Casitas MGL opinions

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Casitas MGL opinions

Post by alafly » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:20 am

I hope it not...but based on some of my experience.

Due to manufacturing tolerance, it might have little play between main brass gear and pinion gear when spinning the handle.

When you are open it, it will be easy to check. Applying some Shimano DG04 grease could temporarily resolved the problem for a while.

Then the feeling might come back...

LowRange wrote:It was smooth and silent with the drag locked down. After playing with it the handle began to spin more freely, a vibration devloped and i began to hear the gearing. The grease must have thinned out bit is all. My SS SV did the same thing. A bit disappointing but expected given the price point. Still nicer than a Ballistic.
"North" of America...

Ish87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Casitas MGL opinions

Post by Ish87 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:31 am

I own a shimano casitas mgl and I'm impressed with for the price point. The mgl spool is great. I can cast 1/8oz lures with hardly any difficulty. I own a chronarch ci4 and the casitas mgl casts lighter lures a little bit better than the chronarch ci4. The mgl spool is a little bit shallower than the chronarch as well. It's not as smooth as the chronarch but over all a great reel. When I'm casting 1/8 oz lure I have two brakes on and the external dail set on 3 with the cc knob set pretty loose. I can get pretty good distance on it.