Megabass Rhodium reel?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Rhodium reel?

Post by LowRange » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:40 pm

If I want $300 Tatula I'll buy a "Zillion" TWS SV but I don't want a $300 Tatula.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Looks to me like the inductor matches the stock Tatula SV too. Would have been cool to see MB upgrade the inductor along with the slight extra porting to the spool. I am not sure that is even possible, but it sure seems plausible if the spool is sized the same as 1016 variants. I know the gear side of the spool is quite different with the long shaft style pinion support and the lack of a bearing, but it seems like the brake inductor should work.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Pains me to say it but I feel like other than the monoblocks their latest offerings are "meh" especially with their rehashed Zonda/alphas offerings and in my opinion this abomination. With that being said I don't think it's necessarily the platforms that bugs me it's the fact that I think they could really zing up existing platforms with performance as well as aesthetic but in my opinion of course have been falling short. With that being said I still love megabass :big grin:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Also not to spank Megabass too bad maybe the reasoning is they just like to have different offerings at different price levels, but in any case :laugh1:

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:08 pm

I wonder if Daiwa factors in limiting what MB can do. I've been waiting for an IS version of the steez sv tv. Perhaps D does not want the baicasting flagship outdone too early in its lifetime? I won't be able to wait much longer.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:30 pm

Good question yeah there's got to be something up as some stuff just doesn't make sense, but again doesn't necessarily have to make sense to all of us. I would like to see like ZPI or SLP Works crossover and hook up a Megabass reel or something cool. I mean at this point I would think Yuki could have carte blanche do what he wants :-k Gancraft and Deps seem to be interconnected, I could be wrong there but they don't seem to add a whole lot of tuning or pizzazz when they release Daiwa like reels IMHO. I mean if you take away all the mumbo jumbo and marketing that is. I think they need to do more limited releases like Daiwa was doing for aehile with the TDz platz and just do it up I mean why not? the more the merrier :big grin: especially with coveted reels like the IS series or also they would keep their exclusivity if they did just limited releases and did the reels up proper, of course this is all my humble opinion. Although I suppose megabass more or less has done this marketing model? I suppose it's all in the eye of the viewer? I don't own a company what do I know :lol: :lol: :lol:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:49 pm

I want to see new MB round reels made from the new Ryoga. I want my Megabass reels to be machined and anodized masterpieces.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:26 pm

https://jdmtackleheaven.com/products/rhodium

First Pre-Order I have seen for anyone interested.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:50 am

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:26 am

The only nice thing about this reel is the star drag. Everything else shouldn't be over $150.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:06 am

They took too long to get this reel out...there's already a new frame.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 pm

LowRange wrote:I want to see new MB round reels made from the new Ryoga. I want my Megabass reels to be machined and anodized masterpieces.
X2 :)

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:28 am

To bring this thread back, did anyone ever get one of these?
<")))><{

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:54 am

I was on the verge of buying one, then found a Tat SLP (purped). At around $60 less with more bearings, more carbon, more bling it was a no brainer. This reel was obviously a big fail on MB's part.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:51 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:I was on the verge of buying one, then found a Tat SLP (purped). At around $60 less with more bearings, more carbon, more bling it was a no brainer. This reel was obviously a big fail on MB's part.
OK. But you are comparing the Tat to a reel that has 34mm free floating spool capabilities, that right there is worth the extra $$$
<")))><{