Daiwa sol td tw sv

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
BuzzB8
Angler
Angler

Daiwa sol td tw sv

Post by BuzzB8 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Talked to Brian today at Tackle Trap about this reel and it wont be released here.Anyone know where i could order this reel from.I know there in Australia but cant find one doing online search.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa sol td tw sv

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Australian market reels from Daiwa Australia are typically only released and available in Australia. You may get lucky on eBay, but doubtful. For the price you'd end up paying for one, purchase a Zillion or Tatula and have it custom painted. It would likely look better too.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:52 pm

Cross your fingers and watch ebay.

BuzzB8
Angler
Angler

Post by BuzzB8 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Well in that case then i may send a Zillion 100sha inshore to Brian and have him rework the reel as close to a type r as he can and repaint the side plates cobalt blue.Should make for a good looking reel and be a good workhorse.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:08 pm

BuzzB8 wrote:Well in that case then i may send a Zillion 100sha inshore to Brian and have him rework the reel as close to a type r as he can and repaint the side plates cobalt blue.Should make for a good looking reel and be a good workhorse.
Bryan knows just the guy for the job too. Decade works. I have my Steez SV TW with him as we speak!

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:38 am

Otto's Tackle World and motackle.com.au are two good Australia websites to check out.
[url=http://www.yakangler.com][img]http://www.yakangler.com/images/stories/banners/YakAngler_Sunrise.png[/img][/url]

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:04 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
BuzzB8 wrote:Well in that case then i may send a Zillion 100sha inshore to Brian and have him rework the reel as close to a type r as he can and repaint the side plates cobalt blue.Should make for a good looking reel and be a good workhorse.
Bryan knows just the guy for the job too. Decade works. I have my Steez SV TW with him as we speak!
There is a guy Shane who is pretty kick ass. SCreels on IG.
<")))><{

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:21 am

We have been using Shane exclusively through The Tackle Trap. He has done an outstanding job for us. I just spoke with Shane and he is currently a few weeks out. I've sent 2 in the last week to him. Feel free to email me st

Tackletrapreelrepair@gmail.com

We've got a good deal worked out on a paint and tune.

-Bryan
The Tackle Trap

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:19 pm

I've seen Decade Works first hand and they do a fine job. I had quite a few done by Calfish years back when he painted and he did quality work. After seeing what I've seen, on my next custom, Shane will be doing the painting, and Bryan at The Tackle Trap will be doing the disassembly, cleaning, shipping to and from Shane, tuning, and reassembly. It's a simple, one stop process with myriad options for aftermarket parts, spools, bearings, handles, and just about anything you'd want all in one spot. Decisions, decisions... :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Can't wait to get mine back from Shane and Bryan. Should be completed soon. Should turn some heads too :shock:

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:24 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Can't wait to get mine back from Shane and Bryan. Should be completed soon. Should turn some heads too :shock:
Pics, or it didnt happen. :lol:
<")))><{