My new favorite jdm YouTube channel

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

My new favorite jdm YouTube channel

Post by spookybaits » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 am

Check out this YouTube channel- at first glance, it looks like every other jdm 'lure news' channel, showcasing lures.
But, oh contraire!
Click on a video, and it's that lure being worked in an aquarium, on just about every possible rigging option imaginable! And he's rigging em up right, no quick snap bs. The amount of time it takes to do that is crazy.
This guy definitely deserves more follows & likes! =D>

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsULzD ... chZ8B4XsaQ

*i have no affiliation with this guy, just sharing the love :big grin:
Last edited by spookybaits on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New favorite jdm YouTube channel

Post by spookybaits » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:32 am

Check out the zoom swamp crawler on a neko rig :shock: :shock: :shock:

So sick.

@3:47 https://youtu.be/LzszbOO1Pec

drewlesch
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by drewlesch » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:36 pm

spookybaits wrote:Check out the zoom swamp crawler on a neko rig :shock: :shock: :shock:

So sick.

2018 pre-season checklist:
+Neko Rigged swamp crawler

hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: My new favorite jdm YouTube channel

Post by hotdogin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Pretty cool videos! Great to see the lures action in an up close and clear picture for once. It would be pretty cool if he could add a pump to create a current in the tank in order to see how lures such as the Easy Shaker would react.
just hotdogin it

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:13 pm

drewlesch wrote:
spookybaits wrote:Check out the zoom swamp crawler on a neko rig :shock: :shock: :shock:

So sick.

2018 pre-season checklist:
+Neko Rigged swamp crawler
Right?!

Dude, check out the jackal clone frog video, rigged Texas style. Looks like the deadliest bed bait I've ever seen. I don't know how good the hookup ratio would be, but... with that frog hovering about 6" above the bottom nose down, diving then slowly floating up, it looks incredible. I can't imagine ANY bed fish putting up with that.

This channel is gold. If I was a tournament fisherman I'd be studying these videos like college finals. So much new stuff American bass have never seen.

Cressy
Angler
Angler

Post by Cressy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:50 pm

This is AWESOME! I’ve been watching all of the videos non stop since I saw your post!
Btw quick question does anyone know where I can find those Daiwa Baits? Really interested in those!

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:20 pm

Cressy wrote:This is AWESOME! I’ve been watching all of the videos non stop since I saw your post!
Btw quick question does anyone know where I can find those Daiwa Baits? Really interested in those!
Nice! Most likely the usual jdm sources will be your best bet. Try Plat, ichiban tackle, samurai tackle, Japan lure shop, yahoo Japan auctions, jpangler, tacklejp, global rakuten. Also, you can message them to ask if they can get em for ya, a lot are happy to help.
You can also ask some of the bigger Japanese lure sellers on eBay if they can find em for ya and sell em to you on eBay. For most of them it just means a trip to their local fishing stores, and they'll just tack on a few bucks.

Cressy
Angler
Angler

Post by Cressy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 am

spookybaits wrote:
Cressy wrote:This is AWESOME! I’ve been watching all of the videos non stop since I saw your post!
Nice! Most likely the usual jdm sources will be your best bet. Try Plat, ichiban tackle, samurai tackle, Japan lure shop, yahoo Japan auctions, jpangler, tacklejp, global rakuten. Also, you can message them to ask if they can get em for ya, a lot are happy to help.
You can also ask some of the bigger Japanese lure sellers on eBay if they can find em for ya and sell em to you on eBay. For most of them it just means a trip to their local fishing stores, and they'll just tack on a few bucks.
Perfect, Thanks spooky I appreciate that!