Megbass Faust vs Megabass Nautilus action?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Richieg
Angler
Angler

Megbass Faust vs Megabass Nautilus action?

Post by Richieg » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:56 am

Hi,

I have the Nautilus but am considering the Faust. It's listed as a regular action. I know it has a higher lure rating but wondering if the action is similar to the Nautilus? Megabass actions can be confusing sometimes. Thanks

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megbass Faust vs Megabass Nautilus action?

Post by Cristo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Good question I'm sure some of these fine fellows here would be able to answer I myself have a nautilus but do not have a Faust.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:34 am

The taper or action of the Nautilus is noticeably faster than that of the Faust. I'd consider the Nautilus a fast/moderate fast in the Megabass rod world, which of course is one all it's own. The Faust is a very powerful rod capable of doing a lot of things nicely due to it's deeper flex, though it takes a fair amount of force to get the flex going being an F8 rod. It's a great frog rod, handles larger moving baits well, can handle flipping/punching duties nicely, I've even fished big football jigs in deep water with the Faust. If you decide to jump on one, I'll be happy to get you one with full warranty through MOA should anything happen. Megabass F8-73X Faust @ The Tackle Trap
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Richieg
Angler
Angler

Post by Richieg » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:45 am

Hi,

Thanks for all the info on the Megabass rods. If I get one, I will be sure to check out your store. Just had Brian fix one of my reels at your shop. Thanks.

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:05 am

Edit, nevermind. Faust is F8.