AUDM Tackle Reviews

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Draethe84
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

AUDM Tackle Reviews

Post by Draethe84 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Hey guys,
I have noticed a few threads lately about Australian tackle, specifically reels, and was wondering would people like to see reviews of these said reels on an AUDM review thread? Living in Australia and working at a tackle distribution company it would be easy for me to do so.

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: AUDM Tackle Reviews

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Of course... =D>

I suspect mods wouldn't mind given this IS a review/brag/strut site. I've been curious myself, though always believing same thing different name type thing. I can only speak for myself here, but I'd love to read it. And the baits. Don't forget the baits.
PEACE

y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by y2k88 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:03 pm

There's certainly a lot of cosmetic options from daiwa in Australia for the fishing fashionistas.
Similar reels, different colour.

Not really much from the Shimano stable specifically for the Australian market. Just the same global models.

Rods and lures could be interesting as some are uniquely Australian.

Draethe84
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Draethe84 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:59 pm

I have suspected som people would want to see some lures and rods, there are some killer rods made for Australian fishing that would well apply to Largies and Smallies. Our bass ar very similar to smallmouth in size (weight and length) and mouth size, different body shape but not too different. Are there any specific things people are wanting to see a review of? I was seeing some heat on the new Sol reels and some of the silverwolf casting reel.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:35 am

Our techniques are totally different... And our bass are caught on rods rated 2-4 / 3-6 kg and we can use 6 - 10 lb and light leaders, 1000 / 2500 size spin and smaller nimbler baitcaster reels.

Every US based vid i see guys chasing their bass is like how us Aussies set ourselves up chasing Jacks, Barra or Black Bass up in PNG ;)

Were loads different especially technique and line class difference.

Draethe84
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Draethe84 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:52 am

Yeah I've noticed when fishing for largies the idea is to lock the drag down and rip em in the boat whereas in Australia we use 6lb braid with an up to 14lb leader and let the fish run. But the reels and tackle department are not too different it's just the way people use it.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:35 pm

Draethe84 wrote:Hey guys,
I have noticed a few threads lately about Australian tackle, specifically reels, and was wondering would people like to see reviews of these said reels on an AUDM review thread? Living in Australia and working at a tackle distribution company it would be easy for me to do so.
I'd like this. I for example have some very basic questions. For example, is the new sol baitcaster a zillion variant or a tat variant? Is there a non-audm equivalent of the new sol spinner?

Draethe84
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Draethe84 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Draethe84 wrote:Hey guys,
I'd like this. I for example have some very basic questions. For example, is the new sol baitcaster a zillion variant or a tat variant? Is there a non-audm equivalent of the new sol spinner?
The Sol SV TW is a Zillion Variant... but it feels much smoother and more refined, similar to the Steez A TW. The Sol Spinning reel is just like all the LT reels but it is the top of the range LT reel. It has more bearings than the others, is minimally lighter, has magseal in more spots for saltwater guys and is as smooth as a certate. Both sol reels come in at around $500 AUD. The casting reels come with spools and accents on the tension, mag dial, handle nut and knobs according to the given ratios. I can review both of these if wanted. They are solid reels.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:34 am

Sol BC reel was recently available for much less than that, on sale.

Draethe84
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Draethe84 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:54 pm

Sore Thumb wrote:Sol BC reel was recently available for much less than that, on sale.
They can be had for less but they retail for $499

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:37 am

Draethe84, who do you work for? What can you access? TIA