ZenMarket

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
breamtim
Angler
Angler

ZenMarket

Post by breamtim » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi all
Has anyone here used Zenmarket from Japan for purchasing tackle? I'm looking at some of the rods on Yahoo Auctions but I'm not exactly sure what its going to cost me all up, don't want any hidden surprises. Any reviews and experiences from ZenMarket would be great especially regarding rods.
Thanks, Tim

raychoi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: ZenMarket

Post by raychoi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:21 pm

:D Dejapan is your best friend, they only charge 100 yen for the trouble. The total cost is the item cost+ domestic shipping+ international shipping. The shipping is nothing unless you purchase a one piece rod

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:36 pm

I have no experience with ZenMarket but if it is like Buyee then you may not find out the shipping costs until they buy the item on your behalf and give you the bill.

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Rods are going to be tricky with a service like ZenMarket, you have no idea if they will do a decent job packing the rod,
and shipping is probably going to be very expensive.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:18 pm

raychoi wrote::D Dejapan is your best friend, they only charge 100 yen for the trouble. The total cost is the item cost+ domestic shipping+ international shipping. The shipping is nothing unless you purchase a one piece rod
What does someone pay to get a reel shipped to the states with the service? $30?

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:44 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
raychoi wrote::D Dejapan is your best friend, they only charge 100 yen for the trouble. The total cost is the item cost+ domestic shipping+ international shipping. The shipping is nothing unless you purchase a one piece rod
What does someone pay to get a reel shipped to the states with the service? $30?
My last one was closer to $40, but it's 3 days door to door just about every time.

Patex
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Patex » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:46 am

LowRange wrote:I have no experience with ZenMarket but if it is like Buyee then you may not find out the shipping costs until they buy the item on your behalf and give you the bill.
I agree, got burnt with extortionate shipping charges and there is no way to cancel or reverse.
Rakuten is better and now they have English version.

raychoi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by raychoi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
For the reel, I only need to pay around 2000 yen for the EMS international shipping. The shipping within Japan is usually free if you spend more than 10000 yen. :lol: