Orochi XXX

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by Obz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:20 am

Oh man, praying for a 7' F6 Fast action, with foam grips. If the USDM destroyers are based power and legth wise off the orochi XX line I'll be pretty stoked.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:05 am

Teal101 wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:I am thinking frog rod. The X4 mat bucker didn't do it for me. Maybe this destroyer series will.
Have you tried the XX Perfect Pitch or BJ Frog Game? I used the PP for the last few years and love it. Just recently got a BJ Frog Game to try out this year, seems like a nice rod on the carpet test :lol:
Thinking about the XX perfect pitch. I have fondled it a bit. I will wait to see what this destroyer series looks like. It is hard water season anyway. :lol:

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:18 am

Obz wrote:Oh man, praying for a 7' F6 Fast action, with foam grips. If the USDM destroyers are based power and legth wise off the orochi XX line I'll be pretty stoked.
I'm with ya on that one, like a 7ft mh/fast. I remember when Rick Clunn used to fish the B.A.S.S with nothing but 7ft mh/f rods.

In a perfect world, it'll be something like a true fast version of the phase 3 bandersnatch. Like a Bandersnatch type-F

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:26 pm

I've seen a few phone pics of some 2017 Destroyer prototypes. Looked pretty good!

I may be more interested in a xXx Mat Bucker if the price is close to what's listed. Hopefully Gary can get some of those as well!

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:10 pm

spookybaits wrote:
Obz wrote:Oh man, praying for a 7' F6 Fast action, with foam grips. If the USDM destroyers are based power and legth wise off the orochi XX line I'll be pretty stoked.
I'm with ya on that one, like a 7ft mh/fast. I remember when Rick Clunn used to fish the B.A.S.S with nothing but 7ft mh/f rods.

In a perfect world, it'll be something like a true fast version of the phase 3 bandersnatch. Like a Bandersnatch type-F
I remember rick clunn when he took 4th in the 2000 Classic on Lake Michigan. His Hooksett were sending 4lbers flying into the boat! guy was my hero ever since.

I do like a 7MH, particularly st.Croix MH sticks, I feel like they are on the heavier side of MH compaired to other manufacturers. I'm hoping for a 7H in the new destroyer line though. I have a hole in my fancy rod line up, something like a Evergreen Heracles 7 or steez compile-x would be stellar.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Now back to the XXX.
Is the synthetic metal shaft reminiscent of the beloved Ti rods?

NA 2017 Destroyers are fun, but the xXx has me way more curious for now.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:11 am

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:10 am

Not real sure what to make of these rods yet but they look sexy as hell. I can say with certainty I will definitely be trying out that 6'7" Black the Mis. Crazy name!! She looks like a hell of a finesse rod!

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:24 am

Man there's some nice moving bait sticks in there! Good prices too.
Gonna be hard not to pick up one of those Rattle vipers. And if I didn't already have 1/2 dozen square bill rods I'd be taking a hard look at that Venom.

alexandboi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by alexandboi » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:45 am

Curious as to how the destruction will fish...

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:52 am

The CHIMERA looks like a really fun rod to me...the ONETEN STICK and the DESTRUCTION 70 are also on my radar. These rods do look pretty sweet. But I might be playing the wait & see card with this series to get more info and hear some reviews :-k

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 pm

papabassin wrote:The CHIMERA looks like a really fun rod to me...the ONETEN STICK and the DESTRUCTION 70 are also on my radar. These rods do look pretty sweet. But I might be playing the wait & see card with this series to get more info and hear some reviews :-k
I'm going to be doing that too. I'm pretty interested but I'd really like to get some other opinions. I'm kind of interested in the moving bait rods as well so I'm mostly concerned about balance and build, sensitivity is nice but not as crucial.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:58 pm

cortman wrote:
papabassin wrote:The CHIMERA looks like a really fun rod to me...the ONETEN STICK and the DESTRUCTION 70 are also on my radar. These rods do look pretty sweet. But I might be playing the wait & see card with this series to get more info and hear some reviews :-k
I'm going to be doing that too. I'm pretty interested but I'd really like to get some other opinions. I'm kind of interested in the moving bait rods as well so I'm mostly concerned about balance and build, sensitivity is nice but not as crucial.
Balance shouldn't be a concern since you typically have your tip pointing down when fishing moving baits, at least I do.
This is definitely not rods on the higher spectrum of the MB line, hence good rods to round up an arsenal at an affordable price point.

I'm just not sure if I want to go with the Faust, or the XXX Destruction.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:44 pm

389Maverick wrote:
cortman wrote:
Balance shouldn't be a concern since you typically have your tip pointing down when fishing moving baits, at least I do.
This is definitely not rods on the higher spectrum of the MB line, hence good rods to round up an arsenal at an affordable price point.

I'm just not sure if I want to go with the Faust, or the XXX Destruction.
Yeah, I'm kind of looking at them as a new Levante.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:19 am

from what i have read elsewhere these are supposed to be the replacement for the orochi X4, how true that is i am not sure.

i do know that i am looking at the slend type f (f1-66ks) for a nice little almost ultralight, was going to buy a major craft speedstyle, but think i am going to get an orochi XXX now.

i do wish they would say what guides they put on them, can tell from the pics that they are a tangle free design (on the spinning rods anyways) but no mention of brand or insert material.