Shattered my P3 Bearing Down

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Shattered my P3 Bearing Down

Post by j2015 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:36 pm

I was putting some cork grips on a Mb Lauda mounted on a phase 3 bearing down...the rod fell over and slapped against the wood floor, the tip shattered and the rod is about an inch and a half shorter, such a sad day :(

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shattered my P3 Bearing Down

Post by bronzefly » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:12 pm

That's painful for sure, sorry for your loss!!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:28 pm

super chitty!! Hope you are able to find a replacement bradda! Thought I saw a couple for sale recently?

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Ouch. My condolences, man. Hope you can find a new one!

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:05 pm

So sorry man. Check the bbc boards too. It seems like a lot of great rods were posted in recent months and some definitely made it there and not here and vice versa. I don't remember where I saw some of them anymore. There definitely was a P3 bearing down somewhere. P3 was/is a great set of sticks; hope you find one soon or a worthy replacement.

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks guys, keep your babies safe, its painful

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:24 am

How dare you put your baby on the table without strapping him down!
Might just need to report this post to Rod Services.

P.S. sorry for your loss!
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:38 am

:crying: Sorry for the unfortunate mishap.

Every time i work on my reels it comes off the rod. Just say'n.

Dont feel too bad. I was vacuuming near my rod stand a few years ago and braid got caught on the 12amp roller. That extra braid laying on the floor was connected to one of my new MB c40's. The white python didn't stand a chance, LOl. I was fortunate my local MB store (The hookup tackle) helped me get it replaced - being still in production at the time.

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:33 am

ayo8 wrote::crying: Sorry for the unfortunate mishap.

Dont feel too bad. I was vacuuming near my rod stand a few years ago and braid got caught on the 12amp roller. That extra braid laying on the floor was connected to one of my new MB c40's. The white python didn't stand a chance, LOl. I was fortunate my local MB store (The hookup tackle) helped me get it replaced - being still in production at the time.
Did they replace it on warranty, or did you have to just bite the bullet and but another one?

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
That really illustrates the dangers of housework!

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Wow. That's one heluva way for a rod to go. Death by vacuum cleaner.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm

j2015 wrote:

Did they replace it on warranty, or did you have to just bite the bullet and but another one?
it was replaced under warranty. I would have took the loss and bought me another Wht Python if I didn't have warranty.

is there any other MB rod you're interested in to replace your P3 BD? Or do you want to get another one?

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:43 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Thanks for the heads up.
That really illustrates the dangers of housework!
LowRange wrote: Wow. That's one heluva way for a rod to go. Death by vacuum cleaner.
Yeah, stupid me ](*,)

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:10 am

ayo8 wrote:
j2015 wrote:

it was replaced under warranty. I would have took the loss and bought me another Wht Python if I didn't have warranty.

is there any other MB rod you're interested in to replace your P3 BD? Or do you want to get another one?
I am open to suggestions, the bearing down was a great light jig rod but I felt the tip was just slightly stiff. I might look into getting the stinger tip version.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 am

j2015 wrote:
I am open to suggestions, the bearing down was a great light jig rod but I felt the tip was just slightly stiff. I might look into getting the stinger tip version.
Personally, I like ex fast tips when jig and worming, except for drop shot's - which I like a slightly softer tip.

I really enjoy my BD X7 stinger for finesse jig and worming; it would be a great replacement, and or the X7 super elsiel. Thats if you prefer Mb rods, but Im sure there's plenty of other great rods to fit your application.