SV Light Limited

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: SV Light Limited

Post by LowRange » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:55 pm

ccass wrote:
LowRange wrote:
E73Bass wrote:
LowRange wrote::clown:

60 times (2 years) per month on TT of Running your mouth vs my 13 times (13 years) per month.

I hear your type at Weigh Ins every weekend...Run along young'un...
13 years of being the most hated user on TT. Wow. Do us all a favor and piss off for a few years again. We really don't want you around.
You guys could also trash talk through PM or exchange phone numbers. I'd hate for either one of you guys to recieve TT action for arguing way off topic. I understand there may have been an inappropriate post but, feeding into the madness doesn't help and only fuels people to keep doing so.
You give him too much credit. He is the most hated user on the forums. To be quite frank we all thought he was banned and gone for good in 2016. I don't know if he was suspended and came back or what but we are perplexed as to why he us back and attacking users agian. Join the PM discussion for more info.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:07 am

On topic: I'd love to get one of these reels, they look classy!

Off topic: the ignore user feature works like a charm...

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:32 pm

I have purchased one on the Plat summer sale, just waiting for it to arrive, according to the Tracking it hasn't left Japan yet and was posted Tuesday, Maybe the Typhoon that hit Japan is holding things up. Got some cool bling ready for it as well.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:08 pm

IMHO, these are some of the sickest looking reels ever bone stock. If John Connor had to fight off a T-800 with a rod and reel combo, this is the reel he'd choose. :big grin: It's the reel Kylo Ren would mount on his Lightsaber during his downtime on Endor. :-c I love the SS front plate, and with the matte black? Sheeeeeit... Plus, it's comfortable when twitching baits. I don't know. It's all completely subjective and I'm biased, I guess, but I never liked the look of the Steez front plate on any of these reels. Frankly, I think it's garish even on the Steez. Almost as bad as the Tatula spider plastered everywhere. Admittedly, the camera on my phone sucks, but I tried to get some good shots of it in the sunlight today. I wouldn't change a thing about it. Hat's off, Toshi! :peace:

This is the way.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Nice find!! Looks sweet on the MSX

I need to know what kind of realistic distance you can get with a 7-8 gram ned? Ease of casting? 110jr's?, little bit of wind in your face.

That Light LTD might be the ticket with where I fish, thinking of pairing it with 73LML Gek Air. I need distance with moderatly light lures in deep clear water.

http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/ro ... index.html

Still havent found anyting that can outcast my 15 Exist/7'6 Shoreluck

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Thanks! Yeah, it's like it was made for that rod. Very stealthy. Hopefully I can let you know tomorrow. Not sure what the wind will be like, but if I make it out there I'll be throwing a 110, 110 silent, and Jr. for sure, along with the 1/16 4.8 Flick Shake that's already rigged up. I think I have some 1/15 ned heads and TRD's. Might have to dig around... It's spooled with 8# Invizx. That rod is only 6'5", so with a 7'3" you'd probably outcast it. Depending on how it performs tomorrow I might consider trying out some 9 or 10# shooter on it. I've been wanting to try that line and I think it might be perfect for that setup. Sorry, don't mean to go off on a tangent. Anyway, I've got to put the Air Stream Custom through its paces, too, and I don't know how much time I'll get. It has a 3/16 Duo Rozante 63 ready to go on 4# Invizx before I switch it out for a crappie jig barely heavy enough for the Volkey 68L/bfs. I'm positive that reel will send a ned rig to Mars. It's gonna be a good time.

That's a cool looking rod, man. I gotta try something with AGS.
This is the way.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:19 pm

poisonokie wrote:Thanks! Yeah, it's like it was made for that rod. Very stealthy. Hopefully I can let you know tomorrow. Not sure what the wind will be like, but if I make it out there I'll be throwing a 110, 110 silent, and Jr. for sure, along with the 1/16 4.8 Flick Shake that's already rigged up. I think I have some 1/15 ned heads and TRD's. Might have to dig around... It's spooled with 8# Invizx. That rod is only 6'5", so with a 7'3" you'd probably outcast it. Depending on how it performs tomorrow I might consider trying out some 9 or 10# shooter on it. I've been wanting to try that line and I think it might be perfect for that setup. Sorry, don't mean to go off on a tangent. Anyway, I've got to put the Air Stream Custom through its paces, too, and I don't know how much time I'll get. It has a 3/16 Duo Rozante 63 ready to go on 4# Invizx before I switch it out for a crappie jig barely heavy enough for the Volkey 68L/bfs. I'm positive that reel will send a ned rig to Mars. It's gonna be a good time.

That's a cool looking rod, man. I gotta try something with AGS.
Good luck man. Let us know how it goes.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:26 pm

So! Had a little time with it today, and even though the bass were tight lipped and the ASC was very hard to put down with all the crappie I was catching, I can draw a few conclusions. I didn't have the Ned rigs, and I didn't mount the SV on the Volkey I would use with them, but the reel did open up the bottom end of the MS-X casting range compared to the SS SV/Steez SV 105. I was getting excellent distance out of the 3/16 Rozante, even into the wind, with the brakes at 50%. Going lower made it a little too wild. It also pitched and casted the 1/16 wacky jig+4.8 flick shake very well. As far as the 110 and 110 Jr., I'd say it's on par with the Steez spool. Where it really shines by comparison is with 1/4 and under. The lowest I went was a 1/8th trout spoon and it faired very well considering that's 1/16th lighter than the rod's lowest rating. I think mounted on a light rod, it would comfortably launch 1/8th, especially one over 7' like the one you're eyeing. That would be a great setup for what you're wanting, I'm sure of it. Here's another pic just because:

This is the way.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:26 pm

That is awesome man. Thanks for the report. Can't wait to read about the ASC. The way they designed that Light LTD and the size/dynamics of the spool it seems as though it is built for distance and control right in that 5-10 gram range.
My only problem now that I have 3 or 4 (2 IS and STZ LTD plus the STZ A) reels that should be able to get the job done well if I found the right spool. That's why I have been asking about the 1012 and ZPI M. Considering I am throwing .235mm braid or fluro, those just seem a bit deep. I've got a MB IS Honeycomb and that capacity seems just right and about the same as the Light LTD, but that Honeycomb spool gets a bit wild everytime I shoot for distance with the slightest face wind.
Really would like to get my hands on a KTF Finesse and see what that does, or maybe I just need to try a quality Ceramic Bearing as opposed to micro's in the Honeycomb.

Or I just sell my unused IS Red Galaxy and fund the Light LTD and that GEK..too many choices and not enough money..especially when I'm putting together expensive Christmas lists for myself.. :lol:

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:43 pm

Yeah, it was pretty windy this morning (~15-20 mph) and I didn't really have any issues. I did get a backlash here and there, but that's mostly because I was testing the limits. It probably could benefit from Air ceramic bearings or something similar for the really light stuff, but the stick ones seem perfectly suited for most of the things you'd use that reel for. The ASC on the other hand is so good I wouldn't dare change a thing. That spool loves to spin and starts up ultra easy. I went into it a little on the other topic.
This is the way.

Pastrmka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pastrmka » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:46 pm

Is there way to add clicking drag to sv light Ltd, I wish daiwa would start putting this in all bfs reels.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Pastrmka wrote:Is there way to add clicking drag to sv light Ltd, I wish daiwa would start putting this in all bfs reels.
Yeah. There is a guy with the username of Oleg on here that makes them. PM him and see what he can do for you. Should be similar to either the SS SV or the Steez LTD
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:51 am

Quick question.
Can anyone verify what spool diameter is on this reel.
And if there is any other SV spools that will fit that are a tad more capacity.
Not a lot deeper .but maybe like Alphas SV capacity or 105sv capacity..

Still trying to decide b/w this and the CT Steez SV.

Even the CT Steez SV capacity would be good.

But would like to find out what diameter the spool is on this reel first.

Thanks,
Eric

Pastrmka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pastrmka » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:53 am

Spool is 32mm

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:05 am

Pastrmka wrote:Spool is 32mm
Any aftermarket spools available yet that offer a little more capacity?

Thanks
Last edited by E73Bass on Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.