Mail Call

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Mail Call

Post by poisonokie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:50 pm

Noice! I love me some Jackhammers, too. Can't wait to try the tungsten version.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:53 pm

What are those Jackall baits in the red bag? They look like whip scorpions or something.
This is the way.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:30 pm

poisonokie wrote:What are those Jackall baits in the red bag? They look like whip scorpions or something.
They’re actually a lizard style bait with multiple appendages and a big curl tail. The bait is about 7” long. Wish I new how to post bigger pics.
83E317E4-EB69-439D-85EA-E48EEE9DC837.jpeg
83E317E4-EB69-439D-85EA-E48EEE9DC837.jpeg (114.68 KiB) Viewed 6511 times

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:58 pm

poisonokie wrote:Noice! I love me some Jackhammers, too. Can't wait to try the tungsten version.
Yeah same here. The price might scare a lot of people off:lol: I just swam the deps b custom chatter and manit looks good in the water. I can reel at a faster pace to keep the blade vibrating and the bait moving properly than I can with the jackhammer. The blade starts very fast and well on both chatters. Great attention to detail on the deps, and the hook is sharp and nice and stout. Nice to have another weapon in the arsenal.
Dom

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:04 pm

That's cool. They're like a worm, lizard, scissor comb amalgamation. Looks like it would be a great do nothing t-rig bait. That's how I fish the scissor comb, either that or neko rigging it.

I actually meant the ones above those, to the left of the chunk craws, though.

That deps has a more streamlined looking head. It does look like you could burn it. I've never had anything deps. I've wanted a buzzjet forever, but for some reason haven't done it yet.
This is the way.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:48 pm

poisonokie wrote:That's cool. They're like a worm, lizard, scissor comb amalgamation. Looks like it would be a great do nothing t-rig bait. That's how I fish the scissor comb, either that or neko rigging it.

That deps has a more streamlined looking head. It does look like you could burn it. I've never had anything deps. I've wanted a buzzjet forever, but for some reason haven't done it yet.
My bad they’re the Clone frog. Very versitle bait for different techniques. I have been ripping em on the drop shot with a rebarb hook 3/8 tungsten. . I bought 10 packs of them all the same color. :lol: Deps makes some good stuff. Buzzjet in black works well for me. Also the American shad.
66693467-9484-4341-B1D7-539CEBDDCF29.jpeg
66693467-9484-4341-B1D7-539CEBDDCF29.jpeg (102.75 KiB) Viewed 6480 times

Patex
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Patex » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:32 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:Finally got this handle installed...all I can say is Bigly (or Big League)..

What! Phermone Cherry came to the US and stole Ike's Tokyo Rig? The Pheremone Cherry by Goober, marketed in Japan since 2016. Note the lack of swivels and split rings-not needed. Check out that Dolive Beaver, I can just envision those claws smacking together on the way down..

rsz_ikesajoke.jpg
Actually the Pheremone Cherry by Goober, marketed in Japan since 2011!!! I've been using for years before become popular as Tokyo rig.
Last edited by Patex on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am

domthewon wrote:
poisonokie wrote:That's cool. They're like a worm, lizard, scissor comb amalgamation. Looks like it would be a great do nothing t-rig bait. That's how I fish the scissor comb, either that or neko rigging it.

My bad they’re the Clone frog. Very versitle bait for different techniques. I have been ripping em on the drop shot with a rebarb hook 3/8 tungsten. . I bought 10 packs of them all the same color. :lol: Deps makes some good stuff. Buzzjet in black works well for me. Also the American shad.

Drop shot is the last thing I would consider using that for, lol, but if it works... Way to think outside the box. I'd slap one on a weighted owner twistlock and buzz it all over the place. I gotta try some of those. See how they do against the noisy flappers. Thanks for the reply.
This is the way.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:26 pm

poisonokie wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Drop shot is the last thing I would consider using that for, lol, but if it works... Way to think outside the box. I'd slap one on a weighted owner twistlock and buzz it all over the place. I gotta try some of those. See how they do against the noisy flappers. Thanks for the reply.

I know it’s not typical but they are actually pretty small. I got the idea from this vid but I change it up a little. I do a looper drop knot so the frog has more movement and add a small piece of nail weight to level them out. It’s like they just suspend and do their thing without much rod or line action. I had 3 back to back to back 6 lbers and a 26.9 bag last outing while everyone was struggling so I had no other option but buy more. https://youtu.be/ZqyCdpU6Ai0

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 pm

domthewon wrote: I know it’s not typical but they are actually pretty small. I got the idea from this vid but I change it up a little. I do a looper drop knot so the frog has more movement and add a small piece of nail weight to level them out. It’s like they just suspend and do their thing without much rod or line action. I had 3 back to back to back 6 lbers and a 26.9 bag last outing while everyone was struggling so I had no other option but buy more. https://youtu.be/ZqyCdpU6Ai0
Cool bait and the rig! Probably order some.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:16 pm

Cracker wrote:
domthewon wrote: I know it’s not typical but they are actually pretty small. I got the idea from this vid but I change it up a little. I do a looper drop knot so the frog has more movement and add a small piece of nail weight to level them out. It’s like they just suspend and do their thing without much rod or line action. I had 3 back to back to back 6 lbers and a 26.9 bag last outing while everyone was struggling so I had no other option but buy more. https://youtu.be/ZqyCdpU6Ai0
Cool bait and the rig! Probably order some.
Thanks. I fish some very pressured waters and gotta be different to catch em.
Dom

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:16 pm

Looking at all of this sure helps me get thru the winter

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:49 pm

There is some really cool stuff posted on here since my last purchases. Bravo..some great inspiration for future purchases.
Get right into it with some soft plastics.
Left Row: Variety of sizes and colors of the MB Dot Crawler, probobly my favorite and most productive neko/wacky rubber of all time.
Right Row:
-Do Live Gill (this one is like a cockroach color) I am actually missing one because I pulled a roach prank on my girlfriend with it. :lol: These are best rigged on a no-gap hook, either jika or phermone cherry rigged.
-MB Vios Mineral something or other. Never seen these before, looks like a real worm only bigger with a bulbus tail end.
-Pheremone Stick, I'm guessing Goober made these to compliment the Cherry Rig (aka Tokyo), pretty sweet split tail. This was the only palatable color. (anything gold flake is my favorite FL color)
-MB Cattle Tongue in a nice green pumpkin color. Bovine goodness.
rsz_rubbers.jpg
rsz_rubbers.jpg (209.96 KiB) Viewed 6224 times
Some Hardware:
Left Row:
-Zappu Nail weights with some skirt material. Why not...
-Some SLP Micro Bearings. I liked these bearing so much and they were hard to find, so I figured I would buy another set. Problem is, these are B and I needed A. Might have to pick up a PX68 to go with these bearings ](*,)
Next Row:
-Some more Pheremone Cherry flavors, this time with a gap hook. Really like these, but I still prefer a Jika
-MB BFS Spool. Seeing fewer and fewer of these, so I figured I would pick one up. Hint...You don't have to use these for BFS, they throw a MB 110 jr sized lures as far as you would want to throw them. I'm using a mono/fluro leader an have my drag set properly, so no concern over screwing up the spool.
Next Row:
-ZPI M Red. Had to have something to match that Fuji Hook Keeper
-Some really cool twin hooks. If you saw my last post I had ordered some standard twin hooks and turns out I did not like them at all. Found these, which are actually 2 hooks banded together and attached to a split ring. These will be going on my TN series Lipless, might even try them on some visions.
Next: YT Fusion Spool Pin Remover (more on this below)
Next: A really expensive Hook Keeper, fortunatly it came with a free rod. :shock:
rsz_hardeware.jpg
rsz_hardeware.jpg (186.04 KiB) Viewed 6224 times
Let's talk about this YT Fusion Spool Pin Remover. First off, I am a rookie at spool pin removal. The HH Pin remover did not help out with my lack of expertise and facilitated in screwing up a couple of pins. (trust me, you don't want to screw up a pin) I am going to go on the record and say that the HH cross wrench sucks and it is a substandard design. Step in YT Fusion, note the thickness of the shaft, note the shorter length of the shaft, note the slim design of the tool. It is superior in many ways. I made short work of 8 spool pins last night without a hint of flex in the shaft and more clearance of the spool rim. Do yourself a favor....
rsz_twister.jpg
rsz_twister.jpg (122.49 KiB) Viewed 6224 times

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Where is the best place to get the YT Fusion? I have to be super careful with my HH one. I haven't had any issues at all, just seems fragile is all...

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:32 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:There is some really cool stuff posted on here since my last purchases. Bravo..some great inspiration for future purchases.
Get right into it with some soft plastics.
Left Row: Variety of sizes and colors of the MB Dot Crawler, probobly my favorite and most productive neko/wacky rubber of all time.
Right Row:
-Do Live Gill (this one is like a cockroach color) I am actually missing one because I pulled a roach prank on my girlfriend with it. :lol: These are best rigged on a no-gap hook, either jika or phermone cherry rigged.
-MB Vios Mineral something or other. Never seen these before, looks like a real worm only bigger with a bulbus tail end.
-Pheremone Stick, I'm guessing Goober made these to compliment the Cherry Rig (aka Tokyo), pretty sweet split tail. This was the only palatable color. (anything gold flake is my favorite FL color)
-MB Cattle Tongue in a nice green pumpkin color. Bovine goodness.
rsz_rubbers.jpg
Some Hardware:
Left Row:
-Zappu Nail weights with some skirt material. Why not...
-Some SLP Micro Bearings. I liked these bearing so much and they were hard to find, so I figured I would buy another set. Problem is, these are B and I needed A. Might have to pick up a PX68 to go with these bearings ](*,)
Next Row:
-Some more Pheremone Cherry flavors, this time with a gap hook. Really like these, but I still prefer a Jika
-MB BFS Spool. Seeing fewer and fewer of these, so I figured I would pick one up. Hint...You don't have to use these for BFS, they throw a MB 110 jr sized lures as far as you would want to throw them. I'm using a mono/fluro leader an have my drag set properly, so no concern over screwing up the spool.
Next Row:
-ZPI M Red. Had to have something to match that Fuji Hook Keeper
-Some really cool twin hooks. If you saw my last post I had ordered some standard twin hooks and turns out I did not like them at all. Found these, which are actually 2 hooks banded together and attached to a split ring. These will be going on my TN series Lipless, might even try them on some visions.
Next: YT Fusion Spool Pin Remover (more on this below)
Next: A really expensive Hook Keeper, fortunatly it came with a free rod. :shock:
rsz_hardeware.jpg
Let's talk about this YT Fusion Spool Pin Remover. First off, I am a rookie at spool pin removal. The HH Pin remover did not help out with my lack of expertise and facilitated in screwing up a couple of pins. (trust me, you don't want to screw up a pin) I am going to go on the record and say that the HH cross wrench sucks and it is a substandard design. Step in YT Fusion, note the thickness of the shaft, note the shorter length of the shaft, note the slim design of the tool. It is superior in many ways. I made short work of 8 spool pins last night without a hint of flex in the shaft and more clearance of the spool rim. Do yourself a favor....
rsz_twister.jpg
Lot's of nice new goodies over there. Looks like I'm not the only one having fun around here. Gotta get me an evergreen rod some day. Enjoy!