Evoluzion super diablo

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4362
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by bronzefly » Wed May 30, 2018 12:06 pm

Bass1980 wrote:Evo Super Diablo is very nice looking. Are the blanks the same as the C40? Better?
It's my understanding that this blank has been updated and is an upgrade to the original C40. I have examples of the previous two generations in my collection that I've fished quite a bit. Time will tell, but they are incredible looking indeed...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by Bass1980 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:52 am

papabassin wrote:
Bass1980 wrote:Evo Super Diablo is very nice looking. Are the blanks the same as the C40? Better?
This is the million dollar question!

It's actually only a $650 question lol

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by domthewon » Thu May 31, 2018 7:42 pm

This rod is a tuning fork. It has the real "IT" that the megabass rods of old have. It feels very much like my original Diablo seems like it's the XTI/ XFTI rod that was never released and blends in to that series very well. It can do anything , and do it well. A 9lber on a chatterbait. I caught 5, but snagged 2 other fish because i could feel them swimming around my texas rig. Walks diamantes, and other topwater well. Underspins, spinnerbait, buzz bait, lighter jigs 1/2 oz and under plus trailer work well. I could read the bottom so well even in heavy current. It's impressive. I love it.
IMG_4576.JPG
IMG_4576.JPG (84.34 KiB) Viewed 947 times

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by jpmoney » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:51 am

domthewon wrote:This rod is a tuning fork. It has the real "IT" that the megabass rods of old have. It feels very much like my original Diablo seems like it's the XTI/ XFTI rod that was never released and blends in to that series very well. It can do anything , and do it well. A 9lber on a chatterbait. I caught 5, but snagged 2 other fish because i could feel them swimming around my texas rig. Walks diamantes, and other topwater well. Underspins, spinnerbait, buzz bait, lighter jigs 1/2 oz and under plus trailer work well. I could read the bottom so well even in heavy current. It's impressive. I love it.

IMG_4576.JPG
Sick combo! Is that the 6-8" diablo or the 7-2" type L? Very very nice.... =D>

majayyer
Angler
Angler
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:21 am

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by majayyer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Used mine on a couple trips already. Perfect for 3/8 swimbaits and light texas rigged.
Image

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by domthewon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:32 pm

jpmoney wrote:
domthewon wrote:This rod is a tuning fork. It has the real "IT" that the megabass rods of old have. It feels very much like my original Diablo seems like it's the XTI/ XFTI rod that was never released and blends in to that series very well. It can do anything , and do it well. A 9lber on a chatterbait. I caught 5, but snagged 2 other fish because i could feel them swimming around my texas rig. Walks diamantes, and other topwater well. Underspins, spinnerbait, buzz bait, lighter jigs 1/2 oz and under plus trailer work well. I could read the bottom so well even in heavy current. It's impressive. I love it.

IMG_4576.JPG
Sick combo! Is that the 6-8" diablo or the 7-2" type L? Very very nice.... =D>
Thanks, and sorry for the long delay in response. Yes, It's a diablo type L. I have an original Diablo and most of the other XFTi rods. i like this one as much or more than the others due to length and action. It is a great all around rod. Most would consider it better for moving baits, but the sensitivity on it I can't help but wanna drag and bounce the bottom with it. None of the modern megabass rods feel similar in my opinion, or feel as alive. This is a throwback to what got me hooked on megabass rods many years ago now, and I'm happy they made this rod. The action and taper may not be for everyone, but it's what I was expecting and hoped for when ordering it. It has a similar taper to the orochi XX diablo spec R and X7 diablo fast-move. It's slightly stronger than the spec r, but is not as strong as the fast-move. It is also slightly faster than the original diablo.
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG (33.5 KiB) Viewed 858 times

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 688
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 6:43 am
Location: Northeast Ohio

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by hungry_cow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:39 am

Have been able to use my Diablo Type L a bit now. Goes perfect in looks and palming with my red TDZ Personal order!

Reminds me of the RCS Jabberwock if you made it longer and a power heavier. Perfect rod for single hook moving baits like spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, chatterbaits, etc. Seems to be more on the moderate end of most moderate fast Megabass rods. A little less powerful than you might expect for an F 5.5 to me it feels a half power less than the f5 Nautilus or Javelin, possibly do to a little more moderate taper.

It does have excellent sensitivity as well and while the taper is more ideal for moving baits it also works well for texas rigs or lighter jigs in the 3/8 oz range. But it feels a bit underpowered for heavier jigs. Also works great for topwaters and well for big crankbaits with its more moderate taper.

Excellent do everything rod that may be the ultimate single hook moving bait rod.

User avatar
Cristo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1320
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:13 am
Location: The Dusty Basin

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by Cristo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Sounds like a winner of a rod congratulations to all that received one =D>
"I don't keep track of time, otherwise time will keep track of you" .....Cambo

User avatar
evilcatfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by evilcatfish » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:18 am

Now that TTT has these back in stock I'm finding myself seriously tempted. For you folks that got them, are you still satisfied or do you wish you'd went a different direction? This would be the most expensive non custom rod I've ever purchased.

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by bassm1n » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:37 am

Happy with mine. I bought both the 6’8 and 7’2. For the uses mentioned earlier in this thread it isa great rod and the best looking MB rodI have seen. I just purchased the 666 version as it is a bit more what I wanted for dock fishing and I am selling the 68 in classifieds if you are interested at a big discount

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 688
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 6:43 am
Location: Northeast Ohio

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by hungry_cow » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:37 pm

Agree that it is the best looking rod I have ever seen, very comfortable to fish also. But with more use I personally found it not as versatile as other rods like the Nautilus or Javelin. While it is super sensative it is for me a little to slow of an action and soft to get good hooksets with flourocarbin on jig or worm fishing. It is excellent for single hook moving baits like spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, or buzzbaits as well as big crankbaits but if you also want to use frequently for jigs and bottom contact I think there are better options.

Polkfish1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:01 am

hungry_cow wrote:Agree that it is the best looking rod I have ever seen, very comfortable to fish also. But with more use I personally found it not as versatile as other rods like the Nautilus or Javelin. While it is super sensative it is for me a little to slow of an action and soft to get good hooksets with flourocarbin on jig or worm fishing. It is excellent for single hook moving baits like spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, or buzzbaits as well as big crankbaits but if you also want to use frequently for jigs and bottom contact I think there are better options.
X2; excellent description of the rod. Can easy distinguish bottom types with it and bites between different species are jarringly different. But, the taper is not best suited for bottom contact for me either, especially when I'm tuned into mag type tapers. It takes me a few bites to get used to it if I've been fishing a cq 904 or something similar on the bottom. Also, I often fish grass lakes, and it does not have the taper to work a lure through grass. So, I find myself wanting to fish it more than I do. But, not meant to dissuade. The tip can be thought of as initially fast and then progressive, but it's soft. It's fun to fish and I particularly enjoy how it casts. I've recently spent more time taking a couple rods out with me at a time rather than having a full boat deck's worth at my disposal. Also, I fish horizontally in shallow water with spooky fish. I need long cast, but I also need to be able to work baits though a lot of variable slop. Depending on how and where you fish, this could limit use of this rod.

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by domthewon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:32 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
hungry_cow wrote:Agree that it is the best looking rod I have ever seen, very comfortable to fish also. But with more use I personally found it not as versatile as other rods like the Nautilus or Javelin. While it is super sensative it is for me a little to slow of an action and soft to get good hooksets with flourocarbin on jig or worm fishing. It is excellent for single hook moving baits like spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, or buzzbaits as well as big crankbaits but if you also want to use frequently for jigs and bottom contact I think there are better options.
X2; excellent description of the rod. Can easy distinguish bottom types with it and bites between different species are jarringly different. But, the taper is not best suited for bottom contact for me either, especially when I'm tuned into mag type tapers. It takes me a few bites to get used to it if I've been fishing a cq 904 or something similar on the bottom. Also, I often fish grass lakes, and it does not have the taper to work a lure through grass. So, I find myself wanting to fish it more than I do. But, not meant to dissuade. The tip can be thought of as initially fast and then progressive, but it's soft. It's fun to fish and I particularly enjoy how it casts. I've recently spent more time taking a couple rods out with me at a time rather than having a full boat deck's worth at my disposal. Also, I fish horizontally in shallow water with spooky fish. I need long cast, but I also need to be able to work baits though a lot of variable slop. Depending on how and where you fish, this could limit use of this rod.
Agree with both these guys. Definitely not a primary bottom contact rod, but I can read the bottom as good as good or better than any rod I own. Single hook moving baits are the best lures to throw on it. I have also had fun with some top water action w/ trebles. I have since put mine on the rack to look purty. I am now fishing and loving my conquests even more than my poison ultimas or most of my Megabass rods at the moment.

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by j2015 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:14 am

domthewon wrote:This rod is a tuning fork. It has the real "IT" that the megabass rods of old have. It feels very much like my original Diablo seems like it's the XTI/ XFTI rod that was never released and blends in to that series very well. It can do anything , and do it well. A 9lber on a chatterbait. I caught 5, but snagged 2 other fish because i could feel them swimming around my texas rig. Walks diamantes, and other topwater well. Underspins, spinnerbait, buzz bait, lighter jigs 1/2 oz and under plus trailer work well. I could read the bottom so well even in heavy current. It's impressive. I love it.

IMG_4576.JPG

That combo is beautiful Wow! =D> =D> =D>

Polkfish1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:21 pm

domthewon wrote:
Polkfish1 wrote:
hungry_cow wrote:Agree that it is the best looking rod I have ever seen, very comfortable to fish also. But with more use I personally found it not as versatile as other rods like the Nautilus or Javelin. While it is super sensative it is for me a little to slow of an action and soft to get good hooksets with flourocarbin on jig or worm fishing. It is excellent for single hook moving baits like spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, or buzzbaits as well as big crankbaits but if you also want to use frequently for jigs and bottom contact I think there are better options.
X2; excellent description of the rod. Can easy distinguish bottom types with it and bites between different species are jarringly different. But, the taper is not best suited for bottom contact for me either, especially when I'm tuned into mag type tapers. It takes me a few bites to get used to it if I've been fishing a cq 904 or something similar on the bottom. Also, I often fish grass lakes, and it does not have the taper to work a lure through grass. So, I find myself wanting to fish it more than I do. But, not meant to dissuade. The tip can be thought of as initially fast and then progressive, but it's soft. It's fun to fish and I particularly enjoy how it casts. I've recently spent more time taking a couple rods out with me at a time rather than having a full boat deck's worth at my disposal. Also, I fish horizontally in shallow water with spooky fish. I need long cast, but I also need to be able to work baits though a lot of variable slop. Depending on how and where you fish, this could limit use of this rod.
Agree with both these guys. Definitely not a primary bottom contact rod, but I can read the bottom as good as good or better than any rod I own. Single hook moving baits are the best lures to throw on it. I have also had fun with some top water action w/ trebles. I have since put mine on the rack to look purty. I am now fishing and loving my conquests even more than my poison ultimas or most of my Megabass rods at the moment.
Yeah; the conquest has had a massive effect on my fishing also. I can’t be in the water without the 904c. And then, I can’t seem to put it down. I’ve done a bit of a personal rod “tour” the past two years and the conquest just stands out. But, very happy to own the diablo type l nonetheless. It has a place; beautiful rod and wicked sensitive.

Post Reply