Megabass Valkyrie Rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Cristo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Megabass Valkyrie Rods

Postby Cristo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:29 am

Thanks for all the intel on your particular rod choice Goldie! She sounds to be definitely a winner! Gives me something to look forward to 8-)
"I don't keep track of time, otherwise time will keep track of you" .....Cambo

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby goldrod » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 am

Cristo wrote:Thanks for all the intel on your particular rod choice Goldie! She sounds to be definitely a winner! Gives me something to look forward to 8-)

I won't lie to you, since I've gotten this rod, I've been standing on my mouse not to buy another just yet.
I thoroughly enjoy the rod. I was waiting for both my ZPI spools but the post office is thorough enjoying torturing me by sending them everywhere but to my house and updating me with the tracking.
Catch fish not feelings!!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby goldrod » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:25 am

The 7’6” heavy just arrived.
It really seem to make a long weeks work seem ok.

My initial take on the stick is it’s beefy but not heavy.
I just put a Steez Ltd on it with 20lb floro and a 3/8oz divine swim jig just to get a couple
Cast out. When I unpacked the rod ( which was only half as hard due to the inadequate packaging)
And got it out, I immediately coould discern between it and the 7’1” heavy I have.
I’m not sure on this model how much of a difference the handle extension makes but
I’ve got both of my TDZ type R with zpi m and pg spools paired with deep throat custom and shallow
Fast moving special. Off to water land I go.
Catch fish not feelings!!

Polkfish1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Polkfish1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:48 pm

goldrod wrote:The 7’6” heavy just arrived.
It really seem to make a long weeks work seem ok.

My initial take on the stick is it’s beefy but not heavy.
I just put a Steez Ltd on it with 20lb floro and a 3/8oz divine swim jig just to get a couple
Cast out. When I unpacked the rod ( which was only half as hard due to the inadequate packaging)
And got it out, I immediately coould discern between it and the 7’1” heavy I have.
I’m not sure on this model how much of a difference the handle extension makes but
I’ve got both of my TDZ type R with zpi m and pg spools paired with deep throat custom and shallow
Fast moving special. Off to water land I go.

You have my attention...

Return to “Enthusiast & Import Tackle”