Orochi XXX

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by 389Maverick » Mon May 29, 2017 7:14 am

Cristo wrote:With MB it usually comes down to the skin and what you really want to have on your squad. I always regretted not just ponying up the chedda for the right rod or reel. Now I try and be patient and go after my "draft picks" accordingly. I liked the XXX line but just wasn't for me once I got the BT out enough to decide to keep her or not. I packaged the BT and another pick I thought I would like but just didn't do "it" for me in the XX launcher. Hopefully that can be enough to score a higher draft pick that is on my board so to speak. in the near future. It is fun because you really get a mystery almost every time unless I get personal time with a prospect. Scout/Reviews from others can take you so far, and then what if that prospect is a sleeper pick and there is no info available so you take that gamble or not :big grin: Most of my experience I just have to go and take the plunge depending on funds and what I need on my team. Or just or I take the gamble and get a pick based on "potential talant" Or specs :big grin:
If you're wanting a top prospect, you'll need to pay up.
The XXX isn't going to flourish, and perform better with years to come lol.
The price point is paralleled to it's performance, and that wasn't a secret from the get go, not sure what you were expecting.

It's the typical Mitsubishi Rayon Pyrofill blank.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon May 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Mav, sorry if you felt I dissed your home team. I am MB fan and I am familiar on how price point to performance principles work. I wasn't expecting anything amazing, just wasn't for me. I figured I explained my view on gear decent enough. This was in no way a knock. I like the series just not enough to stay on the squad.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Mon May 29, 2017 2:44 pm

Cristo wrote:Mav, sorry if you felt I dissed your home team. I am MB fan and I am familiar on how price point to performance principles work. I wasn't expecting anything amazing, just wasn't for me. I figured I explained my view on gear decent enough. This was in no way a knock. I like the series just not enough to stay on the squad.
No offense taken.
Just seems as though you were expecting more out of the XXX.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 pm

negative, all love here. In fact Hyuga has been on my board for a minute now. not to redirect but I like all things MB :big grin: Just has to have that "it" to stay in my dynasty which I try to keep at a reasonable sized team so the wife doesnt 187 on my arse :big grin: doesn't matter price point. I come from humble humble beginnings. Proud to join in on the fun that is the "darkside"

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon May 29, 2017 3:23 pm

I ordered the Black Elseil II xXx and Perfect Pitch XX from Gary. Now to wait. :crying:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon May 29, 2017 3:48 pm

truth be told I am keeping the XXX Destruction down a few spots on my draft board still so hopefully the gentleman up above will get some data out on it. Not that I really need it, more or less a way to rationalize not getting now :big grin: I have some hot prospects in that weight range coming soon though but she seems like a fun stick! Really love MB's rods in that 3/8-2oz range!!

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon May 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Cristo wrote:truth be told I am keeping the XXX Destruction down a few spots on my draft board still so hopefully the gentleman up above will get some data out on it. Not that I really need it, more or less a way to rationalize not getting now :big grin: I have some hot prospects in that weight range coming soon though but she seems like a fun stick! Really love MB's rods in that 3/8-2oz range!!
What replaced your Orochi X4 Black Python? I ask because I'm on my 2nd X4 Seven Eleven and some day I will need a super versatile long stick replacement.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon May 29, 2017 11:10 pm

Dang I miss that rod! Really haven't found a replacement for that long sword. I really need to revisit that 16' JDM Destroyer 7'11" though.

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:08 am

LowRange wrote:I ordered the Black Elseil II xXx and Perfect Pitch XX from Gary. Now to wait. :crying:
Love my PP!

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed May 31, 2017 3:28 pm

Get that Double X talk out of here :lol: this is XXX territory 5 yard neutral zone infraction!! :big grin:

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:47 am

Anyone get to fish theirs much? Particularly interested in hearing about the Chimaera.

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Does anyone know what the type "l" means on the Mat Bucker?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Any updates on when TTT will get another batch in?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:43 pm

LowRange wrote:Any updates on when TTT will get another batch in?
Next week they arrive and will be shipped back out, a bunch of them :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:17 am

Update 6/23/17

There will be a large number of XXX rods shipped out today. At the end of the day, The Tackle Trap will update the website to reflect what remains in stock, because there will be some immediately available to ship. Thank you all very much for the orders and the patience!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap