Luxxe Oltre B70H or ???

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Luxxe Oltre B70H or ???

Post by Cyacnba » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:52 am

Hi everyone,

I was looking for a jig rod that could handle 1/2oz + jigs when I stumbled upon the Luxxe Oltre B70H. It seems they are very hard to find and only a few people own one, so for those who have this rod, where can I purchase one?
Are there better alternatives? I was also thinking about the MB X7 Bearing Down, but I'm not sure if a 1/2oz jig would be too much for it. I already have a Phase III Bearing Down, so how does the X7 BD and Luxxe Oltre B70H compare to the P3 BD?

Thanks in advance.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Luxxe Oltre B70H or ???

Post by ayo8 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Buyee if you're lucky, and one other place I know- Tackle japan.

I remember, inquiring about cost/shipping 6 months ago on a B70H and Tackle japan wanted close to 900$, it was something like $685 for the rod, plus $205 in shipping (which was their cheapest shipping they provided :roll: ). then add duty....and you got an expensive rod. I was planning on getting it, but some other rods caught my eye at the same time. Oh, the Evoluzion LWL, Lol. I had to get all 5 rods :)

Personally, I find the X7 BD to handle 1/2oz jigs very easy- as well as the P3 BD. Hopefully, someone here can chime in on the key differences between the Oltre b70H vs the MB BD's from their experiences on using all three. And a cheaper source, too. That 250$ with shipping and duty kinda turned me off.

If anyone has an luxxe Oltre to sell me, hit me up :)

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:43 pm

bass.jp (Proshop Otsuka) is where i purchased my Luxxe from. Just email them to check availability and they will send you a PP invoice. Rod wasn't too pricey compared to others in its class but shipping was expensive.

I have the 69MH and use it for weightless -3/8oz t-rig. The tip is super fast, I assume because of the titanium tip. Awesome rod.

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:25 am

I love both of my B70H's :D Sooo glad I got both before they got as popular as they are now. Great rod and perfect for your intended use. It is my go to jig/worm rod. Sorry, I cannot compare to the BD. If you can find it buy it!!!

Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Cyacnba » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 am

Thanks for the replies so far. I found this on Rakuten http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pros ... 018380309/ , but I'm not sure how shipping fees work on this website. Also, the title is kinda confusing.

I sent an e-mail to bass.jp, hoping they have one in stock and the price isn't crazy expensive.

drewlesch
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by drewlesch » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Here's the link. 3 in stock. Shipping is fair and fast (you can include another rod for the same shipping price).

http://www.bass.co.jp/index.php?m=k&cc= ... 01G5101811

I own some very nice gear including megabass, evergreen, shomanp ultimas and without a doubt the fit and finish of the Luxxe Oltre line up is second to none. If I could only fish one rod it might just be the b70h it's extremely versatile.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Cyacnba wrote:Thanks for the replies so far. I found this on Rakuten http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pros ... 018380309/ , but I'm not sure how shipping fees work on this website. Also, the title is kinda confusing.

I sent an e-mail to bass.jp, hoping they have one in stock and the price isn't crazy expensive.
I recently ordered a hard to find rod from Japan Angler. Just shoot them an email with the model number. He was able to get my rod despite not carrying that brand and the price was just as good as you can find on rakuten.

Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Cyacnba » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Bootytrain wrote: I recently ordered a hard to find rod from Japan Angler. Just shoot them an email with the model number. He was able to get my rod despite not carrying that brand and the price was just as good as you can find on rakuten.
Thank you. Kazu got back to me pretty quick, but unfortunately, he cannot order the Luxxe rod.

For those who ordered from bass.jp, how much did you get charged for shipping and handling?

drewlesch
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by drewlesch » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:13 pm

Going back through my records, it looks like I paid 10,000 yen for shipping (though the exchange rate was a bit more in favor of the Yen). Shipped via FedEx and the rods arrived in perfect condition.

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:24 pm

drewlesch wrote:Going back through my records, it looks like I paid 10,000 yen for shipping (though the exchange rate was a bit more in favor of the Yen). Shipped via FedEx and the rods arrived in perfect condition.
That's exactly what I paid.

Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Cyacnba » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:10 am

drewlesch wrote:Going back through my records, it looks like I paid 10,000 yen for shipping (though the exchange rate was a bit more in favor of the Yen). Shipped via FedEx and the rods arrived in perfect condition.
Thank you. Do you remember if you also had to pay for handling or was it just the rod + shipping and nothing else?

drewlesch
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by drewlesch » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:15 am

Cyacnba wrote:
Thank you. Do you remember if you also had to pay for handling or was it just the rod + shipping and nothing else?
That was total cost for shipping and handling for two rods.