'19 Steez ct sv tw

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:31 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:11 am
KTF millionaire CT spool fits nicely in the Steez CT. It is quite controlled in the Steez where I used the mag brakes on 6-8/20. On 4/20 I had a minor backlash (wind at my back).
The spool, perhaps naturally, did very well in the Millionaire with mags on 5/10.
Btw I used the Avani PE shore master casting line in 0.6PE, which is thin stuff indeed.
Is the spool a mandatory add-on? I think not as of now, but time will tell. Certainly helped in the Millionaire.
I will add that the gold SLP colorwise is great for the Millionaire (matches the lip on the Millionaire) whereas the gold KTF color is better suited for the Steez.
Also, this is my 4 ktf spool or so, and I have many zpi spools. How come these nice and expensive spools come without an (extra) spool case is beyond me...still, I will have to try the KTF steez ct spool once it becomes available again.
Very Nice!

Good to hear that the KTF Alpha/Millionare spool will work in the Steez. Couple of questions??
-What gram lure were you casting when using the Steez?
-What sideplate bearing were you using in the Steez and the Millionare? (very important)

Mine are sitting in Las Vegas, while I am stuck in Panama for the next couple of weeks, attempting to wrangle some Peacock, Snook and Tarpon :-({|=

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:49 am

Spoon lure 3.8 gram or so.
ZPI SIC bearing in both reels.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:31 am
Dalleinf wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:11 am
KTF millionaire CT spool fits nicely in the Steez CT. It is quite controlled in the Steez where I used the mag brakes on 6-8/20. On 4/20 I had a minor backlash (wind at my back).
The spool, perhaps naturally, did very well in the Millionaire with mags on 5/10.
Btw I used the Avani PE shore master casting line in 0.6PE, which is thin stuff indeed.
Is the spool a mandatory add-on? I think not as of now, but time will tell. Certainly helped in the Millionaire.
I will add that the gold SLP colorwise is great for the Millionaire (matches the lip on the Millionaire) whereas the gold KTF color is better suited for the Steez.
Also, this is my 4 ktf spool or so, and I have many zpi spools. How come these nice and expensive spools come without an (extra) spool case is beyond me...still, I will have to try the KTF steez ct spool once it becomes available again.
Very Nice!

Good to hear that the KTF Alpha/Millionare spool will work in the Steez. Couple of questions??
-What gram lure were you casting when using the Steez?
-What sideplate bearing were you using in the Steez and the Millionare? (very important)

Mine are sitting in Las Vegas, while I am stuck in Panama for the next couple of weeks, attempting to wrangle some Peacock, Snook and Tarpon :-({|=
Sounds rough :lol:

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:08 am

In my hurry, I hadnt noticed the suffering in Panama :-)
Sounds absolutely great!

kunia13
Angler
Angler

Post by kunia13 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:01 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:08 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:27 pm
Does anyone find the position of the brake dial bothersome in any way? Accidental adjustments or digging into your finger?
I personally cant even feel the dial when palming it. It is very "out of the way", even compared to its big brother, the SV TW.
Same here. No matter how I palm the reel, I never felt the dial. This reel palms really well, I prefer it to the Aldebaran reels.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 am

Just noticed digitaka has RCSB spools available for the 30mm reels. They are 8 geams. Maybe old news...havent kept up with the thread

https://www.digitaka.com/list.php?categ ... +700+SPOOL

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:40 am

KP Duty wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 am
Just noticed digitaka has RCSB spools available for the 30mm reels. They are 8 geams. Maybe old news...havent kept up with the thread

I have ordered that ’lighter’ RCSB spool for my ct Alphas. It’s still on way for me.

Someone in this forum weighted that spool after I have ordered that spool. As I remember, it weights exactly same as. original spool. It’s 8 grams if weighted without bearing…nice…I’m a little disappointed. :oops:

As I have been disappointed for my all sv type brakes. Those are slimy and casts are short and those are very stressfull to cast and backlashes appears more than Magforce Z type spools or with fixed inductor. But that 30 mm spool I felt first time that there could be sense in sv brake in this spool. But my ct Alphas arrived with broken inductor. Therefore I jammed it totally with HLC spring and after that this spool is nice to cast, because now I know how brake is going to behave.

But I’m hard headed and I have ordered more sv style spools. Now I’m waiting that RCSB spool and also extremely expensive (for me) KTF spool. :)

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:16 pm

Well, at least your new spool will probably look great and be a quick sell if you decide not to keep it. I had the red rcs spool for my old purple alphas. I didn't notice any performance gain, but my eyes appreciated them.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:07 pm

jvelth74 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:40 am
KP Duty wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 am

I have ordered that ’lighter’ RCSB spool for my ct Alphas. It’s still on way for me.

Someone in this forum weighted that spool after I have ordered that spool. As I remember, it weights exactly same as. original spool. It’s 8 grams if weighted without bearing…nice…I’m a little disappointed. :oops:

As I have been disappointed for my all sv type brakes. Those are slimy and casts are short and those are very stressfull to cast and backlashes appears more than Magforce Z type spools or with fixed inductor. But that 30 mm spool I felt first time that there could be sense in sv brake in this spool. But my ct Alphas arrived with broken inductor. Therefore I jammed it totally with HLC spring and after that this spool is nice to cast, because now I know how brake is going to behave.

But I’m hard headed and I have ordered more sv style spools. Now I’m waiting that RCSB spool and also extremely expensive (for me) KTF spool. :)

So if weight of the RCSB 70 CT SV spool is 8 grams.

What is weight of the black G1 found in the Steez CT SV ?
https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/phone/product/4403

And would I see a noticeable difference in performance if I wanted to get one of these purple ones for my Steez CT ?

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:05 pm

Exact same weight for all of the RCS and stock spools. Approx 8 gram without bearing and 9.5g with...
Same spools but different colour - no upgrade.

You will need KTF spool to see a difference.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:44 am

Received packages yesterday:
Ostokset.JPG
Ostokset.JPG (54.75 KiB) Viewed 9424 times
RCSB spool is litttle heavier than std. spool:
SLP works puola.JPG
SLP works puola.JPG (48.24 KiB) Viewed 9424 times
KTF spool is nice and light:
KTF puola.JPG
KTF puola.JPG (36.46 KiB) Viewed 9424 times

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:54 am

^Nice. The KTF Millionaire spool performed great during fishing with 3.5-5g lures. Nice upgrade after all.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:15 am

jvelth74 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:44 am
Ostokset.JPG
SLP works puola.JPG
KTF puola.JPG
Don’t see a scaled weight of the stock spool and I take the 9.6 is with bearings on the RCSB.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:50 am

Yes, stock spool and SLP RCS are both approx 9.6g with bearing.
KTF is also shown w bearing.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:56 am

jvelth74 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:44 am
Ostokset.JPG
SLP works puola.JPG
KTF puola.JPG
Looking good and bravo for getting some micro bearings. I would throw one of those on the spool of the SLP and leave the IXA micro that came with it on the KTF, and put the Air BFS in the sideplate.
Start up and rolling internia should be almost the same on both the Air BFS and KTF Micro

But..I almost remember you purchased (2) CT SV's?