New Evergreen rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Evergreen rods

Post by ayo8 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:51 pm

From the Osaka show 2018 EG rods. Little info on them but theyre looking really nice.

ImageImage

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Jonaang wrote:I got a Grand Cobra RS Limited as well. Pairing with my Zillion Type R. Got to say, this is my favourite combo so far
How do you like your RS?

I havent yet gotten a chance to fish my RS :( I couldnt help myself and also got the Grand Cobra BLK/Aurora couple months ago. Its the double-footed series (all the way up but the tip) to the RS. I guess the RS is the tournament series of the Grand Cobra, both T1100G blanks.

ImageImage

Compared to the RS

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:33 am

Beautiful, thanks for the photos! I know at least for me the second gen Kaliedo Super Stallion wasn't nearly the rod that the first generation was. Hopefully the newest line is much better. My original Super Stallion is a permanent fixture in my collection :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:14 am

bronzefly wrote:Beautiful, thanks for the photos! I know at least for me the second gen Kaliedo Super Stallion wasn't nearly the rod that the first generation was. Hopefully the newest line is much better. My original Super Stallion is a permanent fixture in my collection :D
Thanks Gary. I never had the chance to use the 1st gen super stallion, just the sec gen and i enjoy the rod very much. i might be missing out on something if you believe the 1st gen is better than the 2nd. I think another member up-thread had the same sentiments as you. You know, i dont even want to think about because I dont want to be hunting down that rod, Lol.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:05 am

ayo8 wrote:Thanks Gary. I never had the chance to use the 1st gen super stallion, just the sec gen and i enjoy the rod very much. i might be missing out on something if you believe the 1st gen is better than the 2nd. I think another member up-thread had the same sentiments as you. You know, i dont even want to think about because I dont want to be hunting down that rod, Lol.
Absolutely. Despite the dreaded ACS reel seat, the very first series original Kaleido Super Stallion is one of the finest rods ever built in my opinion. The second generation really didn't have that magical feel to me even though the reel seat choice was much better for me. I wanted it to be as amazing as the original, or better, but it fell short, even though it's an excellent rod without a doubt. I sold the second generation, kept the first. Perhaps the third will regain the magic, keep us posted on how they fish and congrats again on those fantastic acquisitions!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 am

Man those EG rods are sick looking!!!

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:26 pm

What are the places to source EG rods? Plat, Japan Lure Shop???

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:17 am

Tigerbass wrote:What are the places to source EG rods? Plat, Japan Lure Shop???
I got both from a friend in japan that got them for me. I inquired about them from Japan Lure shop early last year around this time, especially for the BlK Grand cobra model (which has been out since mid 2016) and they said they could get it on Evergreens next production run which was march of 2017. But then the RS/GT models came out and diverted my attention to those.

If any place, i would ask japan Lure shop. Plat, and JPangler could possibly get them, too, but they seem to want a bit more on anything, and i find over the years, they tend to be a bit lazy to go out of their way to find rods they typically dont stock, just for you. A lot of times, its the availability and cost is the reason why they dont stock high end EG rods, as I was told by them years ago.

Do expect to pay a premium price for premium EG rods. But you probably already know that.

BTW: i got 3 out of the 7 EG inspire's i have from JLS in the past. I tried getting one EG from Buyee, but that came broken and it was so difficult to reclaim my money from them, even with their standard plan. i would not recommended buying from them unless you're willing to take a risk, and pay their high fee's and double shipping cost.

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 am

Tigerbass wrote:What are the places to source EG rods? Plat, Japan Lure Shop???
Plus Fishing in Italy is another place to buy Evergreen Rods. And if you spend over 300 Euro they will ship it to you for free.
I bought a Deps rod from them and they shipped it to me free.
If you sign up for an account and sign in to their website the prices shown will be lower because they don't include taxes.
https://store.plus-fishing.com/en/
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious