New Shimano x Jackall Poison Ultima & Glorious Rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

New Shimano x Jackall Poison Ultima & Glorious Rods

Post by maxpowers » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:31 pm

As I was looking through the Shimano Ultima website (http://fishing.shimano.co.jp/product/rod/3533) I noticed there were two new models listed. The 163MH and the 174MH-G. They are missing from the chart, but a bit of digging reveals we're getting two new Ultimas in April 2017

A bit of digging quickly unearthed: http://www.bassfishingheart.com/2016/12 ... tima-2017/

Translated:

"163 MH is Jig & Texas exclusive rod, Shimano × Jackall is unusual MH power short rod. Recently there are a lot of long rods so when it comes to MH, it is mostly more than 6 feet 6 inches, but I felt like a rod faced for fishing such as Light Texas which is required accuracy of the cover center."

"174 MH - G is a glass version of Lake Biwa Versatile X. It is a rod specialized for scrolls of heavy lure such as swim jig and spinner bait. Is it like a power up version of the rod called C7 of Glorious?"

Also it looks like we're getting a few Poison Glorious remakes/releases (listed in the article). The XXH Magnum Vortism really sticks out to me as something that I should probably try too

Awesome!

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Shimano x Jackall Poison Ultima & Glorious Rods

Post by zodiak311 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Good Lord, with all this new stuff, Shimano is really crushing Daiwa this year. And this is coming from a Daiwa guy! :big grin:

The Brush Buster is awesome, but some of these new models really have me intrigued.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

drewlesch
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by drewlesch » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:07 pm

I don't recall seeing any of the following in the PG line up:

166 MH - Hyper WOLF -
Bottom fishing powerful power versatile rod.
It is a power versatile tire rod that improved jig, warming, spinnerbait, etc. freely, and improved coverage for cover & bottom games. We succeeded in weight reduction while maintaining strength, dramatically improved operability and sensitivity. High sensitivity blanks can clearly perceive changes in structure and bottom and fine atari. The lure with a light weight can also be precisely controlled. With Atari equipped with a response that can decide hooking instantaneously, it will bend tenaciously and briefly lift the big bus and lift it comfortably. Not only for shore games, but also for boats, it is well organized, especially for fishing that aims at near- to middle distances, it allows for high-precision games.

168ML-LM-GREYHOUND 68-
New dimension hard bait exclusive items using low elastic carbon.
Hard bait exclusive item adopting low elasticity (Low Modulus) carbon. The first time in Shimano's bus rod, the new dimension blank which adopted low elastic carbon only in the tip section. Low elastic carbon has medium characteristics of medium elastic carbon and glass, material which is compatible with stickiness and lightness. Especially vibrate, spinner bait, high pitch pitch crank bait and vibration pitch resonate with fast bait motion and quickly transmit berry and bat with high elasticity to the hand. Blanks that have been lightened thoroughly are less blurred, and actions such as Twitch & Jerk can be directed linearly. It is a rod that embodies the elements required for a technical hard bait game at a high level.

169 XH - SB - TRICK VORTISM 69 -
Big bait rod to eat technical.
As the popularity of the big bait games increases, the field of high pressure is going on, and it is a strong rod developed to capture a large bus. It is possible to cast precisely the big bait of 50 to 150 g class to the cover entwining point with a high approach difficulty. Just a big bus that does not respond to the invitation of winding can also be captured with a trick action like Twitch & Jerk. It is a big bait rod that can realize a manual sense game which instantaneously takes action in a quiet movement and eats it.

176 XXH - SB - MAGNUM VORTISM 76 -
Poison's strongest power rod.
Poison series The strongest big bait rod. While maintaining the power and strength that can cast a big big bait of a maximum 300 g class, the weight of the rod achieves an astounding lightness of about half its weight. The benefits that the light brings are not only being able to continue casting steadily with fatigue drastically reduced, but also to make an instantaneous invitation to jerk a big big bait and invite reaction bytes, as Angler's will You can direct. Just by casting and rolling it is a high pressure Big Lake that does not lead to fishing results and it demonstrates its power. Indeed, it is a model that symbolizes the newborn poison glorious that fuses strength and lightness in a high dimension.
JIG & WORM

1610 H - MIGHTY STINGER -
Technical power rod boasts high response.
Developed with the technical power game as a keyword, the power rod of heavy-duty heavy-duty class of the poison series for the first time. We polished each part assuming a highly accurate cover game by Jig & Texas rig. Achieving light swinging by fitting the 6'10 "length to a blank which has been thoroughly lightened while maintaining power and strength.We boast a castability that you can approach up to the deepest part of the cover with pitching as well as long cast It is easy to handle even from small boats and has a response that can decide hooking instantaneously with small motion.This is a new power game rod with depth of pocket that can also correspond to big bait.

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:35 pm

That Ultima G for spinners and swim jigs is intriguing for sure. I like the extra length for long casts to large grass flats. I have the GLX 783 I use currently, great for close quarter combat but certainly lacks in the distance department.

I wish those XH & XXH weren't SB rods, would have liked that 7'6" for pitching and punching possibly. I'll keep and eye when more info comes out.

maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by maxpowers » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:53 pm

drewlesch wrote:I don't recall seeing any of the following in the PG line up:

166 MH - Hyper WOLF -
Bottom fishing powerful power versatile rod.
It is a power versatile tire rod that improved jig, warming, spinnerbait, etc. freely, and improved coverage for cover & bottom games. We succeeded in weight reduction while maintaining strength, dramatically improved operability and sensitivity. High sensitivity blanks can clearly perceive changes in structure and bottom and fine atari. The lure with a light weight can also be precisely controlled. With Atari equipped with a response that can decide hooking instantaneously, it will bend tenaciously and briefly lift the big bus and lift it comfortably. Not only for shore games, but also for boats, it is well organized, especially for fishing that aims at near- to middle distances, it allows for high-precision games.

168ML-LM-GREYHOUND 68-
New dimension hard bait exclusive items using low elastic carbon.
Hard bait exclusive item adopting low elasticity (Low Modulus) carbon. The first time in Shimano's bus rod, the new dimension blank which adopted low elastic carbon only in the tip section. Low elastic carbon has medium characteristics of medium elastic carbon and glass, material which is compatible with stickiness and lightness. Especially vibrate, spinner bait, high pitch pitch crank bait and vibration pitch resonate with fast bait motion and quickly transmit berry and bat with high elasticity to the hand. Blanks that have been lightened thoroughly are less blurred, and actions such as Twitch & Jerk can be directed linearly. It is a rod that embodies the elements required for a technical hard bait game at a high level.

169 XH - SB - TRICK VORTISM 69 -
Big bait rod to eat technical.
As the popularity of the big bait games increases, the field of high pressure is going on, and it is a strong rod developed to capture a large bus. It is possible to cast precisely the big bait of 50 to 150 g class to the cover entwining point with a high approach difficulty. Just a big bus that does not respond to the invitation of winding can also be captured with a trick action like Twitch & Jerk. It is a big bait rod that can realize a manual sense game which instantaneously takes action in a quiet movement and eats it.

176 XXH - SB - MAGNUM VORTISM 76 -
Poison's strongest power rod.
Poison series The strongest big bait rod. While maintaining the power and strength that can cast a big big bait of a maximum 300 g class, the weight of the rod achieves an astounding lightness of about half its weight. The benefits that the light brings are not only being able to continue casting steadily with fatigue drastically reduced, but also to make an instantaneous invitation to jerk a big big bait and invite reaction bytes, as Angler's will You can direct. Just by casting and rolling it is a high pressure Big Lake that does not lead to fishing results and it demonstrates its power. Indeed, it is a model that symbolizes the newborn poison glorious that fuses strength and lightness in a high dimension.
JIG & WORM

1610 H - MIGHTY STINGER -
Technical power rod boasts high response.
Developed with the technical power game as a keyword, the power rod of heavy-duty heavy-duty class of the poison series for the first time. We polished each part assuming a highly accurate cover game by Jig & Texas rig. Achieving light swinging by fitting the 6'10 "length to a blank which has been thoroughly lightened while maintaining power and strength.We boast a castability that you can approach up to the deepest part of the cover with pitching as well as long cast It is easy to handle even from small boats and has a response that can decide hooking instantaneously with small motion.This is a new power game rod with depth of pocket that can also correspond to big bait.

The Hyperwolf was for sure. It was released in the previous generation of Poison Glorious rods in 2012, along with my fav PG rod (and probably one of my favs to fish) the Wolfdexter - 66ML =P~ Topwater heaven

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:58 pm

zodiak311 wrote:Good Lord, with all this new stuff, Shimano is really crushing Daiwa this year. And this is coming from a Daiwa guy! :big grin:
+1 Here...Shimano is killing it this year.

One for sure I will be looking into more. The Greyhound almost sounds like it was made for the CQ BFS 8-)

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:11 am

papabassin wrote:
zodiak311 wrote:Good Lord, with all this new stuff, Shimano is really crushing Daiwa this year. And this is coming from a Daiwa guy! :big grin:

One for sure I will be looking into more. The Greyhound almost sounds like it was made for the CQ BFS 8-)
Have you handled the PG cover trap? I might be pairing it with the Bfs CQ. 8-)
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:35 am

zodiak311 wrote:
papabassin wrote:

Have you handled the PG cover trap? I might be pairing it with the Bfs CQ. 8-)
I haven't but it's definitely on a short list of mine. I'm looking for something that will throw tiny cranks and other small moving baits. I feel like the CQ BFS will be the ticket reel wise...just on the lookout for a rod to pair it with now

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:10 pm

Video on the 2017 Poison Glorious models:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Esp_15Wazc

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:30 pm

papabassin wrote:Video on the 2017 Poison Glorious models:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Esp_15Wazc
Thanks for sharing!
Love this Shimano line up! Very well balanced and more sensitive than NRX rods!
Looking to add couple more models in upcoming year.

frankdi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by frankdi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:21 pm

They really are works of art. Love the handles.

bassasaurus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassasaurus » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:44 pm

frankdi wrote:They really are works of art. Love the handles.
Agree. Love my MB and EG sticks but the PG series is outstanding. Sensitivity is amazing.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:16 am

Any word on when these might come out?

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:43 am

jmb27 wrote:Any word on when these might come out?
Looks like Plat has the 2017 PG's in stock

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/defa ... rious.html

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:54 am

jmb27 wrote:Any word on when these might come out?

I ordered the new Hyperwolf 166MH. Plat said they should be around late March.
Also really thinking about the 168ML-LM too, looks like a really fun rod for squarebills.