Daiwa Exist 18

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Exist 18

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:30 pm

You guys are full of it, I know you all own a KastKing Speed Demon Baitcasting Reel
- World's Fastest Baitcaster - 9.3:1 Gear Ratio

:big grin:

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:35 am

https://www.digitaka.com/list.php?categ ... +%28New%29

Pre-orders for the exits are up on digitaka, the difference between the Daiwa quoted price and the pre-order price isn’t nearly the same as the previous exist, despite the msrp being about 10k yen less, the digitaka price is slightly more than the previous exist..I’m a little disappointed in that. Perhaps they will lower the price, perhaps not, but at damn near 600 I would likely get a Stella instead.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:52 pm

https://daiwafishing.com.au/products/18exist/

austailian site has the exist page up, magnesium frame is cool, comparison between spool sizes of the "old daiwa" and the lt concept, too.

still loving the looks of this reel, just not sure i want to pony up $600!

hengsss
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by hengsss » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Anyone knows whether 2015 Exist spool can fit into 18 Exist? Seems like the drag knob diameter is bigger than the models up to year 2017 of the same reel size compared.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Check out the link to the adm site. With the spool size difference, does not seem likely.

mitchct
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mitchct » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:24 pm

hengsss wrote:Anyone knows whether 2015 Exist spool can fit into 18 Exist? Seems like the drag knob diameter is bigger than the models up to year 2017 of the same reel size compared.
Jun Sonoda's report from the Yokohama show says the spools are not compatible.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Let's hope we see something great for US anglers this time too :D I love my little 2003 F-H with the X7 Parry Arc, but am excited about checking out the new one...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:17 am

Got a new Exist in the mail yesterday and played around with it, mounting it on several rods to get a feel for it. All I can say is WOW :shock: :big grin: Super impressed so far, and from my initial playing around I have to say this thing is going to be impressive on the water. I am going to spool it up with some braid and see how it performs and will provide updates.

I love the reverse/anti-reverse switch, this is a big improvement over the previous generation and feels very solid. And the smoothness/refinement is something I have never felt before in a spinning reel - unreal.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:48 am

jpmoney wrote:Got a new Exist in the mail yesterday and played around with it, mounting it on several rods to get a feel for it. All I can say is WOW :shock: :big grin: Super impressed so far, and from my initial playing around I have to say this thing is going to be impressive on the water. I am going to spool it up with some braid and see how it performs and will provide updates.

I love the reverse/anti-reverse switch, this is a big improvement over the previous generation and feels very solid. And the smoothness/refinement is something I have never felt before in a spinning reel - unreal.

Which size did you get? I'm trying real hard not give in and get one that might fit between a '15 1025 and a '15 2510...

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:23 am

Winstondry wrote:
jpmoney wrote:Got a new Exist in the mail yesterday and played around with it, mounting it on several rods to get a feel for it. All I can say is WOW :shock: :big grin: Super impressed so far, and from my initial playing around I have to say this thing is going to be impressive on the water. I am going to spool it up with some braid and see how it performs and will provide updates.

Which size did you get? I'm trying real hard not give in and get one that might fit between a '15 1025 and a '15 2510...
I got the JDM 3000S-CXH. It's not quite as large in body size as the old 3000 model, and the spool is definitely smaller in diameter(The new 3000 spool has a 48mm dia.).

It's got a great feel and I find that the rotor is more balanced than before. It also appears that the bail wire, around the line roller was updated/improved. Again, super super impressed. Now i just need to find some time to get on the water.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:32 am

Thanks JP!

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:40 pm

Sweet reel, let us know what you think once you fish it.

JrodTX
Angler
Angler

Post by JrodTX » Mon May 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Winstondry wrote:

I have the FC 2500S-CHX on its way, just hit left the first round of customs in LA. I'll post pics, I only have my Stella 1000 with me to compare sizes. It's definitely interesting on paper, weighs less than my FJ, excited to see how it balances on 6-7' L and UL rods.

casterus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by casterus » Sat May 12, 2018 10:55 am

Hey jpmoney . Did you fish with your Exist already?
How does it perform? Thinking Exist or Stella for my new CNQ 902s.
Adam

JrodTX
Angler
Angler

Post by JrodTX » Mon May 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Stella FJ 1000 vs FC LT2500S-CXH