Orochi XXX

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by Cracker » Tue May 16, 2017 11:26 pm

389Maverick wrote:Destruction, you can never go wrong with anything MB.
A whole lot of rod for that price range.

What a stylish looking combo BRO!!! Made my day :D

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Wed May 17, 2017 6:43 am

Nice!! What baits are you throwing on it? How long is the handle?

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:47 am

Looks sweet!
I have a Destruction on order too. Can't wait! :crying:
What are your thoughts on it?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon May 22, 2017 2:14 pm

It is probably just me but this series hasn't done it for me. I ended up cutting the BT from my active platoon. Great rod just not for me and what I like, style wise and functionally. I just could not get happy with it so off she went. I may just be spoiled from other more spectacular series though :big grin:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon May 22, 2017 2:16 pm

dont get me wrong. damn fine rod but just didn't belong especially with all the others that can basically handle the same workloads that I have already.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon May 22, 2017 5:47 pm

UPDATE - a large order of XXX rods is due to arrive at The Tackle Trap during the first week of June. All orders will be filled in the order they were received and most early pre-ordered rods that haven't been filled, will be at that time. Not every rod, especially those ordered in the past few weeks will be filled, but the bulk of them will be shipping. Notifications will be sent out upon shipment. Hopefully, there will be a few extras of some models left for stock once these go out and the website will be updated accordingly at that time. Thanks for the orders and thanks for the patience!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Anybody play with the Venom yet?
Curious to see how the glass composite stacks up to other treble hook rods. I kind of want it but kind of dont :doh:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu May 25, 2017 9:22 pm

you should just get a black jungle SFMS. Now that rod is for trebs :big grin:

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Fri May 26, 2017 6:54 am

Cristo wrote:you should just get a black jungle SFMS. Now that rod is for trebs :big grin:
I second this.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:26 pm

papabassin wrote:
Cristo wrote:you should just get a black jungle SFMS. Now that rod is for trebs :big grin:
I second this.

I was afraid it would come down to that lol, I jsut saw JPangler has the Venom for $215 vs the BJ SFMS for $399.
Had my mind set on the SFMS but was curious if saving a few extra bucks vs an awesome rod would it be worth it?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri May 26, 2017 1:55 pm

With MB it usually comes down to the skin and what you really want to have on your squad. I always regretted not just ponying up the chedda for the right rod or reel. Now I try and be patient and go after my "draft picks" accordingly. I liked the XXX line but just wasn't for me once I got the BT out enough to decide to keep her or not. I packaged the BT and another pick I thought I would like but just didn't do "it" for me in the XX launcher. Hopefully that can be enough to score a higher draft pick that is on my board so to speak. in the near future. It is fun because you really get a mystery almost every time unless I get personal time with a prospect. Scout/Reviews from others can take you so far, and then what if that prospect is a sleeper pick and there is no info available so you take that gamble or not :big grin: Most of my experience I just have to go and take the plunge depending on funds and what I need on my team. Or just or I take the gamble and get a pick based on "potential talant" Or specs :big grin:

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Fri May 26, 2017 2:03 pm

leggomye990 wrote:
papabassin wrote:
I second this.

I was afraid it would come down to that lol, I jsut saw JPangler has the Venom for $215 vs the BJ SFMS for $399.
Had my mind set on the SFMS but was curious if saving a few extra bucks vs an awesome rod would it be worth it?
I'll be honest, I am biased on this subject as I am not a fan of glass rods. But as far as the SFMS goes...I can tell you it's easily one of my favorite rods, and it is a spectacular performer with trebles. I can't speak on the XXX rods as I haven't handled any of them yet. I have, however, heard mostly positive remarks based on their price point..

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Who am I kidding? This is TT, no such thing as saving extra bucks... Go big or go home am I right? :lol:

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Sat May 27, 2017 4:41 pm

The BJ SFMS is a sweet rod. I use mine mainly for squarebills up to 5/8oz and it performs flawlessly. I'm REALLY diggin' it. Gary at TTT pushed me over the edge. :lol:

bassasaurus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassasaurus » Sat May 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Ham Solo wrote:The BJ SFMS is a sweet rod. I use mine mainly for squarebills up to 5/8oz and it performs flawlessly. I'm REALLY diggin' it. Gary at TTT pushed me over the edge. :lol:
Can anybody that has fished both the SFMS and the X4 Rattleviper compare these two sticks? I know that they are rated F3 vs F4.5 but the lure ratings are the same and the RV fishes more like a medium in my hands. Perhaps I should ask Gary :lol: