Alphas air stream custom

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Alphas air stream custom

Post by Sore Thumb » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:37 am

Bkinsman wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:00 pm
found a Aldebaren BFS XG brand new in the box on locally for $290 AUD so will start with that (not a bad first BFS reel if you ask me) only concern is the 8:1 gear ratio. Can't find much info online about modding this (only a post about an older model that a guy modded), is it possible?
For what I want this for its not like I'm gonna be cranking a lure in from 50m way so might just need to work it a bit more delicately..
The faster ratio will most likely help in trout fishing. You will want to retrieve your lure fast enough, with the current, to make the lure work effectively. The small low ratio spin reels often used are usually wound quite quickly to achieve the same result. Work out your approximate inch per handle rotation and see what speed you need.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:17 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:59 am
Dalleinf wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:34 pm
It may be of interest to some: The Pixy Ize spool fits my Alphas Air Stream Custom, but the DIY spool did not.
Have you used the Pixy i'ze spool in the air stream custom?

If so did it perform the same as in a Pixy?

Thanks
Only briefly and it performed nicely as in my PX68: good control overall and stable casting with good handling of light lures when using the right rod. Distance is also good.. I do prefer the ASC standard spool for the very low weight stuff.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Im getting a ASC and I want to use it on a rod that I currently have a px68L on. If I like it I may let the px68 go but keep the extra i'ze spool I have just in case.

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:41 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 am
Dalleinf wrote:
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Dalleinf wrote:
It may be of interest to some: The Pixy Ize spool fits my Alphas Air Stream Custom, but the DIY spool did not.

Thanks
Only briefly and it performed nicely as in my PX68: good control overall and stable casting with good handling of light lures when using the right rod. Distance is also good.. I do prefer the ASC standard spool for the very low weight stuff.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Im getting a ASC and I want to use it on a rod that I currently have a px68L on. If I like it I may let the px68 go but keep the extra i'ze spool I have just in case.
Hello Chris I think I'm the guy your buying your ASC from. You should get it today I think and I'm sure you will love it.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:14 am

Edward78 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:41 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Dalleinf wrote:
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Dalleinf wrote:

Thanks
Hello Chris I think I'm the guy your buying your ASC from. You should get it today I think and I'm sure you will love it.
Yep that's me. Can't wait to get it. Hopefully I'll get to use it this weekend. I thought this might have been your screen name on tt. I think you were selling a alphas ct I was interested in a while ago. How did you like that reel? (I have too many alphas).

Anyway thanks for the fast shipping

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:25 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:14 am
Edward78 wrote:
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Dalleinf wrote:
chrisg_sdcf wrote:

Thanks
Yep that's me. Can't wait to get it. Hopefully I'll get to use it this weekend. I thought this might have been your screen name on tt. I think you were selling a alphas ct I was interested in a while ago. How did you like that reel? (I have too many alphas).

I liked it a lot and the Alphas is my favorite Daiwa frame. For overall fishing the original SV is a better caster but the CT is more finesse and cast the light baits better of course.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Edward78 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:25 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Edward78 wrote:
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Dalleinf wrote:

I liked it a lot and the Alphas is my favorite Daiwa frame. For overall fishing the original SV is a better caster but the CT is more finesse and cast the light baits better of course.
Got the airstream today. Can my wait to try it out. I think it's going to look just fine on the finetail rod with a few red accent parts.

Thanks again

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:53 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:57 pm
Edward78 wrote:
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Edward78 wrote:
chrisg_sdcf wrote:

Got the airstream today. Can my wait to try it out. I think it's going to look just fine on the finetail rod with a few red accent parts.

Thanks again
Glad it made it there safe and in a reasonable time, I will miss that reel the most out of all the reels I have sold lately. It was a great creek reel and I caught a few biguns on it this year. I just really needed to cut down on my fishing gear 😢

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:32 am

Edward78 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:53 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:57 pm
Edward78 wrote:
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Edward78 wrote:

Thanks again
Glad it made it there safe and in a reasonable time, I will miss that reel the most out of all the reels I have sold lately. It was a great creek reel and I caught a few biguns on it this year. I just really needed to cut down on my fishing gear 😢
Me too but I can't stop myself from buying. I think I want an alphas air 7.2l as well and then I can be done buying and sell off the stuff I don't want.

Anyway thanks again

fishless
Angler
Angler

Post by fishless » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:28 pm

Any idea if Megabass Zonda Bait finesse spool can fit into ASC or any other daiwa reels besides Zonda?

MisterQ
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MisterQ » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:28 am

fishless wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:28 pm
Any idea if Megabass Zonda Bait finesse spool can fit into ASC or any other daiwa reels besides Zonda?
No.
Zonda BFS Spool fits only:
Alphas old classic version (grey Type F, purple saltwater version, orange Sol platform, Alphas Type R and Alphas Finesse Custom)
The Alphas Ito is perfect.
New Alphas SV version is ok too.

Zonda BFS spool doesn't fit
Alphas ASC (despite the name, it's a Pixy platform and accepts Pixy spool)
Alphas Air, Alphas CT SV

If you've an Alphas ASC, you can swap the ASC spool with every Pixy spool you can find (except the SPR) and the orange Presso spool
A TD-Z is forever

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:26 pm

The Zonda BFS spool also fits the Alphas Finesse Custom(33mm spool size). The Alphas Air Stream Custom is an Alphas variant in that it is an aluminum frame and shares almost every identical part as the other Alphas variants, but a unicorn in that the spool is 31mm like the Pixy platform, as Mister Q mentioned.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:21 am

MisterQ wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:28 am
fishless wrote:
No.
Alphas old classic version (grey Type F, purple saltwater version, orange Sol platform, Alphas Type R and Alphas Finesse Custom)

Alphas Air, Alphas CT SV

If you've an Alphas ASC, you can swap the ASC spool with every Pixy spool you can find (except the SPR) and the orange Presso spool
Does the alphas Ito have different magnets than the alphas sv?

fishless
Angler
Angler

Post by fishless » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:46 am

Thanks guys!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:54 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:21 am
MisterQ wrote:
fishless wrote:
No.

Alphas Air, Alphas CT SV

Pretty sure the magnets are the same. I have swapped spools between those 2 reels and the performance was virtually identical between the 2.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:29 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:54 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:21 am
MisterQ wrote:
fishless wrote:
No.

Alphas Air, Alphas CT SV

Pretty sure the magnets are the same. I have swapped spools between those 2 reels and the performance was virtually identical between the 2.
Thanks. I was just curious why the alphas Ito would be "perfect" or better than any of the others.