Steez racing Design 7011HRB

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Cranky
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:22 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by Cranky » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:13 am

Following!

Polkfish1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:45 am

Mine should be arriving Friday. I held off as long as I could. The MH hustler has been so good to me that it made the plunge easier. Are they worth the money? I’m not sure; you might have to be crazy in a certain way which likely explains me.

freelancer27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:08 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by freelancer27 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:17 am

domthewon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:05 am
freelancer27 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:25 pm
Any more review on this rod?

What is the weight, any pics of balancing this rod with a Steez A, 2019 Morethan, Antares DC, etc?

What USDM rod would it compare to? Would use it for 3/4 -1oz jigs and for punching. Is it worth the 800 USD?

Many thanks!
I’ll take some pics and write something up tonight after work for you amigo. ;)
Much appreciated! Can the reel seat be compared to the one of the Steex XBD / Steez AGS? 800 USD is of course a lot of money for a rod that will not be locally insured, but if the performance (sensitivity, balance and blank) justify it, I will strongly consider it. My wife will of course be told that this was a rod that was on sale and too cheap to pass up on... :big grin:

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: NW OKC OK USA

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by poisonokie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:58 am

freelancer27 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:17 am

My wife will of course be told that this was a rod that was on sale and too cheap to pass up on... :big grin:
You salty dog...
Still waters run deep.

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by domthewon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:31 pm

freelancer27 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:25 pm
Any more review on this rod?

What is the weight, any pics of balancing this rod with a Steez A, 2019 Morethan, Antares DC, etc?

What USDM rod would it compare to? Would use it for 3/4 -1oz jigs and for punching. Is it worth the 800 USD?

Many thanks!
First off I haven't used or own any rods that feels similar in action, taper, and weight. In hand it feels very tightly wound like a heavy spring and is powerful and could almost described as broomstick like, but that's just in hand. In real fishing situations it handles so damn good to me. It is probably the best "jig" rod I've owned. I love all of my Racing Designs, but this one is my favorite. It took me a long time to actually hook up with a fish on it even though I threw it a lot. Texas rigged baits were hitting and anything with a skirt wasn't getting it done. My RD Hustler technical tune was getting all the action. I finally gave in took my go to jig off and put a 3/4oz pegged texas rig on cause the current was strong at the time. It blew me away from the first contact. Bite detection is top notch, and I'd put it up with any of the best rods in that department. Sensitivity with these rods is kind of confusing to explain in words. It doesn't have that lasting vibrating thunk through the shaft like a NRX which feel much more of a hollow type of sensitivity to me. When I make contact with say an 894 NRX on a rock or hard bottom it reverberates for a second through the rod and creates what some would consider the peak of sensitivity on mass produced rod. As for the JiggaStick it feels like the blank is thick and gives almost immediate feeling of contact through the shaft into your palm when you make contact with a rock or whatever, but goes away somewhat quickly. It feels great but makes me wish that sensation would last longer cause it would make them easier to compare in words plus be that much more awesome. Dragging tungsten and plastic they are right there with one another. It's more sensitive than the Steez AGS but not really by much. The one I have is pretty impressive, and blows away the Compile-osh!t X i had. It uses almost all the different steez rod technologies plus Toray1100g and nano plus, and some other stuff. Is it as sensitive as my 894? :whistle: Maybe; maybe not but they are definitely in the same class in my hands when it comes to sensitivity just like my Designo's, X7s, and Seditions. They feel so different from one another especially with the soft tip on the 894. The action of that rod is more comparable to the Hustler and I would take the hustler over my 894 any day of the week. I don't care for the 894 for jigs I feel like I have to set the hook so hard with thicker hooks because the tip is so soft.This rod will cross their eyes before the fish actually know what happened. :lol: What I love about The JiggaStick is it gives me the ability to detect exactly where my bait is in the water when there is tension on the line. It's the best I've used that gives me that feeling and confidence in what my bait is doing without me actually seeing it. Even in 50+ feet i can tell how far away from the boat and what type of substrate my bait is sitting on. Hopping your bait feels really nice and purposeful with smaller action which creates less fatigue on your arm, and joints after extended usage. When you set the hook it gives maximum torque to drive thicker hooks into big bass and the taper shines. After the bass is hooked it does a really good job at keeping fish pinned even with only a little flex in the rod tip as with fighting smaller fish, and it's when I truly realized this isn't a just a broom stick. It loads up really nice actually, and when you see pics of the taper it is easier to understand. It balances pretty well with a lighter reel(upgraded steez A lighter than stock), but a heavier reel would make it balance out a little better. It weighs in at exactly 4oz on my scale bare and about 10.2 with the Steez A. The reel seats on these rods are my favorite of any rod I own. In my hands they are super comfortable no matter how I grip the rod, and the Jigga Stick has my favorite seat of them all(might be because the 2 others are 2019 models). It has these 2 little impressions for your fingers to grip on and its really nice. It is nicer than the AGS or the older steez rods to me although I really like the smaller lockdown nut on the older rods. They allowed you to put your finger on the blank easier which was very nice(AGS has this type as well). The lure ratings are pretty accurate at 3/8-1 1/2oz. I've thrown 3/4oz tungsten plus 3/8oz plastic on it no problem, but I just tied on a 1 1/4 weight, hook, and senko and it felt overloaded. I hate to disappoint, but I personally wouldn't use it as a punch rod at all. In lighter cover and around heavier cover yes, but thick hyacinth, cheese, or other matted vegetation not for me. I would prefer a rod with a deeper bend to the blank to keep fish pinned until I could get back to them, and also a longer rod. I could never even use it to punch where I fish i need at least a 1 1/4oz weight to get through and usually don't go lighter than a 1 1/2oz weight. It is a straight up jig/texas rig stick for me although I have used it for frogs just to try out. It walks them pretty well, but I prefer the 741AGS due to the extra length and taper over thick cover which is how I like the action of my punch rods. Is it worth the price? HAHAHA I don't know. There are a lot of excellent rods you can get for much cheaper that can do the same job and sensitivity wouldn't be far off. To me it is, and it led me to buying 2 more Racing designs before I even caught a fish on it. I work hard for my money and toys, and have bought countless rods just for bottom contact over the years, and I just have to try the top rods from all the major manufacturers and some less known ones too. The thing is they all have their strong points, but this one has more going for it than most of the others i have tried for "jigs". Personally I would look at the longer heavy or ex heavy AGS rods for punching if you want a Steez rod with more sensitivity than the XBD you have been using. If the 741 XBD taper and power work for you I'd look int the 7'9" EX heavy AGS. It handles up to 2oz and has a similar taper and power to the 741 according to specs, and a few hundred $ less. If you have your mind set on the Jigga stick I'm sure you will find a spot in your arsenal for one. It is one of the first JDM rods with a funny name that actually fit the technique it was built for and how I prefer to use it. I hope this helps you decide if it's the rod you are looking for and Pics to come shortly.
Dom

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by domthewon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:38 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

freelancer27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:08 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by freelancer27 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:38 pm

domthewon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:31 pm
freelancer27 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:25 pm
Any more review on this rod?

What is the weight, any pics of balancing this rod with a Steez A, 2019 Morethan, Antares DC, etc?

What USDM rod would it compare to? Would use it for 3/4 -1oz jigs and for punching. Is it worth the 800 USD?

Many thanks!
First off I haven't used or own any rods that feels similar in action, taper, and weight. In hand it feels very tightly wound like a heavy spring and is powerful and could almost described as broomstick like, but that's just in hand. In real fishing situations it handles so damn good to me. It is probably the best "jig" rod I've owned. I love all of my Racing Designs, but this one is my favorite. It took me a long time to actually hook up with a fish on it even though I threw it a lot. Texas rigged baits were hitting and anything with a skirt wasn't getting it done. My RD Hustler technical tune was getting all the action. I finally gave in took my go to jig off and put a 3/4oz pegged texas rig on cause the current was strong at the time. It blew me away from the first contact. Bite detection is top notch, and I'd put it up with any of the best rods in that department. Sensitivity with these rods is kind of confusing to explain in words. It doesn't have that lasting vibrating thunk through the shaft like a NRX which feel much more of a hollow type of sensitivity to me. When I make contact with say an 894 NRX on a rock or hard bottom it reverberates for a second through the rod and creates what some would consider the peak of sensitivity on mass produced rod. As for the JiggaStick it feels like the blank is thick and gives almost immediate feeling of contact through the shaft into your palm when you make contact with a rock or whatever, but goes away somewhat quickly. It feels great but makes me wish that sensation would last longer cause it would make them easier to compare in words plus be that much more awesome. Dragging tungsten and plastic they are right there with one another. It's more sensitive than the Steez AGS but not really by much. The one I have is pretty impressive, and blows away the Compile-osh!t X i had. It uses almost all the different steez rod technologies plus Toray1100g and nano plus, and some other stuff. Is it as sensitive as my 894? :whistle: Maybe; maybe not but they are definitely in the same class in my hands when it comes to sensitivity just like my Designo's, X7s, and Seditions. They feel so different from one another especially with the soft tip on the 894. The action of that rod is more comparable to the Hustler and I would take the hustler over my 894 any day of the week. I don't care for the 894 for jigs I feel like I have to set the hook so hard with thicker hooks because the tip is so soft.This rod will cross their eyes before the fish actually know what happened. :lol: What I love about The JiggaStick is it gives me the ability to detect exactly where my bait is in the water when there is tension on the line. It's the best I've used that gives me that feeling and confidence in what my bait is doing without me actually seeing it. Even in 50+ feet i can tell how far away from the boat and what type of substrate my bait is sitting on. Hopping your bait feels really nice and purposeful with smaller action which creates less fatigue on your arm, and joints after extended usage. When you set the hook it gives maximum torque to drive thicker hooks into big bass and the taper shines. After the bass is hooked it does a really good job at keeping fish pinned even with only a little flex in the rod tip as with fighting smaller fish, and it's when I truly realized this isn't a just a broom stick. It loads up really nice actually, and when you see pics of the taper it is easier to understand. It balances pretty well with a lighter reel(upgraded steez A lighter than stock), but a heavier reel would make it balance out a little better. It weighs in at exactly 4oz on my scale bare and about 10.2 with the Steez A. The reel seats on these rods are my favorite of any rod I own. In my hands they are super comfortable no matter how I grip the rod, and the Jigga Stick has my favorite seat of them all(might be because the 2 others are 2019 models). It has these 2 little impressions for your fingers to grip on and its really nice. It is nicer than the AGS or the older steez rods to me although I really like the smaller lockdown nut on the older rods. They allowed you to put your finger on the blank easier which was very nice(AGS has this type as well). The lure ratings are pretty accurate at 3/8-1 1/2oz. I've thrown 3/4oz tungsten plus 3/8oz plastic on it no problem, but I just tied on a 1 1/4 weight, hook, and senko and it felt overloaded. I hate to disappoint, but I personally wouldn't use it as a punch rod at all. In lighter cover and around heavier cover yes, but thick hyacinth, cheese, or other matted vegetation not for me. I would prefer a rod with a deeper bend to the blank to keep fish pinned until I could get back to them, and also a longer rod. I could never even use it to punch where I fish i need at least a 1 1/4oz weight to get through and usually don't go lighter than a 1 1/2oz weight. It is a straight up jig/texas rig stick for me although I have used it for frogs just to try out. It walks them pretty well, but I prefer the 741AGS due to the extra length and taper over thick cover which is how I like the action of my punch rods. Is it worth the price? HAHAHA I don't know. There are a lot of excellent rods you can get for much cheaper that can do the same job and sensitivity wouldn't be far off. To me it is, and it led me to buying 2 more Racing designs before I even caught a fish on it. I work hard for my money and toys, and have bought countless rods just for bottom contact over the years, and I just have to try the top rods from all the major manufacturers and some less known ones too. The thing is they all have their strong points, but this one has more going for it than most of the others i have tried for "jigs". Personally I would look at the longer heavy or ex heavy AGS rods for punching if you want a Steez rod with more sensitivity than the XBD you have been using. If the 741 XBD taper and power work for you I'd look int the 7'9" EX heavy AGS. It handles up to 2oz and has a similar taper and power to the 741 according to specs, and a few hundred $ less. If you have your mind set on the Jigga stick I'm sure you will find a spot in your arsenal for one. It is one of the first JDM rods with a funny name that actually fit the technique it was built for and how I prefer to use it. I hope this helps you decide if it's the rod you are looking for and Pics to come shortly.
Dom
Wow! This is not just a review. This is a homage to a rod and the sport of bass fishing. I felt a bit like listening to a guru talking about all the great equipment that is out there and just reminded me about how much there still is to learn and discover.

Really appreciate you writing such a detailed and inspiring piece of thought!

I think I will do a bit more soul searching but probably go with the Steez AGS in extra heavy instead. Just because I can get it for under 400 usd, it has a warranty and it is not far behind the racing in terms of sensitivity. I think it is also good to keep something out there that is still above my current gear. One needs some kind of motivation and goal to work for ;)


Actually one question:
What line are you running on the Jigga? I was planning to use a braid to leader combo in order to fully exhaust it's sensitivity but especially with the AGS guides I am a bit nervous. If the racing was leader friendlier, that could even tip me towards the racing again.
Thanks again.i could literally listen to your gear talk all day!


Cheers!

Polkfish1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:12 pm

Oh man Dom. Inspiring indeed. I’m going to approach my first outing with the jigga differently. I would have probably come home on Friday unpacked it, spooled up a reel and gone casting off the bank for an hour until I hopefully hooked into one like an impatient child. Instead; I think I’ll take my time. Go out to perhaps an unfamiliar piece of water with just jigga and hustler tech tune on the deck and do this initiation properly. Excellent post on the jigga; I’m excited about what’s to come.

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by domthewon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:09 am

freelancer27 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:38 pm
domthewon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:31 pm
freelancer27 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:25 pm
Any more review on this rod?

What is the weight, any pics of balancing this rod with a Steez A, 2019 Morethan, Antares DC, etc?

What USDM rod would it compare to? Would use it for 3/4 -1oz jigs and for punching. Is it worth the 800 USD?

Many thanks!
First off I haven't used or own any rods that feels similar in action, taper, and weight. In hand it feels very tightly wound like a heavy spring and is powerful and could almost described as broomstick like, but that's just in hand. In real fishing situations it handles so damn good to me. It is probably the best "jig" rod I've owned. I love all of my Racing Designs, but this one is my favorite. It took me a long time to actually hook up with a fish on it even though I threw it a lot. Texas rigged baits were hitting and anything with a skirt wasn't getting it done. My RD Hustler technical tune was getting all the action. I finally gave in took my go to jig off and put a 3/4oz pegged texas rig on cause the current was strong at the time. It blew me away from the first contact. Bite detection is top notch, and I'd put it up with any of the best rods in that department. Sensitivity with these rods is kind of confusing to explain in words. It doesn't have that lasting vibrating thunk through the shaft like a NRX which feel much more of a hollow type of sensitivity to me. When I make contact with say an 894 NRX on a rock or hard bottom it reverberates for a second through the rod and creates what some would consider the peak of sensitivity on mass produced rod. As for the JiggaStick it feels like the blank is thick and gives almost immediate feeling of contact through the shaft into your palm when you make contact with a rock or whatever, but goes away somewhat quickly. It feels great but makes me wish that sensation would last longer cause it would make them easier to compare in words plus be that much more awesome. Dragging tungsten and plastic they are right there with one another. It's more sensitive than the Steez AGS but not really by much. The one I have is pretty impressive, and blows away the Compile-osh!t X i had. It uses almost all the different steez rod technologies plus Toray1100g and nano plus, and some other stuff. Is it as sensitive as my 894? :whistle: Maybe; maybe not but they are definitely in the same class in my hands when it comes to sensitivity just like my Designo's, X7s, and Seditions. They feel so different from one another especially with the soft tip on the 894. The action of that rod is more comparable to the Hustler and I would take the hustler over my 894 any day of the week. I don't care for the 894 for jigs I feel like I have to set the hook so hard with thicker hooks because the tip is so soft.This rod will cross their eyes before the fish actually know what happened. :lol: What I love about The JiggaStick is it gives me the ability to detect exactly where my bait is in the water when there is tension on the line. It's the best I've used that gives me that feeling and confidence in what my bait is doing without me actually seeing it. Even in 50+ feet i can tell how far away from the boat and what type of substrate my bait is sitting on. Hopping your bait feels really nice and purposeful with smaller action which creates less fatigue on your arm, and joints after extended usage. When you set the hook it gives maximum torque to drive thicker hooks into big bass and the taper shines. After the bass is hooked it does a really good job at keeping fish pinned even with only a little flex in the rod tip as with fighting smaller fish, and it's when I truly realized this isn't a just a broom stick. It loads up really nice actually, and when you see pics of the taper it is easier to understand. It balances pretty well with a lighter reel(upgraded steez A lighter than stock), but a heavier reel would make it balance out a little better. It weighs in at exactly 4oz on my scale bare and about 10.2 with the Steez A. The reel seats on these rods are my favorite of any rod I own. In my hands they are super comfortable no matter how I grip the rod, and the Jigga Stick has my favorite seat of them all(might be because the 2 others are 2019 models). It has these 2 little impressions for your fingers to grip on and its really nice. It is nicer than the AGS or the older steez rods to me although I really like the smaller lockdown nut on the older rods. They allowed you to put your finger on the blank easier which was very nice(AGS has this type as well). The lure ratings are pretty accurate at 3/8-1 1/2oz. I've thrown 3/4oz tungsten plus 3/8oz plastic on it no problem, but I just tied on a 1 1/4 weight, hook, and senko and it felt overloaded. I hate to disappoint, but I personally wouldn't use it as a punch rod at all. In lighter cover and around heavier cover yes, but thick hyacinth, cheese, or other matted vegetation not for me. I would prefer a rod with a deeper bend to the blank to keep fish pinned until I could get back to them, and also a longer rod. I could never even use it to punch where I fish i need at least a 1 1/4oz weight to get through and usually don't go lighter than a 1 1/2oz weight. It is a straight up jig/texas rig stick for me although I have used it for frogs just to try out. It walks them pretty well, but I prefer the 741AGS due to the extra length and taper over thick cover which is how I like the action of my punch rods. Is it worth the price? HAHAHA I don't know. There are a lot of excellent rods you can get for much cheaper that can do the same job and sensitivity wouldn't be far off. To me it is, and it led me to buying 2 more Racing designs before I even caught a fish on it. I work hard for my money and toys, and have bought countless rods just for bottom contact over the years, and I just have to try the top rods from all the major manufacturers and some less known ones too. The thing is they all have their strong points, but this one has more going for it than most of the others i have tried for "jigs". Personally I would look at the longer heavy or ex heavy AGS rods for punching if you want a Steez rod with more sensitivity than the XBD you have been using. If the 741 XBD taper and power work for you I'd look int the 7'9" EX heavy AGS. It handles up to 2oz and has a similar taper and power to the 741 according to specs, and a few hundred $ less. If you have your mind set on the Jigga stick I'm sure you will find a spot in your arsenal for one. It is one of the first JDM rods with a funny name that actually fit the technique it was built for and how I prefer to use it. I hope this helps you decide if it's the rod you are looking for and Pics to come shortly.
Dom
Wow! This is not just a review. This is a homage to a rod and the sport of bass fishing. I felt a bit like listening to a guru talking about all the great equipment that is out there and just reminded me about how much there still is to learn and discover.

Really appreciate you writing such a detailed and inspiring piece of thought!

I think I will do a bit more soul searching but probably go with the Steez AGS in extra heavy instead. Just because I can get it for under 400 usd, it has a warranty and it is not far behind the racing in terms of sensitivity. I think it is also good to keep something out there that is still above my current gear. One needs some kind of motivation and goal to work for ;)


Actually one question:
What line are you running on the Jigga? I was planning to use a braid to leader combo in order to fully exhaust it's sensitivity but especially with the AGS guides I am a bit nervous. If the racing was leader friendlier, that could even tip me towards the racing again.
Thanks again.i could literally listen to your gear talk all day!


Cheers!
Right on buddy. No worries I just didn’t want you to go out spending a bunch of $ on something that doesn’t fit your needs. Plus it will probably make your wife happier too. ;) I realized I didn’t mention the guides too much but they get gradually smaller and are semi micro towards the tip and would possibly be okay for braid to leader. I personally just don’t run braid to leader on anything but spinning gear. It’s all flourocarbon or straight braid for me. Right now I have I believe 16lb flouro on mine. Most of the bottom structure I fish is rip rap levy walls and if I get stuck in a rock with braid I’m cutting line and it happens often especially at lower tides when the fish aren’t on the outer weed lines, but right up on the bank. Also the water has been really clean as of late. I have also thrown 50 lb braid on it as well but that was when I was testing frogs for a different TT member. I hate reviewing rods, but I know how it is when you try and find info about something and aren’t getting anywhere. In the end these are just my thoughts on the JiggaStick and anyone else who tries one might have a completely different experience with theirs if they decide to make the purchase. Its always a risk. It’s got a nice spot on my deck until the next best thing comes along to replace it. Hopefully no time soon. But my curiosity kills me.
Dom

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by domthewon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:09 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:12 pm
Oh man Dom. Inspiring indeed. I’m going to approach my first outing with the jigga differently. I would have probably come home on Friday unpacked it, spooled up a reel and gone casting off the bank for an hour until I hopefully hooked into one like an impatient child. Instead; I think I’ll take my time. Go out to perhaps an unfamiliar piece of water with just jigga and hustler tech tune on the deck and do this initiation properly. Excellent post on the jigga; I’m excited about what’s to come.
LoL
Thanks bro. I’m glad you guys like it. Aaahhh. In the words of golfer John Daly just go out and grip it and rip it. :lol: I hope you enjoy it. If you find it better for other techniques be sure to post it and give others insight on how you like it. It definitely compliments the Hustler and I might do a real write up on that rod soon since i’ve had a few PMs on what it’s like and a lot of use out of it now.
Dom

Cranky
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:22 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by Cranky » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:12 am

Excellent review and much appreciated.

=D>

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by domthewon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:24 am

Cranky wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:12 am
Excellent review and much appreciated.

=D>
Thanks, and no worries.

Cranky
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:22 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by Cranky » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:22 am

Could you comment a little more on the comparison to the XBD with a frog? Not that it’d be a top choice as a frog rod, but that lots of ppl have experience with the XBD as a reference point.

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by domthewon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Cranky wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:22 am
Could you comment a little more on the comparison to the XBD with a frog? Not that it’d be a top choice as a frog rod, but that lots of ppl have experience with the XBD as a reference point.
Yeah the taper bends a lot deeper on the xbd or ags 741 in comparison. The JS walks them well but I wouldn’t use it in as heavy of cover as I would the xbd or ags because those 741’s are much better at maintaining the bend in the rod without returning to having no tension better, so you’re more likely to be able to boat the fish with them in the thicker stuff. Sporadic tulles and other cover wouldn’t be an issue.
Here are the tapers.
AGS741 on top RD JiggaStick on the bottom.
Image

Image

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Steez racing Design 7011HRB

Post by j2015 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Great write up, thanks!

Post Reply