Alphas air stream custom

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Post Reply
KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Alphas air stream custom

Post by KP Duty » Tue May 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Just popped up for pre-order at digitaka.

https://www.digitaka.com/item.php?item=184960652137102

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 6187
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Where does it say pre order? Anyone know the spool diameter?

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by KP Duty » Tue May 22, 2018 1:47 pm

It says pre-order above the 'add to cart' under availability. Spool is a 31mn g1 duraluminum fixed inducer 'trout tuned' job. Holds 40m of 6lb line.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by Dalleinf » Tue May 22, 2018 1:54 pm

KP Duty wrote:It says pre-order above the 'add to cart' under availability. Spool is a 31mn g1 duraluminum fixed inducer 'trout tuned' job. Holds 40m of 6lb line.
Nice. Reel and spool sure does look sweet...

User avatar
spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 pm
Location: In the belly of a shark

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by spookybaits » Tue May 22, 2018 6:13 pm

I want one!

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 8:51 am
Location: The other west coast - SW, MI

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by Schlag » Wed May 23, 2018 8:37 am

I inquired to Digitaka, the other day, and got them to add it to the pre-order and/or got them to fix the pre-order link. :D

I can't wait to get it in!

http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/re ... index.html

User avatar
spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 pm
Location: In the belly of a shark

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by spookybaits » Thu May 24, 2018 7:18 am

Actual pics in this thread (only place I've seen it)- https://sdfish.com/forums/t/new-2018-da ... it.166043/

Looks more like an older curado green in person, vs the matte army green look in that digitka pic. Would probably be a perfect match on a legend elite blank

User avatar
Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1648
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu May 24, 2018 7:59 am

spookybaits wrote:Actual pics in this thread (only place I've seen it)- https://sdfish.com/forums/t/new-2018-da ... it.166043/

Looks more like an older curado green in person, vs the matte army green look in that digitka pic. Would probably be a perfect match on a legend elite blank
T'would 8-)


I want one for the Pagani AIR BAMBOO F1-63PB POPX STICK, but am not sure now due to the line capacity...most of my fishing is off of our dock, and I make long casts.

User avatar
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by LowRange » Thu May 24, 2018 12:36 pm

spookybaits wrote:Actual pics in this thread (only place I've seen it)- https://sdfish.com/forums/t/new-2018-da ... it.166043/

Looks more like an older curado green in person, vs the matte army green look in that digitka pic. Would probably be a perfect match on a legend elite blank
Dat link :evil22:

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by smalliesteve » Thu May 24, 2018 4:06 pm

KP Duty wrote:Just popped up for pre-order at digitaka.

https://www.digitaka.com/item.php?item=184960652137102
Thanks man! Just ordered one. Monkey's been whispering in my ear on this guy ever since I saw pics last winter. :D

Know what else uses a 31mm spool....pixy! The Daiwa link states that the spool is not compatible with other items, but I bet that only applies to current production.

User avatar
spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 pm
Location: In the belly of a shark

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by spookybaits » Fri May 25, 2018 11:08 am

smalliesteve wrote:
KP Duty wrote:Just popped up for pre-order at digitaka.

https://www.digitaka.com/item.php?item=184960652137102
Thanks man! Just ordered one. Monkey's been whispering in my ear on this guy ever since I saw pics last winter. :D

Know what else uses a 31mm spool....pixy! The Daiwa link states that the spool is not compatible with other items, but I bet that only applies to current production.
Good catch! And congrats on getting this reel! Share some pics when ya get it

radu_andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by radu_andrei » Fri May 25, 2018 11:15 am

Does anyone know how much the spool weighs ?

mod squad
Angler
Angler
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:55 am

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by mod squad » Fri May 25, 2018 11:58 am

Hope it's released in lefty soon

User avatar
Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1648
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri May 25, 2018 12:25 pm

mod squad wrote:Hope it's released in lefty soon
https://www.digitaka.com/item.php?item=184960652137119

8-)

mod squad
Angler
Angler
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:55 am

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by mod squad » Wed May 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Thanks GP for the heads up. I just preordered

Post Reply