Olympic Graphitelader Rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Olympic Graphitelader Rods

Post by hungry_cow » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 am

Has anyone used the Olympic rods? I know their ultra light saltwater rods get rave reviews but how are their bass rods? The Vigore series looks intriguing. Do they make blanks for Evergreen? I thought I may have heard that as well.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Olympic Graphitelader Rods

Post by Craigthor » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:03 am

I’ve only played with the Corto series and very nice well built rods, the Corto would make a great finese rod. Quality components and build work on the 2 I got to check out.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:12 pm

I've owned both the veloce RV and Nuevo Bosco. Both entry level 2 piece sticks. I think both blanks punched above their price. Considering Olympic is one of the few companies that roll their own blanks in Japan, I felt they were better than similar offerings from the Jdm market. The builds are clean with average Fuji components, and they don't bling it up in an attempt to make the sale on a sub standard blank. Just my 2 cents.

faheem96
Angler
Angler

Post by faheem96 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:08 am

I have the veloce rv and Since then ive been using it for everything. Sold away all my majorcraft rods. The high end silverado seems good also

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ultralight » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Have four UL so far in hand to examine. I have looked at A LOT of blanks as someone who enjous building rods.

My opinion is that their blanks are superb - very high strength to weight ratio. Agree that they don't bling it up which I appreciate. One of the Cortos are made in Japan and the components alone, to a rod builder, will cost as much as the completed rod sells for. That, by my definition, delivers a very high value. I also know of an enthusiast with seemingly unlimited budget who said that the particular rod is on par with other well known JDM rods he has at double the price. So, high performance to price ratio.

However, I don't know how this translates to their bass rod. If I were to guess, I would guess that the philosophy would be consistent.