Ordering from Plat

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Ordering from Plat

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:51 am

I've hit most the usual suspects, but placed my 1st order with Plat this morning. At least I think I did. I understand they send you a detailed invoice with shipping and handling charges via email after the order is placed. I received an email from them, but I can't make heads or tails of it. It came with a link attached. When I open it I'm back to my original order, and from there I can't do anything. The email does not include shipping expenses. Is this just an order confirmation type email? Will they send me yet another email? How many emails do I need. . .
How long does this process typically take? Much more confusing than any other Jdm retailer I've used. I haven't been charged anything via my PayPal account, so I'm not sure what's happening.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Ordering from Plat

Post by ayo8 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Sensei T.Ogawa will typically send more than one email, up next will be your Paypal invoice, if you haven't already got it.

Dont worry, hes a bit slow with invoices, but rest assured your order will be completed, once he get paid, of course. And be aware, he only ships on Fridays.

If in doubt about anything, just email him.

Have you went to the process of paying it on PayPal? PayPal receipt?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:44 pm

ayo8 wrote:Sensei T.Ogawa will typically send more than one email, up next will be your Paypal invoice, if you haven't already got it.

Dont worry, hes a bit slow with invoices, but rest assured your order will be completed, once he get paid, of course. And be aware, he only ships on Fridays.

I just got the 2nd email. What I ordered is out of stock :crying:

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:14 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
ayo8 wrote:Sensei T.Ogawa will typically send more than one email, up next will be your Paypal invoice, if you haven't already got it.

That sucks.

Is he out of stock indefinitely, or will he have more in the near future?

May I ask, what you tried ordering? Maybe there's another place members will direct you to, to obtain the gear you want.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:17 pm

ayo8 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

That sucks.

May I ask, what you tried ordering? Maybe there's another place members will direct you to to obtain the gear you want.
2 piece 6'10 mh Poison Adrena. He said he may get more late June. Unfortunately, he's the only site that lists them as in stock. EBay has them, but they want at least 100 dollars more.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
ayo8 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

That sucks.

May I ask, what you tried ordering? Maybe there's another place members will direct you to to obtain the gear you want.
2 piece 6'10 mh Poison Adrena. He said he may get more late June. Unfortunately, he's the only site that lists them as in stock. EBay has them, but they want at least 100 dollars more.
I see, you already have a wtb ad in the classifieds. Im sure, something will present itself soon.

GL

Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Strewth » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:23 pm

I have found mr Ogawa very good to deal with, but the ordering process is a little cumbersome and slow (compared with, say, Digitaka). I am sure he would get it for you if tell him you want to place an order. Great site for spare parts.

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:36 pm

Only ships on Fridays? Lol

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:29 am

Strewth wrote:I have found mr Ogawa very good to deal with, but the ordering process is a little cumbersome and slow (compared with, say, Digitaka). I am sure he would get it for you if tell him you want to place an order. Great site for spare parts.
He said there is supposed to be another production run come summer. Aside from that, stock has run dry. Every online retailer is out. A few left on ebay is about it.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:26 am

I liked my experiences when ordering from Plat.

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:38 am

What can I expect to pay for shipping for a 450$ rod 6'11" rod
Poison glorious bfs btw \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:37 am

j2015 wrote:What can I expect to pay for shipping for a 450$ rod 6'11" rod
Poison glorious bfs btw \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
I would estimate $35-60 from previous single rod invoices from him. And if you get hit with duty, expect to pay between $20-35 for $450

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Bummer he was sold out of that one too

I ended up with the 1610m power stroke instead

What's the difference between the 610 bfs ml and 610m rod?
Hopefully just a slight increase in power

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:36 pm

It's not my first choice JDM reel seller because showing in stock might be out of stock... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

The good thing for Plat is you could order Daiwa and Shimano parts.
"North" of America...

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:18 am

I've gotten into the habit of e-mailing some of the Japan shops checking on stock before ordering. I was about to order an Ultima from Plat a few weeks ago, but decided to e-mail them first. Sure enough, they were out of stock until June.