Tatula 103 SV - 2017

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tatula 103 SV - 2017

Post by Slazmo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:18 am

Hi everyone.

Just caught my eye that a new Tatula is out for 2017, and a SV model.

Can anyone give details if its just a SV (BFS) type spool only upgrade and still sports the through pinion full length shaft? Interested to know if thats the only "upgrade".

Other than that the frame and workings are the same as a CT, bar for the cut outs on the frames levelwind hood which'll reduce weight by a few grams if at best.

http://japantackle.com/casting-reels/da ... 00219.html

TIA

Andrew.
Last edited by Slazmo on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula SV - 2017

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:32 am

The spool will still have the long spool shaft. The spool will not fit in the CT to the best of my knowledge.

It's should be a pretty sweet reel for 200 bucks. You get the 8.1 ratio in left and right along with the SV technology, should make it a good seller.

Btw, you should look elsewhere in the forum. This reel has been talked about.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Only two responses to the search for Tatula SV has been my question and your reply, unless theyre hidden cryptically under responses for the CT or 103 SV?

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Daiwa bringing SV tech to the lower end reel, gonna kill the market. The Tatula I already call the "Curado killer", now is gonna bury it. Shimano better bring it with a redesigned Curado with the new SVS if it even wants to compete. I still think the Tat SV is gonna be the better reel.
<")))><{

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:Daiwa bringing SV tech to the lower end reel, gonna kill the market. The Tatula I already call the "Curado killer", now is gonna bury it. Shimano better bring it with a redesigned Curado with the new SVS if it even wants to compete. I still think the Tat SV is gonna be the better reel.
Without doubt. The new SV reel they're saying can cast to 4gr, a CT can do that out of the box, assuming the SV 103 is going to be that much bigger than the CT 100, but with that shallower / lighter spool.

I've lost interest in Shimano baitcaster reels all of a sudden, and thats after all these years of faithful patronage to the brand. While not a die hard fan of T Wing myself its hard to look past it anf the distances you can achieve - just got to keep it well lubed and free of gunk.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula 103 SV - 2017

Post by bronzefly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:54 pm

I've fished this new Tatula SV (LH 8:1) a few times now and wow... this reel is going to turn heads to say the least. It's amazing how much performance Daiwa has packed into a $199.95 price point reel. A bunch of guys who have pre-ordered through The Tackle Trap will have them by the end of this week, so I'm curious to start hearing some feedback! All models except the RH 8:1 are currently in stock and shipping this week if anyone wants to jump, don't forget "TT10" at check out...

Daiwa Tatula SV @ The Tackle Trap
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:53 pm

bronzefly wrote:I've fished this new Tatula SV (LH 8:1) a few times now and wow... this reel is going to turn heads to say the least. It's amazing how much performance Daiwa has packed into a $199.95 price point reel. A bunch of guys who have pre-ordered through The Tackle Trap will have them by the end of this week, so I'm curious to start hearing some feedback! All models except the RH 8:1 are currently in stock and shipping this week if anyone wants to jump, don't forget "TT10" at check out...

Daiwa Tatula SV @ The Tackle Trap
Thats good news. I was gonna call and find out, but now I dont need to. =D>
<")))><{

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 pm

Gary,

How does the performance compare to an SV103 or Zillion TWS SV? I am curios to know what (in the Zillion) you are getting for the extra $100. Thanks and best wishes on the water!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:47 am

Big-Bass wrote:Gary,

How does the performance compare to an SV103 or Zillion TWS SV? I am curios to know what (in the Zillion) you are getting for the extra $100. Thanks and best wishes on the water!
There are several differences including a free floating spool in the Zillion SV TW, G1 Duralumin SV spool, upper pinion support bearing, I-Shaped knobs. The Tatula SV does not have these features. The SV103 is smoother than either in my hands, but it's discontinued. All three are fantastic reels, refinement and palming differences are there between them.

I've only fished the new Tatula SV a couple times so far, but it's very, very impressive in my hands in terms of performance at it's price point. I haven't tried to test the limits on the light end of the spectrum, but did throw lipless cranks, swim baits, a jig, t-rig, etc. all "normal" sized stuff and it fishes great.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Bronzeback91
Angler
Angler

Post by Bronzeback91 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:30 am

I pre ordered mine and got an email this morning saying it has shipped. I'm going to be using it this weekend and give a review to the best of my abilities on how well it works , I got it for what it is made for: skipping , can't wait to test it out!

Bronzeback91
Angler
Angler

Post by Bronzeback91 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:31 am

I pre ordered mine and got an email this morning saying it has shipped. I'm going to be using it this weekend and give a review to the best of my abilities on how well it works , I got it for what it is made for: skipping , can't wait to test it out!

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:32 am

So...

The Zillion SV TW and the Tatula SV TW will be price pointed correctly then. After reading the TT review on the original "new" Zillion, they mentioned that it was almost identical to the Tatula at the time.

I wonder how the Zillion SV and Tatula SV will color/balance match the new Tatula Signature rods...

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 am

Agree, I saw Zillion SV TW as lower as $150 end of last year otherwise I have no idea how Tatula SV sales.
Big-Bass wrote:So...

The Zillion SV TW and the Tatula SV TW will be price pointed correctly then. After reading the TT review on the original "new" Zillion, they mentioned that it was almost identical to the Tatula at the time.

I wonder how the Zillion SV and Tatula SV will color/balance match the new Tatula Signature rods...
"North" of America...

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:37 am

Got the Tat SV 8.1 in my hands right now. Yall need to get one, its smooooooth.
<")))><{

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:18 am

Glad to see this post. I got to handle a 6.3 a couple of weeks ago and noted how much smoother it felt than a Tat CT that was also in the case at the store. It was the only one they had so I was left wondering if that reel was a fluke or if they did something different to the SV beyond the changes that have been published. I am leaning toward getting one and it will be a 8.1