Daiwa Exist 18

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Daiwa Exist 18

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:00 pm

Seen a new Exist coming this year, looks pretty sweet.

That is all I know at this time

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Exist 18

Post by Canga- » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:46 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdtk8QUDPf-/?r=mg1

http://www.daiwa.com/global/ja/60years/exist/

these were posted on breammaster forums recently. reel looks different than any daiwa i have seen, looks good!

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Check out daiwa hp
Next time, 2018.1.11 update
http://www.daiwa.com/global/ja/60years/exist/
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:28 pm

That’s a good looking reel. It has some color similarities to my Ignis Type R’s. A few of the lines look like the Stella.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 pm

I heard through the grape vine Monocoque is going to be standard (heard this last january)
Good to see more of it.

And in just a few more years trickle down into the 100$ price point.

I want to know if they brought worm gear oscillation back :)

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:12 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:I heard through the grape vine Monocoque is going to be standard (heard this last january)
Good to see more of it.

What exactly do spinning reels use (ones that don't use WGosc.) for movement? I know I have seen many breakdowns, including yours, just can't picture where the two types differ...

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:21 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:I heard through the grape vine Monocoque is going to be standard (heard this last january)
Good to see more of it.

What exactly do spinning reels use (ones that don't use WGosc.) for movement? I know I have seen many breakdowns, including yours, just can't picture where the two types differ...
The only spinners that use Wgearosc outside the shimano ultegra and up. Are daiwa long cast reels (and some other long cast reels) ((and daiwas ss whisker

They use a cam driven system that usually runs off of a spur on the axel of the main gear shaft.

It's not a big deal. But awhile back cam oscillation systems left sort of a humpy line lay patern. And some systems were a true 1:1 ratio (oscillation to handle turn) which left an hourglass pattern.
Which is where daiwa and shimano really made a difference back in the day (daiwa used to use worm gears too )
Daiwa's line lay using the non worm gear is very good. And the same can be said about other reels nowadays....BUt it's something that makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I buy a high priced gear....knowig at least I'm getting 6 more parts for the money paid :)

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:26 am

New info up on the daiwa site listed above, damn good looking reel for sure, and it seems to be cheaper than the last version (around 10k yen, based on the catalog price listed on digitaka for the 15 vs the msrp on the daiwa site for the 18) which might be the best news I have seen so far! If this reel in a 2500s-c (which seems to be a 2506 with a 2000 body?) at 160grams is around the 450 range, I’ll have to get one!

I was about to order a Shimano exscense c3000m but now I’m going to wait and see what the exist comes in at on the Japanese sites.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:17 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Good to see more of it.

The only spinners that use Wgearosc outside the shimano ultegra and up. Are daiwa long cast reels (and some other long cast reels) ((and daiwas ss whisker

They use a cam driven system that usually runs off of a spur on the axel of the main gear shaft.

It's not a big deal. But awhile back cam oscillation systems left sort of a humpy line lay patern. And some systems were a true 1:1 ratio (oscillation to handle turn) which left an hourglass pattern.
Which is where daiwa and shimano really made a difference back in the day (daiwa used to use worm gears too )
Daiwa's line lay using the non worm gear is very good. And the same can be said about other reels nowadays....BUt it's something that makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I buy a high priced gear....knowig at least I'm getting 6 more parts for the money paid :)

So does the Stradic FK and new Ci4+FB use worm gear oscillation? I own a Ci4+ FA and am considering getting the 2016 version to replace a Revo spinning reel, especially if your reviews of the LT reels are sub-stellar...

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 am

Canga- wrote:New info up on the daiwa site listed above, damn good looking reel for sure, and it seems to be cheaper than the last version (around 10k yen, based on the catalog price listed on digitaka for the 15 vs the msrp on the daiwa site for the 18) which might be the best news I have seen so far! If this reel in a 2500s-c (which seems to be a 2506 with a 2000 body?) at 160grams is around the 450 range, I’ll have to get one!.
x2 I will be picking one up also :big grin:

I just got the Exsence and 17 steez and both are amazing....why not one more

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 pm

I have a 15 Exist and it's the cat's meow. I can't imagine that they can make many more improvements to perfection, curious to hear feedback from others once they've had a chance to handle the 18 version.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:31 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Good to see more of it.

So does the Stradic FK and new Ci4+FB use worm gear oscillation? I own a Ci4+ FA and am considering getting the 2016 version to replace a Revo spinning reel, especially if your reviews of the LT reels are sub-stellar...
Yes.
Tatula, ballistic lt do not. but they do lay and manage line very well.

I put some time on the tatula lt.....Very nice reel. I put that up against the Stradic ci4+
The ballistic is just one that offers some splash resistance.

One thing nice about the ballistic. GEAR RATIO OPTIONS!!!
My big gripe against the stella...I hate fast spinners for fw. Lots of guys just drop shot with spinners...SO a super fast reel is good for getting line back to the boat.
But if you twitch jerk baits for trout or just plug in general with it. SLower is in my opinion better.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Good to see more of it.

Yes.

I put some time on the tatula lt.....Very nice reel. I put that up against the Stradic ci4+

My big gripe against the stella...I hate fast spinners for fw. Lots of guys just drop shot with spinners...SO a super fast reel is good for getting line back to the boat.
But if you twitch jerk baits for trout or just plug in general with it. SLower is in my opinion better.

There's a difference for me, I like a spinning reel fast, but not mega fast. The new Stradic Ci4 FB is pushing it for me, I really prefer around 31 inches per turn or 32 max. 35 I will make work, their gears are tough and handle it fine (new Ci4 Stradic). But I'm considering a 1000 size Stradic FK for the slightly slower speed and smaller profile. I asked a while back and never got an answer (made a thread), is there some issue with the Stradic FK/Ci4+FB lime roller bearing??? Seen a few posts a while back...

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:58 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:

Yes.

There's a difference for me, I like a spinning reel fast, but not mega fast. The new Stradic Ci4 FB is pushing it for me, I really prefer around 31 inches per turn or 32 max. 35 I will make work, their gears are tough and handle it fine (new Ci4 Stradic). But I'm considering a 1000 size Stradic FK for the slightly slower speed and smaller profile. I asked a while back and never got an answer (made a thread), is there some issue with the Stradic FK/Ci4+FB lime roller bearing??? Seen a few posts a while back...
I think it's one part not really serviceable. And if it corrodes ya gotta buy the whole unit. I can't remember 100% though.
PM aquaholik i think he mentioned when i brought up sealing it or corrected me a year or two ago.

My issue is I tend to focus on so many things when I'm working baits. I find it tough to slow down enough with speedy reels. If i was a go pro head cam watch me fish youtuber. I'd have people puking after watching me As I'm always scanning the water, or listening. I find my catch rates go up with a slower reel. Which is partly why everythingi buy now is in the 6:1 ish ratio (just like it was 20 years ago :)
It's that or I'm just to accustomed to lower gear ratio reels...that over the past 6 years of higher speed reels I can't adjust.

What's odd....Everyone in the northeast preferes slow reels....While I find it easier to slow down a fast reel....Go friggin figure ...lmao..

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:14 pm

I did just change my Zillion TWS 9.1 to 7.3 gears, so much smoother and more torque now. I liked the 9 speed for flipping under 3/8, but it felt heavy flipping a 1/2 jig or TX rig. Also (that reel is on a 7'6" MH Villain 2.0) when reeling a 4.8 Keitech it felt way to stressed for a big strong reel. The 7.3 gears did the trick though.

I get what you mean with spinners though to a point. Just like I really want to get a new Stradic Ci4+FB or Stradic FK, but might get the 1000 for the slightly lower IPT. I think the 2500's bring in like 35 IPT which is hauling butt.