New Steez rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Steez rods

Post by leggomye990 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:24 pm

bumpererx wrote:Bringing this one back. Any new reviews or thoughts on the racing design rods? :whistle:

You read my mind, This needed a bump :lol:

drift123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drift123 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Is it the fit and finish that makes these steez rods so popular? Couldn't you achieve the same great finish with a custom rod built on an NFC blank?

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:59 am

leggomye990 wrote:
bumpererx wrote:Bringing this one back. Any new reviews or thoughts on the racing design rods? :whistle:

You read my mind, This needed a bump :lol:
Ok, had a chance to subjectively test the rods out (for sensitivity only) over two outings :D But I haven't completed my testing; I need one or two more outings and a several more fish. :D

Here's the comparison line up:
Ultima 6' 2"
Ultima 6' 10
Ultima 7m
Ultima 7mh
NRX 802c
NRX 843c
NRX 852c
NRX 854c
Evergreen Black Briar
Evergreen Super Cougar
Evergreen Super Stallion

Reels:
Diawa TN's
Daiwa TW 1016-SV-SHL's
Daiwa LTD 105XHL
Shimano Aldebaran 51 xg''s
Shimao CQ/BFS HG
Megabass IS63/71

Line: FC Shooter #6/8/10/12 & FC Sniper #6/8/10/12 (no braids)

Lures range: 1/8- 3/4 (jig/worm) only

So far, I can feel they're every bit as sensitive as the NRX's, and Ultima's. But, the RD 6' 4" and 6' 8" does slightly better in sensitivity with lures 1/8 - 3/16 to all the other rods equivalent in lure rating in the line up comparison.

So, Im pretty happy with the sensitivity on these RD rods, so far. :big grin:

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 am

I need one or two RD rods :lol:
I just hate how the CAD to USD is terrible, for the price of a RD is gona cost over 900 CAD probly lol

bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bumpererx » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:06 am

Does anyone who owns the RD rods or any rods with the ags guides have any issues with durability of the guides with good "normal"use and care?

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:44 pm

leggomye990 wrote:I need one or two RD rods :lol:
I just hate how the CAD to USD is terrible, for the price of a RD is gona cost over 900 CAD probly lol
Curent PayPal exchange rate as of today :1 CAD = 79.2187 JPY1 /1USD = 1.29428 CAD

I'm not sure how much the RD rods are going as of today, but I assume its not cheap. Theres always Paypal credit. or CC :D

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:04 pm

bumpererx wrote:Does anyone who owns the RD rods or any rods with the ags guides have any issues with durability of the guides with good "normal"use and care?
I have the USD AGS STZ711MHXB and I haven't had any issues. However, Ive heard the epoxy on the guides cracking from a couple anglers. I personally. think its operator error. If normal use entails accidentally stepping on the guides from time to time, then yes; those guides aren't so forgiving, especially if an angler is on the heavy side. Im a light footed 145- 150lbs guy and have bent/broke a couple sturdy guides myself.

bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bumpererx » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:26 pm

ayo8 wrote:
bumpererx wrote:Does anyone who owns the RD rods or any rods with the ags guides have any issues with durability of the guides with good "normal"use and care?
I have the USD AGS STZ711MHXB and I haven't had any issues. However, Ive heard the epoxy on the guides cracking from a couple anglers. I personally. think its operator error. If normal use entails accidentally stepping on the guides from time to time, then yes; those guides aren't so forgiving, especially if an angler is on the heavy side. Im a light footed 145- 150lbs guy and have bent/broke a couple sturdy guides myself.
Thanks for the response. I was more worried about them snapping or cracking during a hookset than negligence. No guides are safe from that. Ive lost a rod tip to a car door but that was a real long time ago ](*,) :lol:
I couldn't find much negative info about the ags guides aside from word of mouth concerns. Can anyone chime in if they are replaceable?

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Can we bump this thread. Anyone else get one? Or further review after more use.

I'm hoping for a MH this winter.

bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bumpererx » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:34 am

BassFisher83 wrote:Can we bump this thread. Anyone else get one? Or further review after more use.

X2 on that MH
Anymore input on this lineup, especially on the 7011hrb. Bumping this back to life :big grin:

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:34 pm

bumpererx wrote:
ayo8 wrote:
Thanks for the response. I was more worried about them snapping or cracking during a hookset than negligence. No guides are safe from that. Ive lost a rod tip to a car door but that was a real long time ago ](*,) :lol:
I couldn't find much negative info about the ags guides aside from word of mouth concerns. Can anyone chime in if they are replaceable?
I have 2 ags rods. The guides are very durable. Bushwakin for miles and getting them hung in branches and multifloral rose.
In the beginning I was worried they'd be fragile. But they've proved to be fine. To me it's a non issue and a perfromance upgrade over ti sic or ti torzite

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:10 pm

bumpererx wrote:
BassFisher83 wrote:Can we bump this thread. Anyone else get one? Or further review after more use.

X2 on that MH
Anymore input on this lineup, especially on the 7011hrb. Bumping this back to life :big grin:
I can only think of one other person on here other than me that got a couple, but hes reluctant to post. i would love to hear other's opinion on these rods.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:16 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
bumpererx wrote:
ayo8 wrote:
I have 2 ags rods. The guides are very durable. Bushwakin for miles and getting them hung in branches and multifloral rose.
In the beginning I was worried they'd be fragile. But they've proved to be fine. To me it's a non issue and a perfromance upgrade over ti sic or ti torzite
They are pretty durable. Youd have to purposely neglect them to get them to crack. I love the USD AGS rods; they're super sensitive and durable.

bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bumpererx » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
bumpererx wrote:
ayo8 wrote:
Scooby-Doo, that’s great to hear about the durability. It was my main concern with these rods.

bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bumpererx » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:39 pm

ayo8 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
bumpererx wrote:
ayo8 wrote:
They are pretty durable. Youd have to purposely neglect them to get them to crack. I love the USD AGS rods; they're super sensitive and durable.
Ayo8, what range of baits have you fished with your 7011HRB?