Major Craft MS-X and MS-X Limited differences?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Major Craft MS-X and MS-X Limited differences?

Post by jmb27 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:44 pm

As I look to take the plunge down the BFS rabbit hole, I have a few questions. What are the differences between the MS-X and MS-X Limited series? Is it cosmetic? Better guides?

In addition do I need to be aware of any issues using braid with a leader with the "out of the box" BFS reels like the Aldebaran BFS and the Daiwa Air (etc.) ?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Major Craft MS-X and MS-X Limited differences?

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:28 am

Daiwa doesn't recomend braid or baits over 15 grams with the air spools but most guys ignore the no braid warning. I'm guessing their concern is the spool becoming damaged if you get a spool stop while throwing a heavy bait and thr spool shearing from the spool shaft. With appropriate sized baits and drag you will be fine IMO. I havent any of my DIY spools yet.

Steez123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Steez123 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:48 am

I have the MSX Limited. I believe the only difference is that the limited has torzite guides - the only reason I bought it was for the torzite guides.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Steez123 wrote:I have the MSX Limited. I believe the only difference is that the limited has torzite guides - the only reason I bought it was for the torzite guides.
this seems correct, with a few exceptions, at least with the spinning models (havent looked at the casting much) they seem to be about an inch longer. there are also some cosmetic differences.

i would assume the blanks are the same, though the material used is never mention in anything i have looked at. i can say that the 6'5" light fast ms-x limited is one awesome stick, very light weight, very very sensitive in my hands, probably my favorite rod (though i got a 2016 megabass destroyer lycaon a couple weeks ago that i havent used yet, hoping that one is as good or better!)

the regular ms-x seems like a good rod, too. ti/sic guides and assuming its the same blank as the limited should be awesome for a bit less cash.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:32 pm

Thanks for the input about the components and differences between the rods. I am narrowing down the selection now.

Of course, the MB Kirisame I looked at yesterday is complicating things again... :lol: