SLP works Steez SV TV "semi-order" system on PLAT

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

SLP works Steez SV TV "semi-order" system on PLAT

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:25 am

For those of you who are still thinking about a new steez sv tv (as am I). I was looking at PLAT and they have a custom order option for this reel from slp. Sorry if cross posting. One thing that interests me is I think this may be the only way currently to get the deeper sv spool with the 8.1 ratio from the factory, if that's something someone might want. Anyhoo, you can pre customize to order a few things and get slp handle if you like.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: SLP works Steez SV TV "semi-order" system on PLAT

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:52 am

Polkfish1 wrote:For those of you who are still thinking about a new steez sv tv (as am I). I was looking at PLAT and they have a custom order option for this reel from slp. Sorry if cross posting. One thing that interests me is I think this may be the only way currently to get the deeper sv spool with the 8.1 ratio from the factory, if that's something someone might want. Anyhoo, you can pre customize to order a few things and get slp handle if you like.
The 1016 deep spool is not a factory Daiwa spool. It's an Slp works spool. It will be sold / available solo soon. Still only weighs 9 grams too.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks for the clarification. I've been looking around various sites just now trying to figure it out. I like the option.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Damn,wish I could get excited by this slp works offering....but [-(
Happiness is a sore thumb

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Here's a little break down of the various SLP SV spools

http://slp-works.com/item/op_parts/rcsb_sv_s/index.html

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Thu May 11, 2017 12:17 am

How about the 1012 option? I think if I were to order one I would order it with the 1012 and the 90mm carbon handle in 7:1.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:14 am

Big-Bass wrote:How about the 1012 option? I think if I were to order one I would order it with the 1012 and the 90mm carbon handle in 7:1.
Yes. That is the appropriate spool for this reel, however there is little to no performance increase over the stock spool. . . Unlike many other stock SV spools. Unless you are looking to add some color, it's not really worth the money in this platform. Just my opinion.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu May 11, 2017 3:57 am

I always thought Steez SV TW stock spool is identical to SLP Works 1016 G1 spool.
Don't see any difference, looks exactly the same besides SLP name.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:50 pm

So i recently picked up a slp works 1012 sv G1 and have been testing in different steez platforms(steez ltd TN, 105 ltd, tws sv). I intended to use it for finesse applications so my testing has been with 10lb fluoro, 6"6' medium power rod and casting and pitching a 4 inch shad tail worm. Visual differences compared to stock steez tws sv 1016 are larger portings and shorter inductor length. In older steez platforms, it starts fast, acts a bit finicky(alphas sv)and requires more tinkering with brake settings. Once dialed in, it flies. It feels more natural in steez tws sv, zero side to side play(factory setting) and a couple of mag dial turn than with the stock spool, it pitches very easy and casting distance is about the same with the older steez, just feels easier and more confident. It's a fun spool, already thinking about picking up a 1016 version.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:49 am

Cracker wrote:I always thought Steez SV TW stock spool is identical to SLP Works 1016 G1 spool.
Not sure what is the line capacity for Steez SV TW, but the SLP 1016 G1's line capacity is this (14lb - 45 - 90 and
16lb - 40 - 80).

can anyone confirm which is shallower?

WW

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:22 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Here's a little break down of the various SLP SV spools

http://slp-works.com/item/op_parts/rcsb_sv_s/index.html
too many varieties and they are kind of confusing for me :D :D :D

G1 duralumin and Ultra duralumin...Arghhhhh!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,), What next :crying: :crying: :crying:

WW

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 am

Cracker wrote:I always thought Steez SV TW stock spool is identical to SLP Works 1016 G1 spool.
Stock spool weighs 12 grams. Slp version weighs only 9. I also changed my mind. Using the SLP 1012 in my Steez SV TW, I can see an obvious increase in performance, especially with finesse baits. Better distance with same ease and control. The colored Slp 1012 also weighs 12 grams, the G1 1012 weighs only 9. The induct on the colored Slp 1012 is just a slight hair smaller than the stock Steez SV TW 1016. I now use that spool on my Steez SV103. Another perfect pairing as it is not as rest as the stock spool, yet does not get wild until the brake dial hits 3 or lower.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:26 am

4g63power wrote:So i recently picked up a slp works 1012 sv G1 and have been testing in different steez platforms(steez ltd TN, 105 ltd, tws sv). I intended to use it for finesse applications so my testing has been with 10lb fluoro, 6"6' medium power rod and casting and pitching a 4 inch shad tail worm. Visual differences compared to stock steez tws sv 1016 are larger portings and shorter inductor length. In older steez platforms, it starts fast, acts a bit finicky(alphas sv)and requires more tinkering with brake settings. Once dialed in, it flies. It feels more natural in steez tws sv, zero side to side play(factory setting) and a couple of mag dial turn than with the stock spool, it pitches very easy and casting distance is about the same with the older steez, just feels easier and more confident. It's a fun spool, already thinking about picking up a 1016 version.
Good write up, thanks for sharing! I'd also like to try the slp 1016 G1. Was planning on getting either it, or the new ZPI daiwa spool.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:23 am

I also think that zillion sv tws stock spools are very nice, excellent after tuning. And only $70!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 am

And now we have the ZPI NRC001PG spool. Yet another player that all who have tried, rave about. Too many spools and not enough time / money (mostly money) :crying: