Evoluzion super diablo

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Evoluzion super diablo

Post by domthewon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:01 pm

j2015 wrote:
domthewon wrote:This rod is a tuning fork. It has the real "IT" that the megabass rods of old have. It feels very much like my original Diablo seems like it's the XTI/ XFTI rod that was never released and blends in to that series very well. It can do anything , and do it well. A 9lber on a chatterbait. I caught 5, but snagged 2 other fish because i could feel them swimming around my texas rig. Walks diamantes, and other topwater well. Underspins, spinnerbait, buzz bait, lighter jigs 1/2 oz and under plus trailer work well. I could read the bottom so well even in heavy current. It's impressive. I love it.

IMG_4576.JPG

That combo is beautiful Wow! =D> =D> =D>
Right on buddy! One of my favorites.
Dom

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:53 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
domthewon wrote:
Polkfish1 wrote:
hungry_cow wrote:Agree that it is the best looking rod I have ever seen, very comfortable to fish also. But with more use I personally found it not as versatile as other rods like the Nautilus or Javelin. While it is super sensative it is for me a little to slow of an action and soft to get good hooksets with flourocarbin on jig or worm fishing. It is excellent for single hook moving baits like spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, or buzzbaits as well as big crankbaits but if you also want to use frequently for jigs and bottom contact I think there are better options.
X2; excellent description of the rod. Can easy distinguish bottom types with it and bites between different species are jarringly different. But, the taper is not best suited for bottom contact for me either, especially when I'm tuned into mag type tapers. It takes me a few bites to get used to it if I've been fishing a cq 904 or something similar on the bottom. Also, I often fish grass lakes, and it does not have the taper to work a lure through grass. So, I find myself wanting to fish it more than I do. But, not meant to dissuade. The tip can be thought of as initially fast and then progressive, but it's soft. It's fun to fish and I particularly enjoy how it casts. I've recently spent more time taking a couple rods out with me at a time rather than having a full boat deck's worth at my disposal. Also, I fish horizontally in shallow water with spooky fish. I need long cast, but I also need to be able to work baits though a lot of variable slop. Depending on how and where you fish, this could limit use of this rod.
Agree with both these guys. Definitely not a primary bottom contact rod, but I can read the bottom as good as good or better than any rod I own. Single hook moving baits are the best lures to throw on it. I have also had fun with some top water action w/ trebles. I have since put mine on the rack to look purty. I am now fishing and loving my conquests even more than my poison ultimas or most of my Megabass rods at the moment.
Yeah; the conquest has had a massive effect on my fishing also. I can’t be in the water without the 904c. And then, I can’t seem to put it down. I’ve done a bit of a personal rod “tour” the past two years and the conquest just stands out. But, very happy to own the diablo type l nonetheless. It has a place; beautiful rod and wicked sensitive.
904 and 844 are by far my favorites. I have the 903, 843, and 842c as well. I mix in a NRX, poison ultima, or megabass rod or 2 a go have a good time. I'm glad someone else likes them as much as me.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:56 am

Thanks for all the great feedback guys, I love hearing all the different opinions. Think I'm going to hold off for now though