'19 Steez ct sv tw

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Pastrmka wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Pastrmka wrote:
E73Bass wrote:I just purchased a SV Light Ltd. 8.1 and it will be here in a week.

Now I regret it and should have gotten this CT Steez instead.

So I may be selling the SV Ltd 8.1 RH at a very good price.
Like $387 shipped TYD
I have both and in my limited testing CT SV is bit more capable with lower weights but not a big difference. Ergonomics wise CT is more comfortable for my hands.
What about the braking profiles? I felt the Limited was slightly over braked at times. Does the Steez feel any different, for better or worse?
It's slightly less braked in my opinion but not significant. Here is video on YouTube comparing both in casting, not sure how accurate his numbers are but both reels seem similar.
https://youtu.be/CqAubfObh8k
Awesome. Thank you

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:59 am

TW says that the reel can hold 100 yards of 10 pound line. Does that seem to be accurate?

I am wondering if this is the reel to put on my NRX 852c. Currently running the Abu MGExtreme 2 on it. Wondering if the Steez would be the better option for 1/8 - 1/4oz lures. The Abu's spool holds just soo much line, that I think it kind of kills the super finesse applications.

Any thoughts?

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:09 am

freelancer27 wrote:TW says that the reel can hold 100 yards of 10 pound line. Does that seem to be accurate?

I am wondering if this is the reel to put on my NRX 852c. Currently running the Abu MGExtreme 2 on it. Wondering if the Steez would be the better option for 1/8 - 1/4oz lures. The Abu's spool holds just soo much line, that I think it kind of kills the super finesse applications.

Any thoughts?
I am planning on putting on my Steez Harrier-Finesse and will be using for flick shakes and Ned rigs in the 1/16 to 5/16 size on 8-10 lb test.
I really think when you get into the finesse... it’s about 75 pct rod tip and 25 pct spool size performance.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:02 am

E73Bass wrote:
freelancer27 wrote:TW says that the reel can hold 100 yards of 10 pound line. Does that seem to be accurate?

Any thoughts?
I am planning on putting on my Steez Harrier-Finesse and will be using for flick shakes and Ned rigs in the 1/16 to 5/16 size on 8-10 lb test.
I really think when you get into the finesse... it’s about 75 pct rod tip and 25 pct spool size performance.
My advice is to throw some ZPI, HH Air or some Micro's into the CT SV when you get it, the size is 1030. I initially tried mine with the stock CRRB bearings (no idea why they put these in stock), and the performance is mesurable both in distance and spool control with the alternate bearings. Also, go with the 8lb (I started with the 10lb and it was going too deep into the spool on a long cast).
I use my set up for the same purpose and weight range, utilizing a 7'4 Fenwick Techna GP Light (really a ML). Honestly it's no more distance than I would get out of my Steez A with Air bearings and a MB Honeycomb spool on the same setup.
Last edited by Aquaftm45 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:32 am

Any thoughts?
That's tackle warehouse propaganda, designed to hoodwink the american buyer who still believes more line=more better. 100 yards generally bieng the lowest threshold. The 100/10 contention doesnt match the Daiwa JP website, the Daiwa USA website, and not my experience when spooling it with 10lb line, it held about 80 yards.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:02 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:

Any thoughts?
That's tackle warehouse propaganda, designed to hoodwink the american buyer who still believes more line=more better. 100 yards generally bieng the lowest threshold. The 100/10 contention doesnt match the Daiwa JP website, the Daiwa USA website, and not my experience when spooling it with 10lb line, it held about 80 yards.
Whatbare you talking about???? Your reel aint worth NOTHING if you can pack at LEAST 100yds of 20lb mono on it. Its for when the biggun takes hold and screams out your line.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:39 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:

Any thoughts?
Whatbare you talking about???? Your reel aint worth NOTHING if you can pack at LEAST 100yds of 20lb mono on it. Its for when the biggun takes hold and screams out your line.
Haha. Well, I think it is the US-American 'bigger is better' mentality that drives this.. ;)

Looking forward to your thoughts on the CT SV (once you got one from a poor dude who's wife said 'no, no' :mrgreen: ) especially in comparison to the Steez SV TW!

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:22 am

This reel is very tempting..

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:29 am

As a finesse reel the reel is VERY tempting. I can understand the capacity concerns if you want to throw more normal sized bass baits though. I could definitely see capacity becoming a concern then.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:47 am

LowRange wrote:As a finesse reel the reel is VERY tempting. I can understand the capacity concerns if you want to throw more normal sized bass baits though. I could definitely see capacity becoming a concern then.
No capacity problems for me. It will hold 100 yds of 30# braid if I need it to, though I only filled it about halfway with 10# braid.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:06 am

freelancer27 wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:

Any thoughts?
Haha. Well, I think it is the US-American 'bigger is better' mentality that drives this.. ;)

Looking forward to your thoughts on the CT SV (once you got one from a poor dude who's wife said 'no, no' :mrgreen: ) especially in comparison to the Steez SV TW!
I was being sarcastic about the line capacity comment. I much prefer a shallow spool, especially for braid. To reason to have 60% or so of your spool never see the light of day
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:25 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
LowRange wrote:As a finesse reel the reel is VERY tempting. I can understand the capacity concerns if you want to throw more normal sized bass baits though. I could definitely see capacity becoming a concern then.
No capacity problems for me. It will hold 100 yds of 30# braid if I need it to, though I only filled it about halfway with 10# braid.
Interesting! This would mean that one can put 100 yards of 8# fluro on it. And maybe 80 yards of 10# fluro.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:11 pm

freelancer27 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Interesting! This would mean that one can put 100 yards of 8# fluro on it. And maybe 80 yards of 10# fluro.
Roughly, yes.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:31 pm

TW listed line capacity isn't far off, roughly 15 yards, give or take a nose hair. I'm not sure I'd consider this a finesse - finesse reel. Sounds similar to the SV Light Limited. 1/8 plus small trailer is very good with the right rod. The Zpi Nrc001-m will outclass the SV Light Limited, so I'm not sure I need this reel, other than the form factor being tempting. Still waiting for that Millionaire. We need to source some 31mm to 30mm spacers for when this new spool becomes available. SV Pixy - Yes please 8-)

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:TW listed line capacity isn't far off, roughly 15 yards, give or take a nose hair. I'm not sure I'd consider this a finesse - finesse reel. Sounds similar to the SV Light Limited. 1/8 plus small trailer is very good with the right rod. The Zpi Nrc001-m will outclass the SV Light Limited, so I'm not sure I need this reel, other than the form factor being tempting. Still waiting for that Millionaire. We need to source some 31mm to 30mm spacers for when this new spool becomes available. SV Pixy - Yes please 8-)
It wont work because it is narrower than the Pixy spool(and narrower than all other Daiwa spools, as well). The pinion gear in the Alphas is longer and the levelwind worm gear is different. A member here tried a Pixy spool in his Alphas CT and it "just flopped around". Spanky from the Tackle Trap confirmed this when he went thru that reel for the afore-mentioned member.