Christmas Gluttony

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Christmas Gluttony

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:41 pm

i_am_R2 wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote: Roman Made Like Bite 105- $48, 15 grams, 105mm, hand painted topwater. (5 colors)

They also make a 120mm and 130mm, but I havent seem to find any of those.

Like bite.JPG

Bonus Video for you. Now I see what they are doing with all of these profits, nicest video I have ever seen for a topwater ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqk4CpVRSZQ
I couldn't resist and had to grab one of these (120mm). Like other Roman Made baits the craftsmanship is top notch so I am not sure yet if I am going to fish it or just stare at it :lol:
Nice pickup I-am.. and way to find that 120mm, which colorway did you end up getting?

Of the 3 things I listed, that was the only one I ended up not splurging on, primarily because I thought I was just end up staring at it!

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:43 pm

John G wrote:Bought this on December 22 from Singapore and I have my fingers crossed that it gets here in one piece. :lol:
I have owned one before, sold it and regretted it and bought another one. Now I need a reel for it.

I've eyed those rods before and they look sweet. This is the top dog in the Majocraft bass casting lineup, correct? Decent price to boot!

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
John G wrote:Bought this on December 22 from Singapore and I have my fingers crossed that it gets here in one piece. :lol:
I have owned one before, sold it and regretted it and bought another one. Now I need a reel for it.

I've eyed those rods before and they look sweet. This is the top dog in the Majocraft bass casting lineup, correct? Decent price to boot!
They are the high end of the Major Craft bass line-up. The build quality is excellent but the lure ratings are off. They fish a little heavier than advertised. I don’t think that Major Craft is making the MS-X Limited BFS rods anymore. They made a 6’5” UL BFS and a 6’7” L BFS. I have owned both. If you like a lighter powered rod, the UL is the way to go. The 6’7” L has considerably more power and in my hands, it is not near as much fun to use.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
i_am_R2 wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote: Roman Made Like Bite 105- $48, 15 grams, 105mm, hand painted topwater. (5 colors)

They also make a 120mm and 130mm, but I havent seem to find any of those.

Like bite.JPG

Bonus Video for you. Now I see what they are doing with all of these profits, nicest video I have ever seen for a topwater ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqk4CpVRSZQ
I couldn't resist and had to grab one of these (120mm). Like other Roman Made baits the craftsmanship is top notch so I am not sure yet if I am going to fish it or just stare at it :lol:
Nice pickup I-am.. and way to find that 120mm, which colorway did you end up getting?

Of the 3 things I listed, that was the only one I ended up not splurging on, primarily because I thought I was just end up staring at it!
Thanks! I picked up the Ochiayu, which looks to be the same as the pic in your post. Coincidentally, this color in the 120 size was the last bait they had in any color/size. In case you might be interested later on, I snagged this from JapanLureShop. They seemed to have had a couple of shipments of these baits already so they may be getting more at some point. I missed out on the last round but I have been eyeing them for a while and this post finally made me commit haha

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Nice goodies! That big lipless crank, is it silent? They look good. Really like the Roman made as well.
Dom

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:41 am

domthewon wrote:Nice goodies! That big lipless crank, is it silent? They look good. Really like the Roman made as well.
Dom
Yep, silent as a mouse. Hope to get it out later this week once the hooks I ordered for it come in. I think I might have to add a weight strip to the bottom of the nose to get down to the depth I will be Yo-Yoing it, which is 25-30ft. Wouldn't think you would have to with a 38 gram lure, but it's labeled as a slow sinker. We will see.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:40 am

John G wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:
They are the high end of the Major Craft bass line-up. The build quality is excellent but the lure ratings are off. They fish a little heavier than advertised. I don’t think that Major Craft is making the MS-X Limited BFS rods anymore. They made a 6’5” UL BFS and a 6’7” L BFS. I have owned both. If you like a lighter powered rod, the UL is the way to go. The 6’7” L has considerably more power and in my hands, it is not near as much fun to use.
They are pretty powerful blanks. I just got the 610M/R in the other day and it's got a surprising amount of backbone. It's thicker in the base and through the belly that I was expecting. It still has a sweet tip and a nice moderate taper, but it's stiff. I haven't fished it yet, but with a few test casts in the front yard, in the dark, I can tell it's super crisp and ridiculously sensitive. With 10# fluoroclear it launches a small Jackall Aska with no effort and a strong thump goes through the rod when it hits the ground. I got it thinking I'd use it for shallow cranking, at which it would probably excel, but now I'm thinking it would be stellar for my favorite bait, a 3.8" Swing Impact Fat on a 3/0 Owner Twistlock with two 1/32 W nail weights in the belly. I'm sure it has enough power to set the XXX Strong hooks, and will definitely work with the Light Twistlocks. It weighs 109g or 3.844 oz. Also, it balances ~1" ahead of the foregrip without a reel and on the reel foot hood with a T3 mounted (6.5 oz).

Another part of my Xmas Gluttony is the MS-X 70MH/RF. If the 610M is any indication, it will be a beast of a worm/jig rod. I just love these sticks. I haven't gone for a LTD version yet. That's a can of worms I'd better keep the lid on.
This is the way.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
domthewon wrote:Nice goodies! That big lipless crank, is it silent? They look good. Really like the Roman made as well.
Dom
Yep, silent as a mouse. Hope to get it out later this week once the hooks I ordered for it come in. I think I might have to add a weight strip to the bottom of the nose to get down to the depth I will be Yo-Yoing it, which is 25-30ft. Wouldn't think you would have to with a 38 gram lure, but it's labeled as a slow sinker. We will see.
Slow sinking, or suspending would be nice in shallow spawning areas. thanks for the info.
Dom