Shattered my P3 Bearing Down

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shattered my P3 Bearing Down

Post by j2015 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:12 am

yeah, Im looking for a MB rod to put the Lauda back on.
Might go with a new model..the FMJ sounds promising

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:45 am

I have all 3 of those rods. FMJ is 1 power stronger. Phase 3 and X7 BD are so different it shouldn't even share the same name. All great rods.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 am

j2015 wrote:yeah, Im looking for a MB rod to put the Lauda back on.
\

Might want to see if GW/Tackle Trap can get one for you.

I bought a few Super Leggera's from him months ago and he has stellar service. And Im sure he got's you covered if something were to happen to your new rod in the future.
Last edited by ayo8 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:27 am

Bass1980 wrote:I have all 3 of those rods. FMJ is 1 power stronger. Phase 3 and X7 BD are so different it shouldn't even share the same name. All great rods.
Wow, well then you might be Just the man to ask!
My primary jig rod is an nrx 893, I used the Bearing Down for pitching jigs and plastics up on the bank and sometimes into light cover (1/4oz-1/2oz), I really liked its length and weight.
What makes the the x7 and p3 so different? What are your thoughts on the FMJ, how does the action compare to the p3?

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:31 am

ayo8 wrote:
j2015 wrote:yeah, Im looking for a MB rod to put the Lauda back on.
\

Might want to see if GW/Takle Trap can get one for you.

i bought a few super leggera's from him months ago and he has stellar service. And Im sure he got's you covered if something would to happen to your new rod in the future.
Right, I am beginning to appreciate the peace of mind of a warranty! ](*,)
Last edited by j2015 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Bass1980 wrote:I have all 3 of those rods. FMJ is 1 power stronger. Phase 3 and X7 BD are so different it shouldn't even share the same name. All great rods.
Well stated and accurate in my opinion.
j2015 wrote:
Right, I am beginning to appreciate the peach of mind of a warranty! ](*,)
:lol: If you guys only knew how many times people try to get non-warranty items through the "official process" when they should have just paid a bit more and actually had proper service and warranty when issues arise...

If I can be of any assistance with Megabass rods, feel free to PM. The Tackle Trap has an excellent relationship with Megabass and takes excellent care of our customers.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:14 pm

bronzefly wrote:
j2015 wrote:Right, I am beginning to appreciate the peach of mind of a warranty! ](*,)
:lol: If you guys only knew how many times people try to get non-warranty items through the "official process" when they should have just paid a bit more and actually had proper service and warranty when issues arise...

If I can be of any assistance with Megabass rods, feel free to PM. The Tackle Trap has an excellent relationship with Megabass and takes excellent care of our customers.
It's why I'm always willing to pay a little more if I need to to go through The Tackle Trap rather than buying a rod from one of the Japan retailers.

DanD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DanD » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm

I've bought several Megabass rods thru Gary and unfortunately, broken a few. Between Gary and Megabass USA, the warranty process was not only painless, but actually enjoyable and I received replacements much faster than I would have expected. Phenomenal folks to deal with!

theo
Angler
Angler

Post by theo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Definitely recommend the FMJ, you could fish with that stick all day and not get sick of it...

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:39 am

theo wrote:Definitely recommend the FMJ, you could fish with that stick all day and not get sick of it...

I have not been able to handle the FMJ yet, I am torn between the FMJ and Daemos.
My goal is to get something with a similar power/length to the p3 Bearing down, but with a slightly softer tip.

theo
Angler
Angler

Post by theo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:39 am

I guess also part of the determination would be, do you throw fluoro or braid when you fish this light cover !/4 to 1/2oz. as you mention?

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:31 pm

j2015 wrote:
theo wrote:Definitely recommend the FMJ, you could fish with that stick all day and not get sick of it...

I have not been able to handle the FMJ yet, I am torn between the FMJ and Daemos.
My goal is to get something with a similar power/length to the p3 Bearing down, but with a slightly softer tip.

That rod would be the Daemos. It's F5 power like the Bearing Down but with a softer tip. I use mine for 1/4 - 3/8 Texas rig rage craws or Dbombs. I like softer tips for Texas rig versus stout jig rods.

It also weighs 4.3oz so feels amazing.

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:49 pm

theo wrote:I guess also part of the determination would be, do you throw fluoro or braid when you fish this light cover !/4 to 1/2oz. as you mention?

The lakes rivers I fish here in Chicago area are usually deep and sometimes very clear. Cover is light submerged weed beds on mud or gravel. So I don't go very heavy, I prefer 30lb smackdown braid with a 12 - 14lb fluoro leader

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Bass1980 wrote:
j2015 wrote:

That rod would be the Daemos. It's F5 power like the Bearing Down but with a softer tip. I use mine for 1/4 - 3/8 Texas rig rage craws or Dbombs. I like softer tips for Texas rig versus stout jig rods.

Thank you!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:32 am

Bass1980 wrote:
j2015 wrote:

I agree. The entire 2017 US Destroyer Series is impressive, but the Daemos is much closer to the P3 BD than the FMJ. The FMJ is hard to put down if you like fishing a jig or bottom contact. The Daemos is fantastic for lighter jigs and T-rigs, but I've been using mine to throw full sized Vixens lately and it handles them nicely. It's a very versatile rod.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap