the Chronarch? Is it a reel worth purchasing or would I be better of buying the Chronarch or another Curado? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Not as much experience as most of these guys, but I feel recommending the Scorpion isn't a bad choice on my part. I've only got 3 Curados and one Scorpion...a 1001 SVS 4 x 4 for comparison. Doubt you would regret it.

I still run a couple of those 1001's, great reels.