Orochi XXX

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Post Reply
BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:12 am

Orochi XXX

Post by BassFisher83 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:21 am

Saw these yesterday on MB FB page - http://ameblo.jp/sugimura-mbblog/entry-12232336618.html

Didn't see much else about them. Gary, any word on JDM only or US retailers as well? Price point?
Matt

User avatar
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by jmb27 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:26 am

That is a slick looking rod.

I could see myself ordering a few of those. :lol:

User avatar
Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:38 am
Location: CA Delta

Megabass Orochi XXX Rods

Post by Tony9 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:31 am

Saw this post on Instagram. Any word on specs and/or price?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOhv9AtD3ri ... dx_fishing

Dustys60
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:06 am

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by Dustys60 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:04 am

I like those. Wonder why they did a Eva cork split?

User avatar
jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1623
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Kinder, Louisiana

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by jpd0144 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:14 am

Love the look !

I had a couple of XX when they first came out. Id be all over these if they would come with a slightly larger guide than the XX's. Its the reason I did not expand on those. Just a personal preference. Im sure these will be great rods either way.
Last edited by jpd0144 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4505
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by bronzefly » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:17 am

What I do know is that Megabass has something in store for the US market in 2017 that a lot of folks are really going to like 8-) I've been one of the fortunate few to spend a day on the water with them... all new 2017 Destroyer models made specifically for the US market \:D/ I can't go into much detail about them, but I'm a long time Megabass fan, and I'm excited!!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Dustys60
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:06 am

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by Dustys60 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:50 am

bronzefly wrote:What I do know is that Megabass has something in store for the US market in 2017 that a lot of folks are really going to like 8-) I've been one of the fortunate few to spend a day on the water with them... all new 2017 Destroyer models made specifically for the US market \:D/ I can't go into much detail about them, but I'm a long time Megabass fan, and I'm excited!!
Can you say weather or not the xxx version will be a upgrade to the xx line? I would assume with the fancy reel seat that it is.

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4505
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by bronzefly » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:06 am

Dustys60 wrote:
bronzefly wrote:What I do know is that Megabass has something in store for the US market in 2017 that a lot of folks are really going to like 8-) I've been one of the fortunate few to spend a day on the water with them... all new 2017 Destroyer models made specifically for the US market \:D/ I can't go into much detail about them, but I'm a long time Megabass fan, and I'm excited!!
Can you say weather or not the xxx version will be a upgrade to the xx line? I would assume with the fancy reel seat that it is.
I can say that the XXX rods are not a USDM release, and I don't know who that guy is on Instagram making that kind of definitive statement. I can also say that the new 2017 Destroyer series is in fact an upcoming USDM release and is a nice compliment to (and improvement upon) the US XX series. There won't be as many models initially, but those being released are well thought out and responsive to the requests of many of US anglers.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

User avatar
Cristo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1425
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:13 am
Location: The Dusty Basin

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by Cristo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:20 am

Image
"I don't keep track of time, otherwise time will keep track of you" .....Cambo

User avatar
cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 545
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by cortman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:38 am

bronzefly wrote:
Dustys60 wrote:
bronzefly wrote:What I do know is that Megabass has something in store for the US market in 2017 that a lot of folks are really going to like 8-) I've been one of the fortunate few to spend a day on the water with them... all new 2017 Destroyer models made specifically for the US market \:D/ I can't go into much detail about them, but I'm a long time Megabass fan, and I'm excited!!
Can you say weather or not the xxx version will be a upgrade to the xx line? I would assume with the fancy reel seat that it is.
I can say that the XXX rods are not a USDM release, and I don't know who that guy is on Instagram making that kind of definitive statement. I can also say that the new 2017 Destroyer series is in fact an upcoming USDM release and is a nice compliment to (and improvement upon) the US XX series. There won't be as many models initially, but those being released are well thought out and responsive to the requests of many of US anglers.
Roughly what price points are we looking at for these new ones? Any approximate date we can look forward to? *excited* :)

User avatar
389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1452
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:11 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Dustys60 wrote:
bronzefly wrote:What I do know is that Megabass has something in store for the US market in 2017 that a lot of folks are really going to like 8-) I've been one of the fortunate few to spend a day on the water with them... all new 2017 Destroyer models made specifically for the US market \:D/ I can't go into much detail about them, but I'm a long time Megabass fan, and I'm excited!!
Can you say weather or not the xxx version will be a upgrade to the xx line? I would assume with the fancy reel seat that it is.
I can say that the XXX rods are not a USDM release, and I don't know who that guy is on Instagram making that kind of definitive statement. I can also say that the new 2017 Destroyer series is in fact an upcoming USDM release and is a nice compliment to (and improvement upon) the US XX series. There won't be as many models initially, but those being released are well thought out and responsive to the requests of many of US anglers.
I just hate split-grips ](*,)

As far as the xXx, I've also been told a US release is coming for 2017.
Maybe it's a misunderstanding on words, or something got lost with translation, but the guy is MB prostaff, so who knows.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

User avatar
389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1452
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:35 pm

xXx models, Mat Bucker, Destruction, Chimera, OneTen Stick, CoverHacking, RV, Elseil, Themis, Super Orochi, and Venom.

Image
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

User avatar
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Central Washington
Contact:

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by Teal101 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:59 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Dustys60 wrote:
bronzefly wrote:What I do know is that Megabass has something in store for the US market in 2017 that a lot of folks are really going to like 8-) I've been one of the fortunate few to spend a day on the water with them... all new 2017 Destroyer models made specifically for the US market \:D/ I can't go into much detail about them, but I'm a long time Megabass fan, and I'm excited!!
Can you say weather or not the xxx version will be a upgrade to the xx line? I would assume with the fancy reel seat that it is.
I can say that the XXX rods are not a USDM release, and I don't know who that guy is on Instagram making that kind of definitive statement. I can also say that the new 2017 Destroyer series is in fact an upcoming USDM release and is a nice compliment to (and improvement upon) the US XX series. There won't be as many models initially, but those being released are well thought out and responsive to the requests of many of US anglers.
Good to hear. Can you divulge, full cork or this odd half cork half EVA style grip?
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

User avatar
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Location: California

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by zodiak311 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:53 pm

My main question will be how well the rods balance out, and what types guides. Aside from that, the rods look good to me. =P~
Hopefully the potential tariffs don't Jack up the prices on this new line of rods.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1465
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:20 am
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by JWR075 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:58 pm

Hello Destruction. Seems they price out close to the XX series (JDM model based on JPAngler.com).

http://www.megabass.co.jp/site/freshwater/orochi_xxx/
Last edited by JWR075 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply