Authentic Megabass Reels

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
stark2113
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Authentic Megabass Reels

Post by stark2113 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:07 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking to get my first Megabass Reel and It seems I'm a little late to the party getting them new from trustworthy retailers lol my concern is authenticity, especially from places like eBay where I see 1 seller that has multiple rare reels and their shipping from Malaysia. I have my eye on an IP68L Dragon from the buyee Japan auction site and just a little worried about fake reels. Has this ever been a problem for anyone else?

Cali
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Authentic Megabass Reels

Post by Cali » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:10 pm

I had heard that the Dragon reels were being faked, but that was on ebay. I was wondering about repainted reels but couldn't find anything.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:18 pm

Never had a problem buying from JPAngler, Digitaka or Japan Lureshop. As far eBay, check out the seller’s feedback. Shimreels and highspeed are legit sellers.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Never been a problem for me. i have a few dragon reels and they look authentic in every way. If I thought for a second they weren't, PayPal or my bank card would be refunding me my money - its simple as that. Nobody can be 100% certain if their Megabass reels are authentic, unless they were there during the manufacturing process and took it off the line. I wouldnt worry too much about fake Megabass reels; chances of getting one are slim to none. I have not yet seen one replica nor have i heard of anyone having bought one.

Id be wary if a seller has 100 avail when only 50 were made, LOl

stark2113
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by stark2113 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:35 pm

ayo8 wrote:Never been a problem for me. i have a few dragon reels and they look authentic in every way. If I thought for a second they weren't, PayPal or my bank card would be refunding me my money - its simple as that. Nobody can be 100% certain if their Megabass reels are authentic, unless they were there during the manufacturing process and took it off the line. I wouldnt worry too much about fake Megabass reels; chances of getting one are slim to none. I have not yet seen one replica nor have i heard of anyone having bought one.

Id be wary if a seller has 100 avail when only 50 were made, LOl
Haha yeah that would definitely send up red flags. The his should put my mind at ease a bit.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Never had a problem from Malaysian distributors.