Forgive me daiwa

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Forgive me daiwa

Post by lund40 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:55 am

I luv my daiwas but I had to get a Shimano bantum that's a wicked reel

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Forgive me daiwa

Post by goldrod » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:58 am

Lund40

You are forgiven and we encourage you to buy more.
We think the Bantam is a sick reel as well.

V/R
Daiwa
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:51 am

lund40 wrote:...but I had to get a Shimano
Preach it from the highest mountain!

The 11th commandment!

Can I hear an Amen???

Amen! :big grin:

Hope you enjoy it, and many more to come!
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:28 am

Blasphemy. That rule breaks the DAIWA law of having a levelwind 2ft from the spool while casting.

Never heard anything bad on the Bantam though, other than the mild complaint of the levelwind being so close and most anglers say it isn't really noticeable.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

Just make sure you put some Da or SLP knobs on it. For double blasphemy sakes.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:04 pm

that is how I roll

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:14 pm

I have one on the way as well

Hata Takuma
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Hata Takuma » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi there,
I used both Daiwa and Shimano top of their products, I switched definitively to Shimano after I got busted in 3 consecutive trips to Brazil for peacock bass and 1 trip to Mexico for largemouth.
I had to send back to Japan 2 different Daiwa Z2020 H and SH for repair as the spool release thumb bar was disengaging by itself during casting. The same SH was sent back to Japan for same problem, that happened twice in 2 consecutive trips. Plus another SH who got one BB destroyed (reel was at its maiden test for peacock). On another trip, 2 screw of brand new TD Zillion SP 7.9R came lose and 1 got lost. ](*,) I know you may think it is not a big deal, it could happen to anybody else, the spool release thumb bar could be related to Z2020 series, I asked this question on several fishing forum, nobody had that issue before. And we are not talking about plastic made old TD Z ito, I’m talking about “robust like tank” bait casting reels, or accordingly to Daiwa and their specs, freaking solid and reliable reels. But maybe they are only supposed to be solid and reliable ones. Long story made short, since I switched to Shimano (Antares, Antares DC, Metanium, Metanium DC, and Conquest), I never had an issue, kept going to Brazil and Mexico and those reels still stand. Only mantainance I had to do is cleaning and oiling.
I definitively keep buying Daiwa, I love their design and technology as well, but I use them in sporadic local one day fishing trips here in Wisconsin since after.

/Piero

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:34 pm

The Bantam is awesome.

Jkitchens
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jkitchens » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:29 pm

Added a Bantam recently as well, awesome reel, probably going to add a few more!
2018 Ranger RT 188 w / 115 PRO XS CT

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:17 pm

I kind of think anyone who thinks one brand has a monopoly on quality interesting products has been living in a cave. I have a Bantam and love it also have a Tatula SV and love it. I'm sure that I am not the only one that mixes it up. Brand loyalty, is silly, be it fishing equipment or cars.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:45 am

lund40 wrote:I luv my daiwas but I had to get a Shimano bantum that's a wicked reel
All you need to do now is put it on a MB rod to cause some controversy. :evil22:

While I prefer Shimano over Daiwa I do like some of the Daiwa reels as well. :-$

I put the Bantam on a MB Evo Diablo and it feels very connected so to speak.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:12 am

timinmo wrote:I kind of think anyone who thinks one brand has a monopoly on quality interesting products has been living in a cave. I have a Bantam and love it also have a Tatula SV and love it. I'm sure that I am not the only one that mixes it up. Brand loyalty, is silly, be it fishing equipment or cars.
Agree...

runmax08
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by runmax08 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Hata Takuma wrote:Hi there,
I used both Daiwa and Shimano top of their products, I switched definitively to Shimano after I got busted in 3 consecutive trips to Brazil for peacock bass and 1 trip to Mexico for largemouth.
I had to send back to Japan 2 different Daiwa Z2020 H and SH for repair as the spool release thumb bar was disengaging by itself during casting."
/Piero

When you cast with some Daiwa's make sure the handles are parallel or even with the reel body as opposed to perpendicular. This will eliminate the disengaging of the thumb bar....imo

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:59 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
timinmo wrote:I kind of think anyone who thinks one brand has a monopoly on quality interesting products has been living in a cave. I have a Bantam and love it also have a Tatula SV and love it. I'm sure that I am not the only one that mixes it up. Brand loyalty, is silly, be it fishing equipment or cars.
Agree...
+2