Megabass Phase 3 F6-69X Super Destroyer

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Ovidiu-Andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Megabass Phase 3 F6-69X Super Destroyer

Post by Ovidiu-Andrei » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:59 am

Hi guys,

Can you help me and tell me some words about the Megabass Phase 3 F6-69X Super Destroyer?!?

https://www.megabass.co.jp/site/products/f6-69x/

I want to.know if its somehow a versatile rod...gliders, spinnerbaits...?!?

Does anybody know how many rings does it have and what is the length of the handle? Especially the rear-grip?

Tks

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Megabass Phase 3 F6-69X Super Destroyer

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:01 pm

From Google translate

F 6 - 69 X
Megabass / FRESHWATER / BASS ROD DESTROYER 
Price
Manufacturer's suggested retail price (excluding tax) 47,080 yen

POWER PLAYING ROD Experience the high power weight ratio.

Main Specification

Length 6'9 "
Weight 117 g
Sub name SUPER DESTROYER
Lure capa 1 / 4-1.1 / 4 oz.
Line capa 12-25 lb.

Overwhelming light feeling surpassing the super destreyers of the succession and wonderful Ultra High Tension, high torque of deep suddenly overflowing to bend. The success of Super Destroyer has supported Yuki Itoh 's super fast Tachion hook set. Ito gathered up the latest Super Destroyer with a thorough battle-oriented spec that further enhanced the bombing power of Jig & Texas. Challenging heavyweight monsters with ultralight blanks, the different high power weight ratio will change the cover game and deep contact from the root. In the original Destroyer, it is a very peeky flagship model.
Technology

Tech 1
Tech 2
Tech 3
Tech 4
Tech 5
Ultrahigh elasticity · High rigidity · Ultra lightweight "6 Axis Core Inplex · High Impact Graphite Shaft"

In order to raise the power and rigidity of the rod, we had to pressurize the carbon prepreg and tolerate weight increase. However, NEW Destroyer is challenging a new construction method based on the latest multiaxial manufacturing method probability with Orochi X4. High density elasticity graphite which boasts the highest modulus of elasticity 46T (ton) to the shaft core, and it is high density impress. We tightened it with "2 axes" high elongation micro carbon fiber (XX manufacturing method) and produced "rigid ultra thin wall, high elasticity and high strength blank" with high rigidity. This high elasticity thin wall effect increases the vibration transmission rate of the rod and exerts overwhelming high sensitivity characteristics. From there lay layered the tough by "4 axes · high elastic carbon fiber" extending from "vertical" · "side" · "diagonal" direction. Increase the collapse strength of the rod, strengthen the rigidity of the screw thoroughly. It gives overwhelming power without increasing the thickness of the blanks. By the process so far, the shaft structure of total "6 axes" is constructed. In addition, Blanks is the final process, with the latest micro pitch taping method using original materials, the whole shaft is overlapped in the transverse direction and heat treated. We provide fine power assist. So NEW Blanks also demonstrates high durability that dramatically increases the service life, superior high elasticity performance lasts for a long time. It is user-conscious NEW technology that can be overworked for a long time.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:12 pm

I hit submit too fast. It's an F6 rod, so I use it for heavier applications. I use it for under spins and spinner baits with trailers up to one ounce. For me it's a bit too stout personally to be an all around versatile rod, but I use it frequently. Handles <3lb fish easily. I'm putting my girls to bed right now, so can't measure the handle. I my hands it feels just right in terms of balance.

Ovidiu-Andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ovidiu-Andrei » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:33 pm

Tks for your thoughts...

I really want to know how many guides does it have? 9 + tip...total of 10? And also the length of the handle (especially the rear grip) as I said before...

I understand that is Fast and stiff but from my experience with the MB Phase 3 rods they have a nice band of the taper and I think that it would work good with spinnerbaits and gliders/sliders (Salmo Slider) for pikes.

Tks

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Rear grip 27 cm; 9 guides total.

Ovidiu-Andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ovidiu-Andrei » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:37 pm

I saw casting rods of 7 ' with 12 guides...custom made.
I think that this rod might had 10 guides at least...
You think that are enough 9 guides?

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 am

I have it paired always with an OG zillion variant of some sort usually. This morning I had a type R. I can cast as far as I need with baits in it's recommend range and above its range. I'm using it current in grass and shallow flats on a mix of pre, spawning, and post bass on a lake that gets little pressure. Think it would make a fine pike rod. Better option than the beating down you recently picked up for moving baits, in my opinion. I don't think you will miss the additional guides, but it's very likely that you know things that I don't. Why, may I ask, are you so particular about your rear handle length and having 10 plus guides? This might help me.

Regarding the super destroyer, I was concerned that it was shorter than what I usually fish. I like longer rods because I often bank fish and need long casts. Turns out I really don't miss the length when fishing it and it really comes in handy when I'm hoping onto neighbors docks and my own in the dark that have various covered walk ways, etc. Easier to manage hooks sets without slamming my rod tip into the docks. Also a nice length rod for kayak fishing.

Ovidiu-Andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ovidiu-Andrei » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:48 am

Ok. I see.
Check your private messages. I wrote you o small request there.
Tks and I'm waiting :)

Ovidiu-Andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ovidiu-Andrei » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:28 am

The Bearing X is more suitable for jigs and light spoons for zander and pike. The soft tip allows me to load well the blank for good casts. I had also no problems yet in casting and moving baits like jerbaits minnows 10-12 cm and 12-18 gr and sliders (Salmo Slider)...but its excels in bottom jigs techniques...I agree...

The Phase 2 69X is more suitable for biger and heavier lures for pike... I want to use it with big spinnerbaits, big crancks, heavy spoons, swimbaits...

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:03 pm

I agree. I have yet to try to phase 2. Check your email.

Ovidiu-Andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ovidiu-Andrei » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Thank you.
Will see how it works.
Check your email again :)
What reel are you using on the F6?

Ovidiu-Andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ovidiu-Andrei » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:47 am

My F6 SD just arrived. Its a beauty for moving baits for pike...gliders, spinners, spinnerbaits...and also for heavy jigs in deep rivers for zander. =D>