2 Piece JDM Rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: 2 Piece JDM Rods

Post by SSS » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:Everything that I have read indicates that at the time they took the best attributes from existing rods and put it all together in a Heritage. KABT from Orochi, Yoloy from X7, Ace from Arms, Blank technology from Destroyer, Carbon Handle, I am assuming TT guides.
They make a 1 piece model as well. Considering the conglomeration I am sure they are stellar rods. Have had them in my cart a couple of times but could not swallow the canary yellow handle on the one action that I wanted.

Would be good to hear from anyone who has had the pleasure.
Would look amazing with a yellow pixy tho.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Tokugawa wrote:The type that insert into the handle are stellar. You will have no worries.
Awhile back I was looking at a Western Flip but I was so worried about it being limited to actual flipping for fear of losing the tip if I casted too hard, I ended up with the Nautilus instead...but good to know about not having to worry with their two piece models.

Update: I pulled the trigger on a Western Flip tonight... :big grin:

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:49 am

Sometimes I think multi-piece construction actually enhances the action beyond what it would be otherwise. If you've ever fished an Ardito 3 pc travel rod I think you know what I'm talking about. I've never had an issue with or really even noticed the ferrules on those. They have a really nice tip with lots of backbone and are actually surprisingly sensitive. It has the type of ferrule with a gap between the thread wraps of the joining piece, which Daiwa calls "V-Flex" and I think it's an improvement over past designs. I just ordered a high end JDM ul 2 pc trout rod with the same type of joint.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:12 am

This is the way.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:48 am

domthewon wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:The type that insert into the handle are stellar. You will have no worries.
Agree with this. X7’s are at the top of the list for most sensitive Megabass Rods, and the longer ones are all 2 piece inserted in the handle. Still my favorite series from them by far.
Dom
+2. The MB rods that I have where the handle section comes apart to make it a two piece are great rods and I’ve noticed no difference in sensitivity for versus a one piece rod from the same series (like the X7s as Dom points out).

Similar with Evergreen rods. Many JDM rods 7’+ come apart at the handle section.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:58 am

poisonokie wrote:Happened across this:

http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=73230
I asked about that very same thing too and was told to leave it alone cause it is supposed to be that way. Never really bothered me though.

DanTheFireman
Angler
Angler

Post by DanTheFireman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:41 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:I am using 4 piece rods without issues. Non have come apart during use and with current rod design there is no flat spots and they fish like a 1 piece, I don't see the need for 1 piece as there is no real advantage to them anymore. the rods I use are Bone rods but Major Craft have plenty of 2 piece models in there range which I have used with out issues.
After tiring of dragging around the seven foot plus PVC rod tube I acquired my first Bone four piece rod, the Combat Beast XH. On a Colombia peacock trip nine months ago I used this rod for the first time and it didn't disappoint. Next week will be the first trip I'm doing with just these rods (have added six Voyage rods in various powers). The 6'6" Medium feels to me just like my 6'6" M Expride one piece rods. The latest addition is a 6'3" BFS which weighs in at 3.5 ounces, a "heavyweight" compared to the 2.6 ounce Jackson Super Trickster that I love. Honestly, I hate to say it but the Bone has every bit as good a feel to it, a tad faster action and a bit more backbone. It was natural to expect some compromise but there is none. I gave away all of my other travel rods (Fenwicks, Offshore Anglers and a few more). These new rods are no joke. Next week it's back to Brazil but the six rods that are going will easily be in a 24" carry on duffel bag.
fish for brains