Megabass Rhodium reel?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Megabass Rhodium reel?

Post by y2k88 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 am

Came across this in my travels... don't have any details.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Rhodium reel?

Post by Cristo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:08 am

Was wondering when their T wing/steez would come out. :roll:

Ovidiu-Andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ovidiu-Andrei » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:16 am

I searched also but I couldnt find anything about this reel. MB all the way \:D/

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:02 am

Saw it on MB facebook page, no info.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:20 am

Ito engineering Tatula.

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:11 am

Interesting that they went with the Zillion/Tatula CT frame instead of the Steez.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:43 am

COMING whack if it is based if a Tat. But I never fished them so who knows but I am not interested keepem for those who like them. I dont even lime it on a Steez. They throw T wings on everything. Barf.......thing Looks like a VAG. Of course this is just my HO :lol: :lol:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Cristo wrote:COMING whack if it is based if a Tat. But I never fished them so who knows but I am not interested keepem for those who like them. I dont even lime it on a Steez. They throw T wings on everything. Barf.......thing Looks like a VAG. Of course this is just my HO :lol: :lol:
I bought 2 of the Zillion SV TW reels, love them, but... They aren't super refined. For the jump from $120 range Tatula's I wish they would include the Steez SV TW sideplate where brake dial doesn't stick out. Gears are rock solid but the thumb bar on one wiggles a lot... Pretty basic stuff and I only paid about $230 each brand new, just wish maybe there was some SV103 variant with a G1 spool and lighter or a new Pixy or SV105 replacement. I don't hate the T-wing, just kinda... you get it...

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:53 pm

no disrespect of course. I just never got aboard the T wing craze. I love new technology but that didn't suck me in like most things. It is like the extra brake management dial on the later model Shimano reels. That is more of a waste of time and money IMHO. I may come around but pretty set in my reel choices and they don't include those bells and whistles. Of course like all things to each their own. Heck I still haven't gotten into anything Steez as I still can't stand the logo. How weird am I :lol: :lol: I am probably missing out :big grin:

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Would like to see a Lin based on the new Ryoga. Come on Yuki.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Cristo wrote: Heck I still haven't gotten into anything Steez as I still can't stand the logo. How weird am I :lol: :lol: I am probably missing out :big grin:
Don't feel bad, I think that like 90% of the megabass reels look like they took their visual inspirations from awful 80's graphic art. The lin series is the only one I really like the looks of.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:11 pm

The Twing is a non factor for me. I neither like or dislike it. It would be interesting to have two reels identical in all respects except one with it and one without. For me that is the only way to tell if it really does any good.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:10 am

timinmo wrote:The Twing is a non factor for me. I neither like or dislike it. It would be interesting to have two reels identical in all respects except one with it and one without. For me that is the only way to tell if it really does any good.
Tatula/Fuego?

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:32 pm

I know, or at least think I know, the frames are the same but that does not speak to other parts or difference in number of bearings. Hope the people on here that know more than me, which would be most, will comment.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Cristo wrote:no disrespect of course. I just never got aboard the T wing craze. I love new technology but that didn't suck me in like most things. It is like the extra brake management dial on the later model Shimano reels. That is more of a waste of time and money IMHO. I may come around but pretty set in my reel choices and they don't include those bells and whistles. Of course like all things to each their own. Heck I still haven't gotten into anything Steez as I still can't stand the logo. How weird am I :lol: :lol: I am probably missing out :big grin:
I'm with ya on T-wing. I only tested the first gen though, so maybe newer gens are better? But that line jumping out of it, I couldn't abide.

Dunno if anyone noticed but Daiwa made a SIC line guide for the 2018 ryoga(I suggested that here last year, maybe Daiwa reads TT :big grin:), perhaps that tech will trickle into future reels & be an alternative to T-wing. Larger line guides using slicker materials could be the future(maybe in the future line guides will use torzite!).

As for this reel.... first thought was 'meh', but... that ito cutout thumbrest is slick, and the color(s), while seemingly unexciting, will probably look pretty sharp.
It fits the name:
Rhodium is a chemical element with symbol Rh and atomic number 45. It is a rare, silvery-white, hard, corrosion-resistant and chemically inert transition metal. It is a noble metal and a member of the platinum group.